What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone still want to sack Flanno?

Surely

Post Whore
when I read articles saying we are so far under the cap then maybe we keep all of them?
who knows.
it's obviously more complex than that.
3 ex sharks played origin this year.
maybe these players left because the mountain to climb to get to first grade is too high?
i.e. why buy edrick Lee when we have had players in these positions?
why buy Josh Dugan at marquee money when we've had players like scott play first grade elsewhere.
that sort of stuff gives people the shits.
how long did peachey sit in reserves?
heard park footballer tags thrown around.
maybe our prospect identification is poor?

Dugan and Lee were bought long after Scott and ado-Carr left.

And thank f**k they were because we don’t have any decent young wingers, katoa isn’t going that well unfortunately.

Morris has been signed purely to mentor xerri, Morris on wing xerri in centres, katoa and xerri would hinder xerris development.

Lewis will be replaced by Williams , that will be two young guys next season.

Don’t kid yourself that Bennett and Bellamy don’t buy experienced players even though they have kids to put into those positions.

coolumsharkie

Referee
Yeah he was looking the goods before that. Hopefully more of the same next season, I've also been impressed with Sorenson, he's coming into his own a bit.

Dugan and Lee were bought long after Scott and ado-Carr left.

And thank f**k they were because we don’t have any decent young wingers, katoa isn’t going that well unfortunately.

Morris has been signed purely to mentor xerri, Morris on wing xerri in centres, katoa and xerri would hinder xerris development.

Lewis will be replaced by Williams , that will be two young guys next season.

Don’t kid yourself that Bennett and Bellamy don’t buy experienced players even though they have kids to put into those positions.
if these players had been retained in our system then these purchases may not have eventuated.
you do realise this?
forget the exact timing.
we didn't want to upgrade bird or maloney.
we paid more for their replacements.
on williams.
he looks like a fine player from what I've seen.
lewis replacement?
let's hope he gets his chance along with sorenson as well.
track record shows we will hit the market for a second rower pushing 30 on the way out to SL.

but tell me this, why kurt dillon was debuted first this year?
he looked well off the pace for nrl standard and was exploited a number of times in his first 15 minutes on the field.
gets one more chance then don't see him again.
I don't blame the player for this.
I blame the coach for not seeing that both williams and sorenson were higher up the pecking order. by quite a way.
way to destroy someone's confidence.

this is sorrensons 2nd stint with the club.
he's already left once.

YTSharks

Juniors
if these players had been retained in our system then these purchases may not have eventuated.
you do realise this?
forget the exact timing.
on williams.
lewis replacement?
track record shows we will hit the market for a second rower pushing 30 on the way out to SL.

he looked well off the pace for nrl standard and was exploited a number of times in his first 15 minutes on the field.
I blame the coach for not seeing that both williams and sorenson were higher up the pecking order. by quite a way.

he's already left once.
We tried to upgrade Bird but he left for more money, we then got Dugan for less than we offered Bird. Maloney was year 1 into a 3 year contract and had no reason to be given an upgrade.

Dillon the prop played when we needed a prop, while Sorenson and Williams, the back rowers played when we needed back rowers and made more of their chance.
Remembering Dillon made the NSW Cup team of the year last year too

sharkman73

Juniors
We tried to upgrade Bird but he left for more money, we then got Dugan for less than we offered Bird. Maloney was year 1 into a 3 year contract and had no reason to be given an upgrade.

Dillon the prop played when we needed a prop, while Sorenson and Williams, the back rowers played when we needed back rowers and made more of their chance.

Good post.

We made a fair offer to Bird. We were right not to up it.

Giving Maloney what he wanted after one year sets a terrible example to everyone else. Yes, he's a gun but we/he knew that when he signed.The reason he left Easts was because of the third year we offered.

Can't have it both ways, James.

what was offered to bird and what's duges on?
what's that they say? pick your best 17?
we have played a lot of players out of position in the past.
could have pushed gal to prop.
opens up options.

sharkman73

Juniors
opens up options.

Bird was average last year and came out of the off season like a fat heap. We made the right call imo.

I love the bloke, I think he has potential to be a very good player long term, but he's not there yet and neither should his salary.

Would love to get him back with Brisbane paying some of his salary.

Surely

Post Whore
you do realise this?
forget the exact timing.
on williams.
lewis replacement?

he's already left once.

Forget the timing ??

It's all about timing , sometimes 20yos don't want to wait but you don't drop an established player to accommodate their impatience.

YTSharks

Juniors
opens up options.
From what was reported, Bird was offered more than Holmes, and Holmes is our highest paid player now meaning Dugan is on less. Numbers wise is a bit of speculation really.

Hindsight is really 20/20 between Dillon and Williams and if Dillon was still getting picked ahead of Williams after both got a run I’d then question the coach’s perception. But Dillon’s record really meant he should have had first crack too.
Sorenson is an out and out edge forward, moving the lock, with graham, capewell, Lewis and Paulo already in the team would have made us really small

shaggs

Coach
If bird comes back, there are theses players in the backs of note.

Holmes - FB/WG
Katoa - WG
Dugan - C/FB/WG
Morris - C
Bird - C/6

That’s 3 rep centres at different stages of career. Does getting bird back piss xerri right off.

Latest posts