What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ben Hunt To be Released to Dragons beforeJune 30!!

thebigredv

First Grade
Irrespective of Hunt comes or stays let's say Karma is a bitch. Wayne drops Hunt so he can find form in reserve grade cause he wants him to run the call more. So what Wayne is doing is trying to change his game ready for when he comes to us for the worst as we bought Hunt as a ball playing organising half back. Now the milf get unfortunately injured so Wayne karma has bitten you on your arse old man. Your a bitter old man Wayne it does not surprise me ex players despise you.
p.s. we love you, thanks for 2010

possm

Coach
Well Mickey Lane think you might be onto something. Hunt "gently" on the outer with Benno - small amount of media coverage. Ten more days, and the chatter will become louder until Benno gives his blessing and allows Ben to go to the Mighty, just before June 30.
Hope I'm right but as the missus says, not often you'r right but you're wrong again
Milford injured, Hunt will be going nowhere except to Broncos first grade.

BrissyRedV

Bench
How on earth did this thread
A) Get started?
B) Have 150 posts?
C) Probably have more posts after this one?
We do like to spin a good yarn into a good thread here on the Dragons forum.
Having a halfback like McGroan will make people look in their tea leaves for a sign that change is happening...

getsmarty

Immortal
State of Origin 2017: Queensland Maroons lock in game two starting side, Ben Hunt called into camp

Meanwhile dumped Broncos half Ben Hunt has also been invited to the Sanctuary Cove preparations along with Brisbane teammate Andrew McCullough.

Hunt, who was sensationally dropped to reserve grade last week by club coach Wayne Bennett, has been called into camp by Walters, who mentored the big money No. 7 in his previous role as Broncos assistant coach.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/sta...p/news-story/0515b4a609100cfc8d44b6c3659053fb

BringTheNoise

Juniors
How on earth did this thread
A) Get started?
B) Have 150 posts?
C) Probably have more posts after this one?
We do like to spin a good yarn into a good thread here on the Dragons forum.

The biggest question is why on earth do people on this forum still take mickeylane seriously? This thread is yet another classic moment to add to his history.

Yes you read this right!!

Theres an extremely strong rumour that Ben Hunt is out of sorts w Wayne Bennett to the point where he was fit to play last week but was passed over for selection and once again was passed over for selection this week in preference for Kodi Nikorima..

The Broncos kept Ben Hunts fitness secret last week but this week the media has latched onto it proclaiming that Hunt is fit but won't be selected in any grade!

Dragons have made a request for an early move but was knocked back apparently last week - my source (prominent bookmaker) who will kill me if he ever reads this forum said that the Dragons have enough cap room to take in Hunt this year and pay out his remaining contract for this year around $300K due after July 1..

I know this sounds preposterous but its on the cards and brewing as we speak...if it happens expect Hunt to team up w Widdop from early July just in time to take in 9 games before the semis...the last time a move like this happened was back in 2010 when one Mark Gasnier joined the Dragons mid season from France and we went on to win the comp..

Stranger things have happened..

Straight Shooter

BringTheNoise

Juniors
Even if Hunt had been released early what difference would it have made to us?

The fact so many people bank on this guy changing our fortunes shows how much of a mess this club is. Hunt will go down as one of the biggest recruitment blunders in history. Unbalanced squad, salary cap stretched to the limits and a guy who ain't worth close to a million dollars.

Millward is a loser.

blacksafake

First Grade
Benji only looked better because he done a few flashy good things but he still threw some very ordinary passes.
Hunt to me looked unfit.

Latest posts