What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett coached Brisbane are pathetic

ouryears

Bench
We had an average team, with average players, who Bennet seemed to be able to get the very best out of.
I still don't know how we won that comp, other than Bennet had every player believing that they could.
With Smith, Costigan, Weyman and Beau Scott in his prime, plus Boyd, Morris, Cooper and Gaz....we had 8 great players.

Saffy was an awesome workhorse defender. Merrin....and the rest were pretty good too.

2010 team.
1. Darius Boyd 2. Brett Morris 3. Mark Gasnier 4. Matt Cooper 5. Jason Nightingale 6. Jamie Soward 7. Ben Hornby 8. Neville Costigan 9. Dean Young 10. Michael Weyman 11. Beau Scott 12. Ben Creagh 13. Jeremy Smith
Interchange: 14. Nathan Fien 15. Trent Merrin 16. Matt Prior 17. Jarrod Saffy

nontime111

Juniors
I like Mary better also, I think hes just a bit of a slow learner but hes Red and White through and through Id much rather Mary here than Bennett Hasler or anyone...he has made this team believe in themselves, it took a while I know I was his biggest critic but give him credit get behind our team

Frank Facer

First Grade
Question: why is there a thread about Brisbane on this forum!

Saints' fans rejoice in it's demise, but that's about it.

Losing Hunt has devastated that club, and it's karma for when those pricks encouraged Tallis to break a valid playing contact.

No sympathy for them, and definitely none for its coach either, who borders on narcissism.
I will tell you why this thread is on our forum.

Because many posters on this site think that if we had Bennett as our coach, then we would be successful.

Because many posters also think that we can not have any success with Mary as our coach.

Because I said at the start of the season that Brisbane would struggle to make the tip 8, while I said that we could be top 4 material and should make the top 6 and many people disagreed with both my comments.

Because I love seeing the Bennett coached Brisbane side going shit. lol

Because I said that we have got the cattle this year and that Bennett doesn't have the cattle this year.

We were on the cusp of winning the premiership by that stage. Bennett coming tipped them into the premiership. It could be well argued that Brownie himself could have done the same. The secret sauce, I believe, was that we had a lot of juniors in the team, topped up by good buys.

This year and the next two is our window. We still have juniors who will push for a starting position which strengthens our cause.

Personally, I hope it happens for Nightingale. This bloke is a legend and for a long time, first bloke picked. 2009 he was injured and played reserve grade when Wendel was in the squad.

I think you'll struggle to find someone on here that thinks Brownie could have won that comp

emu62

Juniors
I will tell you why this thread is on our forum.

Because many posters on this site think that if we had Bennett as our coach, then we would be successful.

Because many posters also think that we can not have any success with Mary as our coach.

Because I said at the start of the season that Brisbane would struggle to make the tip 8, while I said that we could be top 4 material and should make the top 6 and many people disagreed with both my comments.

Because I love seeing the Bennett coached Brisbane side going shit. lol

Because I said that we have got the cattle this year and that Bennett doesn't have the cattle this year.

A bit early to be lining up for your medal Frank

giboz71

First Grade
Well, Mary coached teams with no established half for pretty much the last 3-4 years with pretty ordinary results.

Let’s see how Bennett goes having the same problem. So far, I haven’t seen anything compelling from him in his quest to solve that problem. The same thing that Hasler struggled with at the Dogs.

Gareth67

First Grade
Wee wee - who cares ? They will not be playing the Dragons again , unless we meet them in the finals - what the fook I am I saying , in the finals and it is only round 4 . Well you chaps know exactly what I am trying to say , so Brisbane's troubles are their own , however as said by others - who was the idiot that decided to let Bn Hunt go ? Their immense loss is most certainly our huge , huge gain .

Last edited:

Maxwell

Juniors
Bronco's halves are absolute shit, why would you pay Milford big bucks and lose Hunt. Bennett has a lot to answer, his coaching is old school and as a team they are shitful. 6 years ago no one would leave the broncos system , now they are even leaving to go to Newcastle. Times up Wayne old fella , move on. I watched a press conference by a AFL coach talking about the guy who collapsed and the coach answered every question appropiately , Bennet would have told them you's know every thing , you's caused it and walked out, just a smuck

MILEY CYRUS

Juniors
The whole broncos recruitment is terrible. Let go of Ben Hunt but pay big money for Milford and Jack Bird, without having a proper halfback. Let go of Jai Arrow and Esse Esse but keep old Thaiday. Sign Darius Boyd for 4 years with the constant injuries he has had lately. Alex Glenn has never kicked on from his first season.

Bench
It makes you wonder which player(s) are on big bucks. Bennett is just a cranky old coach who doesn’t put any blame on his coaching.
Look at this way we got Hunt and we are unbeaten. Broncos loose Hunt and they are on a downward slide.
Parramatta look like they will be 0-4. Great to see them at the bottom.

Frank Facer

First Grade
The whole broncos recruitment is terrible. Let go of Ben Hunt but pay big money for Milford and Jack Bird, without having a proper halfback. Let go of Jai Arrow and Esse Esse but keep old Thaiday. Sign Darius Boyd for 4 years with the constant injuries he has had lately. Alex Glenn has never kicked on from his first season.
If Bennett has signed with us instead of going backto Brisbane, we would have had Darius Boyd as our fullback and captain now.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
It makes you wonder which player(s) are on big bucks. Bennett is just a cranky old coach who doesn’t put any blame on his coaching.
Look at this way we got Hunt and we are unbeaten. Broncos loose Hunt and they are on a downward slide.
Parramatta look like they will be 0-4. Great to see them at the bottom.

I’d rather see Melbourne, Dogs & Bronco joint last but l get what your saying.
Totally agree about Bennett.
Coaches too have an expiry date.
Bennett just refuses to see it.

Anyway, nice to see the table mixed up a bit........ oh, can l add Nulla Narks to the ‘bottom’ list.

Brisbane are pathetic this year. We gave them a touch up in the first round. The second round they were very lucky to beat Nth Qld, with one of their tries having 2 forward passes and Nth Qld being denied a certain try, when one of their players ran into the upright. Last week they were pathetic when extremely lucky to beat Wests. Today they got beat by the Gold Coast and were terrible again.

I said at the beginning of the season that I thought Brisbane would struggle to make the top 8 this year. They are even worse than I thought they would be. So much for having the Messiah as their coach. lol

Bird looks over weight. Their forwards look weak. Boyd hasn't done anything. Thaiday, should have retired.

So Mary is better?

FMD, this forum has become comedy central.

Straight Shooter

BennyV

Referee
Well, Mary coached teams with no established half for pretty much the last 3-4 years with pretty ordinary results.

Let’s see how Bennett goes having the same problem. So far, I haven’t seen anything compelling from him in his quest to solve that problem. The same thing that Hasler struggled with at the Dogs.
Dogs made grand finals and a minor premiership with Hopkinson/Keating and Reynolds as their halves!! It’s a poor excuse.