What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bennett now

Lovemedragons

Juniors
I would be pleased but stunned if Bennett comes back to coach the Dragons, he has used our club as a pawn in the past when looking for a new job and he is probably using us again, he wont be back. I would be happy with JD, and be prepared to give him time to succeed.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
I think that I will wake up on January 1 2019 and McIdiot will still be the coach.

Dearly Beloved,

I sincerely hope your reoccurring nightmares are soon a thing of the past.
I too, use to suffer those demon headaches but found relief in the form of imaginary dreams of the Messiah, Pharoah Bennett from the Temple of Broncosaus.

Let it be known,
Let it be written,
The Messiah will return.

The Prophet OKB1XXLM

bennett002.jpg

Last edited:

possm

Coach
I like what you have said possum, however where will the money come from to sign Bennett , pay out Mary and also the players that may follow him South ? The players that ‘ shall be let go ‘ may still not be enough.

Personally I would get him here also , but don’t forget he has already had first hand experience with the Jiont Venture’s board and there fore realizes just how hard they are to work with. Unfortunately I believe that he will give the Dragons a miss - a big miss and move to Penrith .

Where did the money come from to sign Bennett in 2009-2011? At the moment the coach is outside the cap so funds from any sponsorship deal, loan or even asset sale will do the job. Like in 2010, a successful season will see our coffers full again.

Bennett will get the players he wants into place. I'm not sure what Millward has done with the Dugan, Packer, Thompson salary cap funds and the extra 2m cap from the NRL - maybe he front ended some contracts, I hope so. If that is the case, we may have room under the cap to do the job.

Where did the money come from to sign Bennett in 2009-2011? At the moment the coach is outside the cap so funds from any sponsorship deal, loan or even asset sale will do the job. Like in 2010, a successful season will see our coffers full again.

Bennett will get the players he wants into place. I'm not sure what Millward has done with the Dugan, Packer, Thompson salary cap funds and the extra 2m cap from the NRL - maybe he front ended some contracts, I hope so. If that is the case, we may have room under the cap to do the job.
Did we not borrow it from the NRL? Or was that taken before 2010?

Vinnie

Juniors
Don't want Bennett his era is gone and let's face he's done very little since leaving the Dragons. Plus am still hurting at the destruction he caused after he left us !
For me there's 2 coaches i would want - Barrett or Brown. They have the Passion, would have the Loyalty as they were both Dragons and can coach !! More importantly look at what they have done with younger players that they have been forced to use at their respective clubs And they know how to ROTATE a squad !

Vinnie

Juniors
Gould was right what he said and I've been dreading this all along most of our players are busted ! and or out of forms !! Our coach McIdiot does not know how to ROTATE a squad or rest players you just cannot get through a full season without resting players especially origin players !!!
We should have rested half our squad in the game against the Tigers Idiot didn't do that and lets face it we LOST the game anyway and have pretty much lost every game since except 1.
The other half of the team should have been put on notice about their form weeks ago and droppings should have happened to let them know it's not a joke but this as well didn't happen and we continue to lose.
The same thing happened last year and will continue to happen as our bumbling coaching staff do not know how to ROTATE and keep players fresh hey you never know a star could be found when using a young player and actually giving him game time not 80mins on the bench and 10mins on the field !!

Saintsified

Bench
I would be pleased but stunned if Bennett comes back to coach the Dragons, he has used our club as a pawn in the past when looking for a new job and he is probably using us again, he wont be back. I would be happy with JD, and be prepared to give him time to succeed.
That's what the board is saying about Mary... give him time they said, has his team now they said.....d'oh

No more penguins please, give us a lion. Wayne

Don't want Bennett his era is gone and let's face he's done very little since leaving the Dragons. Plus am still hurting at the destruction he caused after he left us !
For me there's 2 coaches i would want - Barrett or Brown. They have the Passion, would have the Loyalty as they were both Dragons and can coach !! More importantly look at what they have done with younger players that they have been forced to use at their respective clubs And they know how to ROTATE a squad !
Now while I’ll admit Brown may be a better coach than he was when he was last here, that would not be hard.
But please, no more Dragons old boys, no more experiments on who will be a great coach in the future.
Just someone with a proven record of success thanks.

Saintsified

Bench
So Bennett's done nothing since but Barrett and Brown have ?

Vinnie

Juniors
So Bennett's done nothing since but Barrett and Brown have ?
With the rosters they have had yes i believe they have and i'm looking at the young players they have blooded and nurtured into 1st grade, not withstanding that they are highly regarded

Gentle Herpes

Juniors
Bennett came within a bee's dick of a premiership and made the prelim finals at two different clubs. That must count for more than blooding the odd youngster into firsts.

Brutalitops

Juniors
To me I essentially equate 2015 to a premiership for Bennett.

Obviously it's not how it worked out, but he was good enough to win it and what cost it was ultimately out of his control.