What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird for fullback

Quigs

Immortal
Beale played a lot better than most of the average performers but the big question I have to ask is, "did he actually beat a player at all during the game?"

SharkShocked

Bench
Beale played a lot better than most of the average performers but the big question I have to ask is, "did he actually beat a player at all during the game?"

I'm not sure i can remember many of our players beating anyone. Diabolical game.

Card Shark

Immortal
Geez guys, youse are harsh on bird.

Do you recollect his committment in the grand final after his arm was bent over 45 degrees the wrong way.

Stake Removed

First Grade
I didnt watch the game, but it was always going to be hard to win, we had 1 trial vs broncs with half the team only, as other half in nines, then going to different temperature different rules as well.

Chimp

Bench
I'm a big fan of Bird, but I wouldn't be breaking the bank for him - not worth serious serious coin that he will no doubt demand.

AJB1102

First Grade
Geez guys, youse are harsh on bird.

Do you recollect his committment in the grand final after his arm was bent over 45 degrees the wrong way.

Granted. But he can't live off that. You're only as good as your last game and his last one was all sorts of shithouse.

Card Shark

Immortal
Yeh he was ordinary, his mind wasn't on the job, like a lot of them.

It was a holiday & we played like that. Just another reason why back to back is so hard - the guys aren't back into footy mode yet & may never be now the job is done.

Our preparation for this game was poor - 1 trial on the same night as the 9s.

The positive is, it was a good hit out before the season & a wake up call. I can't see us going back to back without Barba (& Ennis) but a good kick up the arse before the season will highlight that before its too late.

You can guarantee our minds will be on the job, come round 1.

Bird is an edge runner. Either centre or back rower. That is all he will ever be, but thats a good thing for him & us, because he is one of the best. Worth every cent we pay him.
Fullback is a conundrum for us. Real Conundrum. We have plenty of guys with attack that could play there, but none are a spit on the defensive organisational nouse of Benny. Clap holmes all you like, but we wont go any good with him at the back.
The players have stated they could hardly hear benny screaming at them during the GF because of crowd noise. How far are whispers going to get us?

SharkShocked

Bench
I would rather have a players deficiency as communicating - which realistically should be easily drummed into someone.

Than go back through the years where we've had players with no footwork, speed or the ability to beat players.

Give Holmes a crack and time before writing him off. See how he handles the step up in responsibility.

carcharias

Immortal
You could've had Eddie Vedder playing fullback in the grand final and they wouldn't have heard him.

Card Shark

Immortal
Bird is an edge runner. Either centre or back rower. That is all he will ever be, but thats a good thing for him & us, because he is one of the best. Worth every cent we pay him.
Fullback is a conundrum for us. Real Conundrum. We have plenty of guys with attack that could play there, but none are a spit on the defensive organisational nouse of Benny. Clap holmes all you like, but we wont go any good with him at the back.
The players have stated they could hardly hear benny screaming at them during the GF because of crowd noise. How far are whispers going to get us?

We have no one with the attack of Barba.

Holmes has the potential but he's not as quick.

Latest posts