What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bird for fullback

Ads

First Grade
Bird could reinvent the lock position. At the moment its a 3rd prop. Sell that to him, give him some creative license and tell him he isn't there to eat metres like Gal.

I don't like the idea of him at "lock". Not unless our system changes anyway. Internally they call that position "middle" along with the two props and hooker. He would be wasted running in traffic because the locks job is to stay in the middle third.

I don't like the idea of him at 6. He doesn't have a kicking game and is more about running himself than setting up his outside men. Next to Maloney it could be O.K. but O.K isn't good enough.

I don't like the idea of him at Fullback. Sure, he gets the ball in his hands more and is dangerous but his work in diffusing kicks is downright terrible and his defensive positioning is worse. I shudder to think what happens when we come up against Melbourne/Cowboys/Souths with their targeted kicking games.

Birds strength is getting outside his marker, bumping players off and making the odd real nice relieving hit up out of our own end. Centre or Edge back rower is where he is best.

taipan

Referee
If I was running the books for 2018.It would read thus:-
Gal you can retire with your head held high.Position available with the football club or a couple of years ESL superannuation.
Heino ,you work your guts out, but comes a time in man's life when it's time to relax.
Lewie I believe could crack another year
Flick T Rex,and Beale.
Retain Graham and Bird,they are musts .
We gotta look to the future.

Latest posts