What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Austin is a better 5/8 than Anthony Milford & Mitchell Moses

Oh damn..So he won't be available to feature on the pre-show next week to talk about how great a player Austin is with Matty Johns n co?

Canberra Raiders five-eighth Blake Austin says broken hand should have ended his season
191bae0a3d8b133ad019606de1799e7e

Michael Carayannis, The Daily Telegraph
September 18, 2016 8:35pm

BLAKE Austin should not have returned until the grand final.

The Raiders five-eighth has revealed the full extent of the broken hand which threatened to ruin his season.

Austin rushed back with the Raiders’ year on the line, scoring the first try with some solo footwork in Canberra’s 22-12 win against the Panthers on Saturday night. Had it not been a finals game, Austin, who needed running repairs on the hand during the game, would have stayed sidelined.

Finals report card: Power plays pave the way

Raiders believe they have the key to beating Storm

786ecac58f1ca09681fc18a466766f73

Blake Austin says he shouldn’t have been playing in the NRL finals due to injury
“If it had have been a round three or four I would’ve waited another couple of weeks,” Austin said.

“I wasn’t going to miss another game at GIO Stadium with that crowd. I’m pleased it pulled up well.

“The hand is pretty sturdy with the plates in there. The local anaesthetic numbs it and allows you to do plenty with it.”

Austin had two metal plates and 16 screws inserted, and was only medically cleared to play a day before Saturday’s match. Doubt about the durability of his hand crept into Austin’s mind having not played since injuring himself during a training drill in the lead-up to Canberra’s round 25 clash against Manly.

420c5e0758558c3c3cd9456106273fdb

Austin suffered a nasty hand injury at Raiders’ training
“There were different nerves heading in,” Austin said.

“Not performance nerves. Just nerves of how I was going to feel. I was pretty confident I was ready to go but I didn’t want to let the boys down.

“It held up all right. I can now head to Melbourne without any fear of injury.”

While Austin shrugged off his hand injury, he was dealt another blow when he rolled his ankle midway through the first half. Austin limped his way through parts of the opening half but said he would be fine to take on the Storm on Saturday.

“That’s my body this year unfortunately,” Austin said. “A slight roll of the ankle, it’s about getting on with it and looking after it throughout the week.

“Not too many teams are 100 per cent this time of year. I’ll take a leaf out of Hodgo’s (Josh Hodgson’s) book with the way he looked after his ankle and look after mine.”

75cb39edd9b08a3846d8d78e338a16ba

The Raiders five-eighth scored the opening try against his old club Penrith
The win against his former club doubled as Austin’s first finals appearance. Austin has become an integral part of the Raiders side since joining the club last year. He said he always knew he would be a dominant NRL player once he settled into a regular spot.

“Without sounding arrogant I knew I could make the mark on this level if I had a red hot crack,” Austin said.

“I really worked my backside off away from the field and that’s the reason.

“I’ve had my troubles with injuries and a little bit of form coming back from injuries, if this is my worst year of footy it’s going to be an enjoyable year.

“We are one win away from a grand final, we can test ourselves against some of the best players in the world.”

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...n/news-story/191bae0a3d8b133ad019606de1799e7e

What a courageous and excellent player. There's no way in hell that soft-c*ck Milford plays with a broken hand.....let alone scores an excellent solo try to put his team on the road to victory. Milford's flat out trying to do anything of note in the finals while fully fit.

Hmmm I must say I enjoy the flavour of the sour grapes produced in Brisbane's Red Hill region.

Blabla, I hope you and your fellow window-licking Brisbanites enjoy the off-season. Especially Sloppy, THE CHUMP, somebum and of course I Bleed Monthly.

Cherio,
Bob Digi.

meh, I'd still prefer the Milf over the other two

That's nice for you, and you can keep failing with Mr. Rexona in your crap team. "Oh yeah I like the pressure aye..it helps me perform better"....It certainly doesn't look like it Milf ya choker.

LOL @ you losing a 2 year argument, and then tryna palm it off with a "meh I still prefer Milf"....like what you prefer is relevant to the debate.

Milf had a cute lil 3rd of a season while Austin was out injured, but once Austin was back he proved me right. Even with one hand he's better. If Austin has an injury free season next year, it won't even be a comparison.

Face it, you lost.

Snappy

Coach
That's nice for you, and you can keep failing with Mr. Rexona in your crap team. "Oh yeah I like the pressure aye..it helps me perform better"....It certainly doesn't look like it Milf ya choker.

LOL @ you losing a 2 year argument, and then tryna palm it off with a "meh I still prefer Milf"....like what you prefer is relevant to the debate.

Milf had a cute lil 3rd of a season while Austin was out injured, but once Austin was back he proved me right. Even with one hand he's better. If Austin has an injury free season next year, it won't even be a comparison.

Face it, you lost.

Thats a cool story champ.

You think Blake is better so therefore you've proved your point ? yeh nah

Thats a cool story champ.

You think Blake is better so therefore you've proved your point ? yeh nah

Blake proved he's better, and proved my point for me. Did you not see what happened on the weekend during those 2 sudden death finals games? "Rexona Pressure Athlete" Milford choked, and Austin stood up big time with a broken hand. It must have been painful for Milf to watch the opposite no. 6 crash over for the winning try right in front of him.

It's funny how some in here were saying Austin's crap and my opinion is so outlandish, yet when he busted his hand all of a sudden people are admitting he's an X-Factor player and we can't win the comp without him.

Austin's just better. Better player, better human being.

Austin gives a rained on fan a ride to the game. Milford gets pulled over by cops, and then jumps on twitter and says that he's being harassed by the po-po and tells them that "black people can afford flash cars too"....then deletes the tweet like a lil bitch.