What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Blake Lawrie and Mitchell Allgood aren't Nrl material

dragonssamy61

First Grade
Sammy , give the youngsters a bit of advice - from one old front rower to one new front rower.

Gareth
Kerr is on the right track.
He is killing it at training and is quite quick over 10 to 20 meters.
I think he will force his way on to the bench in not to distant future.
Young blocker will take a bit longer.
But Graham has taken him under his wing.
He is doing extras.
I just hope all the kids get the right coaching .
If they do 2019 onwards we will be very competitive for years to come.

Old Timer

Coach
Gareth
He is doing extras.
Exactly my point as to who should have our jewels in their hands so we can realise 5 - 7 great years of being highly competitive and maybe a premiership or 2..
Unfortunately Mc Fookknuckle somehow has the BOD' s jatz crackers in his hands and is squeezing to get his own 7 years and we will feel the pain of it as well.

Gareth67

First Grade
Gareth
He is doing extras.

That's good to hear Sammy . I always thought that Kerr would make his mark and this year or 2019 would be great . Also with Graham giving him a few pointers , that will improve his skills and give him the confidence needed to play in the top grade on a weekly basis .

dragonssamy61

First Grade
That's good to hear Sammy . I always thought that Kerr would make his mark and this year or 2019 would be great . Also with Graham giving him a few pointers , that will improve his skills and give him the confidence needed to play in the top grade on a weekly basis .

Exactly Gareth
Hopefully he will instill that fire in the belly and bit of mungeral that all good prop need.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Jeremy Latimore has had more clubs than Jack Nicklaus. He hits in attack and defence with all the ferocity of a half set blanc mange. Kerr and Ah Mau to come off the bench for bloodnut and the Italian Stallion

BennyV

Referee
Really?

Ahead of Luc, Host and Sele?? Assuming Sims starts at 2nd row and Leeson is the first prop off the bench.
All of those guys are backrowers. If Sims starts, then you need an extra prop on the bench with Ah Mau and I’d say that will be Latimore - having 2 of the 3 you mentioned leaves us with an unbalanced bench and young players being played out of position.

Hence why it’s so important and obvious for Host to start.

Mark D

Juniors
One trial game in...let’s put the hand break on ! Based solely on the Hull game I thought Latimore showed promise and let’s face it he would have scored under the sticks off a cross field kick if Gypsy didn’t nick it... Lawrie to me tried too hard perhaps trying to over impress but he has got promise... Kerr was excellent ran over the advantage line nearly every hit up and plays the ball quick (smokey for the starting 17) ...Allgood don’t know much about the bloke but as mentioned it’s one trial game in ! Can’t wait for Saturday

giboz71

First Grade
Sele was partly responsible for letting in two tries. Hardly impressive. He got himself out of position with what looked like a drop in effort.

Good strong carries however.

Sale wasn’t alone in poor defence. Sims and Host had some misses as well that lad to tries. Sims had 2 dropped balls as well.

No big deal though, think all should be in 17 really.

Como Connection

First Grade
All of those guys are backrowers. If Sims starts, then you need an extra prop on the bench with Ah Mau and I’d say that will be Latimore - having 2 of the 3 you mentioned leaves us with an unbalanced bench and young players being played out of position.

Correct
Hence my Latimore comment.
CC

giboz71

First Grade

I agree.

But if we’re trting to develop the likes of Luc, Host and Sele, that’s hardly gong to happen if we’re giving away their FG minutes to a 30 year old journeyman.

Redhoopz

Juniors
One trial game in...let’s put the hand break on ! Based solely on the Hull game I thought Latimore showed promise and let’s face it he would have scored under the sticks off a cross field kick if Gypsy didn’t nick it... Lawrie to me tried too hard perhaps trying to over impress but he has got promise... Kerr was excellent ran over the advantage line nearly every hit up and plays the ball quick (smokey for the starting 17) ...Allgood don’t know much about the bloke but as mentioned it’s one trial game in ! Can’t wait for Saturday

So many people are quick to right players off....It was a game that meant nothing. Lawrie, Sele and co have showed promise and they're still young, so it's always expected it's going to take time. They're going to make mistakes and have bad games but that's the same with every player in the comp.To say that Lawrie is not FG material based off a handful of games is ridiculous.