What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Brad Clyde vs Sam Burgess - then vs now

RazorRam0n

Juniors
what a f**ked up poll that was lol

ended up being nearly 80% clyde, most lopsided they've done so far.

i'd like to know how R20 manage to rack up 20% of votes by himself.

myrrh ken

First Grade
You're incredulous that two-time clive churchill medallist and all round legend beat an inconsistently good player better known for being a cheap shot merchant?

GongPanther

Referee
You're incredulous that two-time clive churchill medallist and all round legend beat an inconsistently good player better known for being a cheap shot merchant?

Clyde winning the Clive Churchill medal in the 1991 was pure bullshit. There where numerous Penrith players who played a big part in that win which vastly overshadowed Clyde's effort.

Giving it to Clyde was an insult to the Penrith Grand Final win,and an insult to the Clive Churchill Award itself.

Injuries started to cruel him latter in his career, but when on the paddock Brad Clyde was one of the best players on any paddock. Could carry the attack, hit well in defence, and was not afraid to do the hit up work when required or make 30-40 tackles a game. He leaves Burgess for dead by comparison, and unlike Burgess he didn't cut and run to Union either.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Clyde winning the Clive Churchill medal in the 1991 was pure bullshit. There where numerous Penrith players who played a big part in that win which vastly overshadowed Clyde's effort.

Giving it to Clyde was an insult to the Penrith Grand Final win,and an insult to the Clive Churchill Award itself.

I kind of agree but Clyde was pretty good for Canberra in that first half and from what I heard they already picked the winner with about 10 minutes when Penrith just scored to level it up.

As for the "Them Vs Now" I don't mind the comparison however Clyde easily wins that vote and no disrespect to Sam.

Does anyone remember the World Club Challenge between Leeds and Canterbury and there were rumours about Clyde making a come back?

That would've been interesting, Clyde and SBW in the same team.

GongPanther

Referee
I dunno, I reckon Ron Coote or John Raper may have given him a run for his money ;)

Watched Ron Coote play for Souths and later Easts,and he was a beast.Big tall lanky robust player as was Rod Reddy for St George. But I think above them all,Ray Price was the best lock forward I've seen just beating Mal Reilly from Manly.