What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bradford go into administration

roughyedspud

Coach
And thats on them!!

Promoting another team at 4 weeks notice runs the risk of f**king another club up!!

Christ..lol what are you struggling with??

adamkungl

Immortal
And thats on them!!

Promoting another team at 4 weeks notice runs the risk of f**king another club up!!

Christ..lol what are you struggling with??

Like he said, if another club wanted the chance at Championship, if they were given the option, wouldn't that be on them too? Be interesting to see if the top League 1 clubs appreciate the RFL making the decision for them.

It's not as cut and dried as you're making out. You're saying that it's harder to adjust for Championship after preparing a squad for League 1 than it is to build an entire club from scratch a month out.

And the rfl don't expect to finalise this new club till two weeks before.

But don't worry folks. The poms got dis. Why would anyone doubt them?

Evil Homer

Staff member
Like he said, if another club wanted the chance at Championship, if they were given the option, wouldn't that be on them too? Be interesting to see if the top League 1 clubs appreciate the RFL making the decision for them.

It's not as cut and dried as you're making out. You're saying that it's harder to adjust for Championship after preparing a squad for League 1 than it is to build an entire club from scratch a month out.
Yes, it is as cut and dried. It really is. I don't have time to do Promotion and Relegation 101 for Australians who don't understand it, it's mind-numbing to even discuss this, just accept the situation here is the best outcome because the only alternative would be for Bradford to sit out the season altogether and then reform in League 1 in 2018. Promoting a team from League 1 at this stage would never be an option.

adamkungl

Immortal
Ok ,you're right, Australians are dumb, and creating a club from scratch in a few weeks is easier than promoting one. Got it.

Yes, it is as cut and dried. It really is. I don't have time to do Promotion and Relegation 101 for Australians who don't understand it, it's mind-numbing to even discuss this, just accept the situation here is the best outcome because the only alternative would be for Bradford to sit out the season altogether and then reform in League 1 in 2018. Promoting a team from League 1 at this stage would never be an option.
So tell me how come so many of your fellow countrymen also believe exactly the same thing, that a league 1 club should go up and Bradford must go to league 1? They have experienced promotion and relegation and presumably understand it, yet they're saying the same as us poor old stupid Aussies, completely contradicting your assertion that poms intrinsically get this and we don't. How can this be? It must just be another thing that's too hard for us to understand. That's the only explanation. Or maybe all those poms saying the same thing are just pretending to be poms.

Fmd.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Ok ,you're right, Australians are dumb, and creating a club from scratch in a few weeks is easier than promoting one. Got it.
They aren't creating a club from scratch, they have the infrastructure, facilities and will probably retain at least some of the playing staff, enough to at least get through the season with minimal disruption to everyone else which is the main goal at this stage.

I'm not trying to insult Australians but you don't have promotion and relegation in your system, you don't understand how it works. In terms of professional sport it's more complicated than just sticking a team in a certain division and letting them have a crack. I know it seems that simple on the surface but it's really not. If not managed properly it can f**k up a club for years if not decades. Promoting a team with four weeks to go is not an option and never would be. If it was two months ago then maybe.

So no answer as to why heaps of poms also believe the same as us.

When your entire argument is "I'm a Pom and poms understand this so therefore I'm right" it would be a pretty significant problem when poms are actually saying the opposite.

roughyedspud

Coach
Ive not seen many who want a team promoted at 4weeks notice..

If this would have happened 2-3 months ago and bradford retained the championship spot there'd be absolute uproar,from me too..

But you two need to understand the time constraints,at the moment theres only one club up against it,bradford...promoting a league one club now puts them up against it too for little or no reward...they'd have to redo all their business plans,reorganise travel plans,no players to sign to make them competitve at this level..

Ask yourself..at a months notice would you rather have a winning season with a chance of promotion...or a losing season with almost certain relegation....its simply not worth it

Last edited:

roughyedspud

Coach
A quick question though

Say wests went tits up at the end of this month...would anyone suggest newtown jets or north sydney take their place at a months notice?

I know the gap is more extreme than the gap between the championship & league one...but the point is its daft to expect them to be ready in a month

I don't have to ask myself. The ones who should be asked are the league 1 clubs most deserving of the chance. But instead a club that doesn't exist will be given a free ride instead.

Evil Homer

Staff member
I don't have to ask myself. The ones who should be asked are the league 1 clubs most deserving of the chance. But instead a club that doesn't exist will be given a free ride instead.
Why should they? They haven't done anything to earn promotion, they have no more right to be in the league than Bradford, arguably a lot less since at least the original Bradford club which they will be taking over from belonged there. Who would they ask? At least three League 1 clubs could have a legitimate claim, what if they all said yes? It's just a stupid discussion, it falls down at every single level of scrutiny and I'm pretty sure the only reason you seem to be so into this whole thing is because you want to bash the RFL again. I don't care about your "heaps of poms" BTW, whoever they are. Most RL fans in both hemispheres are brainless idiots.

Why should they? They haven't done anything to earn promotion, they have no more right to be in the league than Bradford, arguably a lot less since at least the original Bradford club which they will be taking over from belonged there. Who would they ask? At least three League 1 clubs could have a legitimate claim, what if they all said yes? It's just a stupid discussion, it falls down at every single level of scrutiny and I'm pretty sure the only reason you seem to be so into this whole thing is because you want to bash the RFL again. I don't care about your "heaps of poms" BTW, whoever they are. Most RL fans in both hemispheres are brainless idiots.
Ahahahahaha. So your bullshit about poms knowing all about p and r was just a load of wank. But but but they're idiots now. Yeah we better leave it to the rfl because they're f**king geniuses. How many million have they pissed away on this failed club already? And now they're promoting a club that doesn't exist yet despite their own policy that all clubs have to start in league 1. But now your arguments is they deserve to be there because the defunct club they are replacing was. Hahahaha. Thank f**k they're not leaving decisions up to idiots.

Evil Homer

Staff member
333.gif

Perth Red

Post Whore
They should have promoted the best non promoted league1 side from last season and the new Bradford club, if there is one, started its new life in League1 like the RFL has said any new club has to do. Most of Bradfords players are moving on to other clubs so will have to start a side from pretty much scratch anyway.

I suspect the RFL knows who will be starting the new club up and this is a sweetener to get them on board, otherwise they are taking a big risk that there wont be a Bradford side and the fixtures will be screwed up.

Oh well 4 easy points for us :)

roughyedspud

Coach
don't you want the likes of toulouse and toronto fast tracked to super league??

free ride anyone?

don't you want the likes of toulouse and toronto fast tracked to super league??

free ride anyone?
Shit yeah. But I'm not the one making and breaking my own policies. I wouldn't have a stupid rule about starting in league 1 only to ignore it completely for a heartland club that doesn't even exist, probably because of a massive conflict of interest brought about by buying their ground at a time when I was cutting grassroots finding left right and centre. But then again I'm not as smart as the rfl because I'm just an Aussie after all.

They should have promoted the best non promoted league1 side from last season and the new Bradford club, if there is one, started its new life in League1 like the RFL has said any new club has to do. Most of Bradfords players are moving on to other clubs so will have to start a side from pretty much scratch anyway.

I suspect the RFL knows who will be starting the new club up and this is a sweetener to get them on board, otherwise they are taking a big risk that there wont be a Bradford side and the fixtures will be screwed up.

Oh well 4 easy points for us :)
Congratulations. You are now a bona fide Aussie. The bad news is you no longer understand p and r.

roughyedspud

Coach
Shit yeah. But I'm not the one making and breaking my own policies. I wouldn't have a stupid rule about starting in league 1 only to ignore it completely for a heartland club that doesn't even exist, .

god..how many times do you need telling that its because its too close to the start of the season??

god..how many times do you need telling that its because its too close to the start of the season??
Because that's as bullshit as all the other bullshit reasons and statements you and your mate have made up. The Aussies don't understand p and r one was pretty funny but my personal favourite is this imaginary club deserves to be promoted to the championship automatically because the liquidated club played there. You'd normally have to pay for that kind of comedy routine. Or go directly to the rfl.

How many times do you need to be told that starting a new club a few weeks out is easily more ridiculous than just promoting an existing (key word), very willing club? Particularly when it is actually inkeeping with their policy and doesn't open up a mind boggling precedent that is absolutely certain to come back and bite their stupid arses.

Latest posts