What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos targeting Jason Demetriou

FlameThrower

Bench
....nothing would surprise me anymore....we can't seem to take more than 1 step forward then quickly take 3 steps backwards.
If this comes true, then really our last glimmer of hope for 2017 is gone. Pretty much over this now....

Incompetent definition = not having or showing the necessary skills to do something successfully.
Inept, unskilful, inexpert, amateurish, unprofessional, lacking ability, bungling, blundering, clumsy, unproficient, inadequate, substandard, inferior, ineffective, lacking.

I'm just trying to help Doust and McGregor get through their next press statements :rolleyes:

MattoDragon

Juniors
Again, firstly he's under contract for 2017. Secondly IMO human nature been what it is Doust wants to survive as CEO. To do that next year the dragons have to be successful. Won't happen without JD I think it's fair to say meaning that Doust will move heaven and earth to keep him there. In other words I don't think he will promise him the world and give him an atlas. If I'm wrong then we are rooted.
You are so f@#kin wrong. If McGregor ignored JD last season, what makes you think he's going to listen to him next season? If you looked in the box in just about all games, JD was in the background shaking his head and looking totally frustrated.
McGregor is interested in defense and nothing else. And he couldn't even get that right this year.
Doesn't it seem strange that our 20's and the Cutters were such great attacking sides, yet our NRL side, with many good attacking players, failed to threaten any team in the comp, including the Knights?
McGregor won't listen to JD next year, so he might as well go to the Broncs because his talent is wasted at our club.
Good luck to him. His day will come, but I'm sure it won't be with the Dragons, he's got more sense than that.

'Smells' like part of a bigger picture play.. looks like a 'flush out' ..

The problem with a bigger picture play, is to know who the 'player' is..

I am very suspicious of this mob and and wonder whose agendas are being given the 'saloon passage'.

There is a lot of noise around us at the moment ...

Gareth67

First Grade
The mere fact that it is being broadcast to the media , leaves Mr.Doust and company with no alternative than to ACT NOW and secure Jason Demetriou services long term .

If not the repercussions will be severe enough to rock the Joint Ventures foundations to its very core . This is one individual that we can not afford to lose , both for his obvious skill to coach and also the fact that HE is the very person that we all acknowledge as having the ability of turning the teams fortunes around .

We can only hope that the Board has a rare moment of sanity , and does the correct thing , by J.Demetriou , the team , the fans and the Joint Venture itself .

Dragon Revival

Juniors
If they let Demetriou go they will probably also lose a lot of players. If he thinks that
Hasler or Cleary is coming in 2018 he will probably go as he is seeking an NRL post.
I think that the Broncos may see him as a successor to Bennett which would be the big attraction to him.

OzDragon

Coach
Only our board would be stupid enough to let this happen given our current situation.

I'm somewhat convinced our board consists of actual monkeys wearing 'human' suits.

Drakon

Juniors
Shell shocked here. JD is/was? our great white hope. Until it's official, it's not official. Lets see what happens. Don't go JD, we want you!

Coffs dragon

Bench
Seriously this club is imploding. They will see fit to form another committee to review the performance of the other independent committee assessing our high performance needs.

Ben_Kusto_magic

Juniors
'Smells' like part of a bigger picture play.. looks like a 'flush out' ..

The problem with a bigger picture play, is to know who the 'player' is..

I am very suspicious of this mob and and wonder whose agendas are being given the 'saloon passage'.

There is a lot of noise around us at the moment ...

Are you thinking this could be related to the Des Hasler rumours?

SaintHarry

Juniors
Some article will prob come out about how much the club is in debt and its moving in the right direction need to make sacrifices blah blah blah doust get a futher 4 extention on his contract blah blah they scored 2 tries from kicks...

Dragonslayer

First Grade
I will be pissed if JD leaves but spare me days not 5 minutes ago lots on here were saying "No more rookies it has to be Hasler or Cleary"
How quickly the mood swings in this place.

Realisation is a powerful tool OT.......................you don't realise what you've got until it's gone, or in this case rumoured to be gone.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
If he goes his family won't be going with him.

He moved back to Sydney for them and seems odd less then 12 months later to be moving on again.

Curious yes. Also, with Nona apparently signing (who is a JD disciple) the whole thing seems really out of sync.

Nona would only stay if JD was so it seems very odd.

I know some one who knows JD well and I asked them to suss things out.

As far as I was made aware JD had a great season personally with the Cutters regardless of what Mary said as he took no notice.

Quite a few people in the Illawarra rugby league circle seem to believe Mary will be gone sooner then later.

dragonreddy

Juniors
Decision for JD hmmm....work with one of the greatest coaches ever at a successful well run club or work with a bunch of idiots and coach a NSW CUP side,gee wonder which way he will go.

As far as being contracted,he wouldn't be on a huge amount,so the Dragons could only sue him for that amount ,I'm sure that would be pin money for the Broncos.

Last edited: