What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Broncos V St Helens match thread

miccle

Bench
^^ :lol: pull out the ref defence. Because there is nothing left for most of you bitter little scrooges. The Broncos didn't pull out of the world cup, they are going over there early!! To play more than one game!! With their stars in two!! Including the captain!!

What to whinge about... oh, yeah, they're.... cheats, yes, that's it.

:roll:

I want us to win this game in a big big way. I don't care what anyone thinks of the WCC. They could be playing to win a plastic fork... every time my team is on the field, I want them to win.

We have the personnel and the skill over St Helens. They have more match fitness, and are well and truly adapted to the conditions. Toss a coin - Broncos by 4.

jed

First Grade
The sad thing is though miccle, if the Broncos win, their fans will (rightly) claim that they were the better side on the day, but if they should lose you'll have a chorus of "it's a nothing game, the conditions were favourable to St Helens, we are aiming to win the NRL not the WCC" and a hundred more.

IMO, if Brisbane truely thought this was a "nothing" game, there's no way they would have sent a side of the calibre that's making the trip. At the end of the day there's not much they're playing for aside from bragging rights, and I can't see those guys giving it anything but their all.

As far as who'll win, I think it'll be Brisbane, but I'll be throwing my support behind St Helens

_Johnsy

Referee
I dont care, i am just glad some footy will be on. OMG I cannot believ I am, a bit excited about watching a broncs game. hell has frozen over.

Mr Saab

Referee
jed said:
The sad thing is though miccle, if the Broncos win, their fans will (rightly) claim that they were the better side on the day,

Not me.
I have been against this game since day one. If they win..meh. If they lose...meh...as long as no injuries.
If they do win though then the "Locky" slam will never be matched.

miccle

Bench
That's the thing jed - many Broncos fans WILL be like that.

But I've never been a member of THAT "many" who can carry on a fair bit sometimes, and if we do lose, you will see me on here congratulating the Saints, but also stating that I am disappointed. Quote me on it now - it will happen.

jed

First Grade
Mr Saab said:
Not me.
I have been against this game since day one. If they win..meh. If they lose...meh...as long as no injuries.
If they do win though then the "Locky" slam will never be matched.
I know not you :lol: but this game means a lot to the Superleague fans, and does more for building RL over in the UK than not having it.

But injuries can happen at any time - they can happen at training, riding horses on team-building exercises, playing exhibition games on astroturf, even playing with your pet kitten. It's not only games that can cause injuries, although I'll gladly concede that there's more chance in the heat of battle than the other examples I've given :p

Mr Saab

Referee
jed said:
But injuries can happen at any time - they can happen at training, riding horses on team-building exercises, playing exhibition games on astroturf, even playing with your pet kitten.

Brisbane dont contain a "fire up" gasnier.

_Johnsy

Referee
Funny thing is though saab everytime the ponies came up against gaz and his mates they fell short, not much consolation for 2006 though:roll:

Shorty

Staff member
I hope Broncos kick the Saints....SL needs to realise they're crap compared to the likes of the NRL you'd think Tri-Nations would sort that out but meh.

renouf

Juniors
*Paul* said:
If it is, it'd want to be better than the one-out-a-thon GF snoozefest.

So I'm guessing you missed that display of attacking football against Newcastle, 54 points in less then 60minutes. Or the second half 31-0 Against Canterbury the week before the GF?

Brisbane might of played the GF boring... but when they want to play attacking football they are bloody good.

_Johnsy said:
Funny thing is though saab everytime the ponies came up against gaz and his mates they fell short, not much consolation for 2006 though:roll:

Fell so short they delivered a 6th premiership in 19 years. By the way If your name has anything to do with the inferior Andrew Johns, you really should be ashamed. The guy is a disgrace. Maybe he should model himself to be more like the great one, the legend that is Darren Lockyer.

THE FORMULA OF LIFE: LOCKYER>>>>>JOHNS<<<<<<LANGER [this may require translation for a novacastrian fan: Lockyer is greater than Johns and Johns is inferior to Langer]

PS: Brisbane will win an unprecedented 3rd world club title crown demolising the saints 210-2.

Man of the Match:Lockyer with 23 assists and 5 tries.

AND OH YEAH ON THAT DOPE JOHNS, wow he dominated a couple origins and now hes the greatest, i dont think so. Behind the pack of forwards NSW had in those games, Shane Perry would have dominated.

Got to give credit where credit is due,congradulations to the Broncos for taking a full strength team over to the UK and promoting rugby league.

Mr Saab

Referee
*Paul* said:
If it is, it'd want to be better than the one-out-a-thon GF snoozefest.

Brisbane play GFs to win, not to entertain the crowd.
Defense wins GFs...points allowed in their GFs

1992 : 8 points
1993 : 6 points (all goals)
1997 : 8 points
1998 : 12 points
2000 : 6 points
2006 : 8 points

Ask any league coach in the comp and they will take that defense in GFs every day of the year.

I wouldnt care if they performed 100 one off the ruck hit ups, as long as they won.....thats the main thing.