What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bulldog Will Hopoate will not play rugby league on Sundays for religious reasons

no name

Coach
Don't Mormons donate a % of their earning to the church?
I'm sure the church will be fine with him playing on Sunday's if it effects his earning capacity.

Desert Qlder

First Grade
In Alice Springs there is a club dominated by Mormons. They have won the last seven premierships, though they looked vulnerable last year.

But the competition as a whole has struggled in recent years for player numbers. One other club in particular forfeited a number of games last year. As a solution to the problem it was proposed that games be moved from Saturdays to Sundays to avoid clashes with ozzie rules fixtures. Numerous ozzie rules players would be happy to back up again on Sunday and play some RL, expanding the player pool.

Needless to say the Mormon dominated club put the brakes on that plan pretty quickly. Religion is obviously more important to them than the success of the game.

I despise this attitude personally and it is an insidious cancer in our game.

Danish

Referee
In Alice Springs there is a club dominated by Mormons. They have won the last seven premierships, though they looked vulnerable last year.

But the competition as a whole has struggled in recent years for player numbers. One other club in particular forfeited a number of games last year. As a solution to the problem it was proposed that games be moved from Saturdays to Sundays to avoid clashes with ozzie rules fixtures. Numerous ozzie rules players would be happy to back up again on Sunday and play some RL, expanding the player pool.

Needless to say the Mormon dominated club put the brakes on that plan pretty quickly. Religion is obviously more important to them than the success of the game.

Last I checked it wasn't the religious players in the game bashing women, f**king dogs, or drinking themselves into a stuper

Desert Qlder

First Grade
Last I checked it wasn't the religious players in the game bashing women, f**king dogs, or drinking themselves into a stuper

That has very little to do with my point, given I was talking about more than just the NRL. However, you would be woefully naive to think religious people do no engage in domestic violence. They practically invented it.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Which is ironic, given that he IS living the life he wants to, in accordance with his personal beliefs, and yet people are here bagging him for it.

No he's not, he's living every single part of his life in accordance to what some made up fella says.

And I know this, because now he's considering playing on Sunday. I'm not sure who his god is, but if said god had no policy on behaviour on Sundays, he'd have played last year 100%. So yeah, not living the life he wants to at all. Would he want to play GFs? Sure. Those are on Sundays. So again. nah. Also, made up fella said he had to take 2 years off to spread the word. If made up fella ran his own marketing campaign, Hoppa would have chosen to play those years.

papabear

Juniors

LOL you are knocking a bunch of people who have supported rugby league and by the sounds of it carried it in your region.

The only problem is the concession that league should play second fiddle to AFL to succeed.

Pommy

Coach
That has very little to do with my point, given I was talking about more than just the NRL. However, you would be woefully naive to think religious people do no engage in domestic violence. They practically invented it.

If it wasn't for a religion it's almost certain no bloke would have thought I'm sick of this woman's shit and given her a hiding.
We can almost certainly blame the baby Jesus.

Danish

Referee

I'd bet a million dollars that the Mormon team in Darwin that you think is such a disgrace would have a much better record than the other squads in the comp on getting on the piss and making dickheads of themselves too.

If I had to pick between a comp full of Mormons or a comp full of good Ol' league boys I'll take the churchies thanks. And this is coming from an atheist

betcats

Referee
I swear some atheist are just as, if not more fanantical about there beliefs(or lack of them) as the most hardcore religious nuts from any sect. Ive never been abused by a religious person for telling them I don't believe in there god but ive copped it from many smug f**kwits when I've told them i'm not an atheist.

POPEYE

Coach
I swear some atheist are just as, if not more fanantical about there beliefs(or lack of them) as the most hardcore religious nuts from any sect. Ive never been abused by a religious person for telling them I don't believe in there god but ive copped it from many smug f**kwits when I've told them i'm not an atheist.
That's where you're going wrong, atheists don't have beliefs just opinions . . . we don't find the need