What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Burger Bird

Crush

Coach
I have nothing against Taane Milne but he was released from Roosters with them stating he had a questionable work ethic then he couldn't secure a regular starting spot with Dragons, then when he went to Tigers he didn't get selected as an NRL player before being sacked. Maybe just maybe the Dragons saw something that those on the forum didnt see (because they arent there) and that he deserved to be in reserve grade. BUT NOOOO, everyone was destroying Mary and co for not selecting Milne week in week out saying that we might lose this superstar!!!!! Quick! sign him for life! We might lose him!
Well guess what? He never was and never will be.....

giboz71

First Grade
Bird was not after big dollars, just an indication he would be considered for first grade. Given the players he had in front of him, and given the confidence he had in himself at the time, it is completely understandable to ask such a thing.

Just imagine if we had Widdop and Bird instead of Widdop and Marshall or Widdop and McCrone in the halves in 2016 and 2017. Of course I prefer to have Hunt over Bird but would rather Bird to Lafai or Bird on the bench for the lock rotation. I have no doubt our squad would be stronger if we singed Bird long term in 2018.

That’s exactly what I mean.

It’s been 3 years since he left and we could have signed him in 2015 to what would have effectively been a rookie deal. Would have been great value given his output.

Yes he would have commanded big $$ eventually so doubtful he would have stayed but we could have got plenty from him compared to the nuffies that ended up playing in our backline the last 3 years.

ALSGI

Bench
That’s exactly what I mean.

It’s been 3 years since he left and we could have signed him in 2015 to what would have effectively been a rookie deal. Would have been great value given his output.

Yes he would have commanded big $$ eventually so doubtful he would have stayed but we could have got plenty from him compared to the nuffies that ended up playing in our backline the last 3 years.
Hindsight’s a wonderful thing, he was lucky enough to join a hot Sharks team and complimented their roster beautifully, not so sure he would have excelled in our FG team over the last 2 years or make SOO whilst playing for us. Who knows.

Took the money on offer at Broncos.

Looks completely disinterested to me.

Unsure why. Perhaps Uncle Wayne isn't pandering to him like Flanno did at Cronulla.

ouryears

Bench
Took the money on offer at Broncos.

Looks completely disinterested to me.

Unsure why. Perhaps Uncle Wayne isn't pandering to him like Flanno did at Cronulla.
I think when you are born and bred in Sydney, moving to QLD and living amongst the red neck and mainly white Australian policy they have up there would make anyone lose their mojo

One of the worst place on Earth, if not the universe. Dueling banjos is still on their top 10 playlist

Reddragon

Bench
I think when you are born and bred in Sydney, moving to QLD and living amongst the red neck and mainly white Australian policy they have up there would make anyone lose their mojo

One of the worst place on Earth, if not the universe. Dueling banjos is still on their top 10 playlist

Also has one of the biggest Dragons supporter bases.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Bird is not playing anywhere near the standard that the Broncos have paid for and expect of him. We foolishly let him go but you cannot always make the right decisions. Thankfully our recruiting for 2018 has been the best in the NRL.