What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Konnie

WithTheDawn

Juniors
If he can't get picked ahead of either Allwood or Ashford then he isn't likely to be around for long. Writing appears to be on the wall with Konnie's future at the club for sure now.

Blair

Coach
If he can't get picked ahead of either Allwood or Ashford then he isn't likely to be around for long. Writing appears to be on the wall with Konnie's future at the club for sure now.

Yep, I've held out with false hope for a reprieve but I've accepted his inevitable departure now.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Why hope? Wouldn't we be hearing things from the NSW Cup side if he'd bothered to bar up and show his strong off-season was actually building to something tangible? For those who have been watching him play down there, he's been average at best right?

If Kon had been any good or gave a shit in NSW Cup he'd be playing this weekend. He hasn't, so he isn't. So I couldn't care less that he's going to end up somewhere else.

sup42

Juniors
Why hope? Wouldn't we be hearing things from the NSW Cup side if he'd bothered to bar up and show his strong off-season was actually building to something tangible? For those who have been watching him play down there, he's been average at best right?

If Kon had been any good or gave a shit in NSW Cup he'd be playing this weekend. He hasn't, so he isn't. So I couldn't care less that he's going to end up somewhere else.
Dam right.
Even Kongrads harshest critics would have expected he would steam roll it in the NSW cup.

He is after all a prototype attacking Warrior potential superstar...who shone versus the Titans and the Raiders.

Carved his name in those spoon level club sides.

Cant get one over a NSW cup side without the threat of Johnson or Tomkins to buy him space and time.

He is a Myth.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
In the couple of NSW Cup games I have seen he looks really good - but then so does Allwood to be fair. I'm surprised we haven't just released him at this point, he must be keen to go.

WithTheDawn

Juniors
Official now...disappointed as I wish we could have had him play to his potential and stay, by the writing was on the wall with this for awhile.

Anyone heard where he is going?

Rich102

Staff member
NEWS HIGHLIGHTS

Vodafone Warriors release Hurrell
The Vodafone Warriors have confirmed centre Konrad Hurrell has today been released from his contract.

The 24-year-old Hurrell, who was contracted to the end of the 2018 season, leaves the club after making 71 NRL appearances since his debut in 2012.

“After discussions between Konrad, his management (Inventus Sports) and us we’ve reached a mutual agreement for him to be released now,” said Vodafone Warriors managing director Jim Doyle.

“We would like to thank Konrad for his contribution since coming into our development system. He has been a popular member of the club and we wish him all the best for the future.”

Hurrell said he had mixed emotions at first about leaving the Vodafone Warriors but was now excited as he looked forward to the rest of his career.

“I will always be thankful to the Vodafone Warriors for all they have done for me and the way they have helped me develop as a rugby league player,” he said.

“I’m grateful to all the boys I have played alongside, all the people at the club and also the members and fans.”

Hurrell made three NRL appearances this year, the last of them against Manly on April 3.

Vodafone newsletter.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I can see Konnie being another Inu. Lights it up for 6 months while he has something to prove, but the old habits creep back into him as he gets comfortable and we know where that's headed.

I'm sure he'll get game time within a fortnight with the Titans. He'll have something to prove, but has games against the Eels (with Semi), Raiders and will get exposed. On his side, they dont play the big 3 until round 26 against the Cows.

Titans have a dream run home warriors (x2), knights, sharks.

vvvrulz

Coach
Bittersweet, can't help but think we wasted his talent despite him being a total muppet off the field.

Very curious to see how he goes in a new setup.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Happy with it

Always had to go after that re-tweet

It's shame as he did show great promise
I hope he can re-capture the form we all know he is capable of, just not against us!

Best a luck Konrad

JJ

Immortal
Meh... no loss IMO

Titans are doing well playing with spirit and grinding - is he up to that??

McGuire would be interesting - that would be a challenge for the playing group (or at least a significant proportion of them)