What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Konnie

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
McFadden next, NRL Lurker says McGuire to Auckland and Ivan to Souths. Rings true

While I wouldn't complain, the Lurker is about as accurate as Stevie Wonder in an archery contest.

Also, Cleary an ex-Warriors coach going to Souths to replace the current Souths coach who is going to the Warriors is such a Lurker thing to say. He loves creating these roundabout rumours to get multiple fan bases talking with limited effort, but much like the fabled player swaps it only happens once out of 100 times.

TheDMC

Bench
Thankfully its finally done. Konrad you blew it here big time. My favourite player for about 6 months. Hope he does go to the GC and reinvent himself as a pro as great to watch when fit and firing.

What next warrior myths? My interest in supporting this club has waned - self induced coma that I won't come out of until results on the field change (or the Wellington Orcas join the NRL).

f**k you warriors I want a decent team to support. Not peaheart dumb azzes that are horribly coached and in a poorly run club.

This from Konni's Facebook:

"It has been an amazing journey here at this amazing club the @nzwarriors pretty sad that I won't be here anymore but looking forward on my new journey! Can't explain how much grateful I am to be apart of this club and just wanna thank the club @nzwarriors for the opportunity and for everything. Going to miss the brothers that I go to war with every week. Heads high brothers stay together and move forward. Just want to apologise both to the club and to my brothers on some unprofessional behaviour that I've let everyone down and that I am not proud of but learnt lesson from it! To all the members and the fans much love to you all and apologise for letting you guys down keep the faith on the brothers cause they will get there!! Much love to all the coaches,staffs for all your help through out my time here and to the man himself @sirmadbutcher for your all your help for me and my family thank you butch. And to my crew the @inventus thanks for making everything a lil bit easier for me ‪#‎Ouuua‬"

I can see Konnie being another Inu. Lights it up for 6 months while he has something to prove, but the old habits creep back into him as he gets comfortable and we know where that's headed.

to true bro and we all use to call for him
to be in first grade as well.
familiar pattern emerging

be interesting how the club manages this. doyle has said numerous times they will not release players unless they get something in return. hurrell was released not sacked

spear tackle

Juniors
be interesting how the club manages this. doyle has said numerous times they will not release players unless they get something in return. hurrell was released not sacked

Maybe a bit of freed up cap in return? and not dreading to look at the front page of the daily papers so much anymore.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
This is a blessing for Konnie if he believes that. Hopefully they swap him for another player from whatever club he goes to. He will be back in the NRL if he goes to another club, from there I think he will mount a resurgence in form. Konnie will be fine the sooner he starts moving along.

Juju

Juniors
Hilarious inside info… The Storm lol.

Remember him running 25 meters side ways in u20s - on his day such a exciting prospect.

Seems like a genuinely nice person despite his indiscretions (visiting starship off his own bat etc), so a really shame it has ended this way imo.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It probably is a shame that Konrad never had a decent coach at the Warriors.

But I'm not sad to see him go and I don't think he's going to make it big at another club. Just doesn't strike me as someone who will grow up.

Pretty laughable post on social media, too.

Latest posts