What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bye Bye Konnie

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Kata, Fus and Tui have as many diamonds and less rocks though. And Ayshford is a great steadying influence.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Just heard Hoff on the radio saying apparently Koni won't play next week against us, terms of his transfer agreement.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Understandable I guess that they don't want him playing against them, but tbh I find it extremely gutless as well

If you think he is only a reserve grade standard player then he isn't a guy you should be scared of playing against if you're a decent coach

Blair

Coach
Understandable I guess that they don't want him playing against them, but tbh I find it extremely gutless as well

If you think he is only a reserve grade standard player then he isn't a guy you should be scared of playing against if you're a decent coach

We're no doubt more concerned that he'll fire up more because it's us. If we could don the maroon and white for a 'Side Everyone Hates Round', and get Konnie thinking he's playing Manly, then we'd probably let him play.

Rich102

Staff member

Totally agree.
Plus what signal does it give our players?
We are worried playing against him because he is better than you are?

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
It'll be this game as well, why wouldn't you do that bit of business when someone wants an asset of yours and isn't really giving you anything in return? I'm not sure whether we're still picking up the tab or whether the Titans are, but it makes complete sense to say you want him, he's not playing v us.

I don't think it says anything about us or says anything to our players. It's just business. That's what the NRL is. In theory, if they're not allowed to pick him they have to pick someone else inferior.

JJ

Immortal
Yep, all the stories have, this is the first I've heard that he couldn't play this game - it was always the first one that was clearly excluded

Reporters are useless though, so we'll know tomorrow

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
As I said before all I'm going on is Hoff and the MMM crews comments during an interview. Could be wrong.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Having another blinder tonight

In 5 years time he could potentially be looked at as the biggest fail of the McFadden era imo, never in doubt he would be a star

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
We're not going to pay him to play against us, I really don't think there's anything more to it than that and fair enough too.

I don't think it says anything to or about the club/players/anyone else.
From what Ive heard from the Titans, he's playing this week. Also its a very unusual circumstance to my knowledge, I cant recall another player having that.

Do you know anyone else to not be allowed to play against one particular team?

If he does take the field this Sunday, then your source is obviously bogus but then again he might get replaced with the Hayne plane.