What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Can't believe it's happening yet again

st penguin

Juniors
Constantly only losing by close margins is more concerning than losing by large ones with a team like ours. We are clearly struggling, the forwards are hitting the ball up like pussies and Priddis f**king sucks. The close loses are not helping it glosses over our problems and they all come from when the ball is in hand. We have no go forward which negates our outside backs. Bennett is really f**king up again he puts way to much emphasis on the begging of the season, he did this throughout the last decade with the Bronco's, only to die in the ass when it all matters, which with our past is the absolute WRONG way to have us playing. I hope he has some plan for this season but I remember saying that last year and looked what happened. I hope Weyman and Fien can come back and lift us out of this slump and we can reinvigorate our attack and attack like we did in the last 10 mins or so!

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Constantly only losing by close margins is more concerning than losing by large ones with a team like ours. We are clearly struggling, the forwards are hitting the ball up like pussies and Priddis f**king sucks. The close loses are not helping it glosses over our problems and they all come from when the ball is in hand. We have no go forward which negates our outside backs. Bennett is really f**king up again he puts way to much emphasis on the begging of the season, he did this throughout the last decade with the Bronco's, only to die in the ass when it all matters, which with our past is the absolute WRONG way to have us playing. I hope he has some plan for this season but I remember saying that last year and looked what happened. I hope Weyman and Fien can come back and lift us out of this slump and we can reinvigorate our attack and attack like we did in the last 10 mins or so!
bLBMJs6_JX9u4RwIVRBWrCtGFjdKkkEdtegDH1YHsLz93-6fM_1dKPPGElRJA6mIcZ_9nea_BPvSPa5FmYIAMKQo6o0Ut_l6WyxZSqk=w320-h173-nc

st penguin

Juniors
Oh sh!t!

Sorry!

Accidentally copied this post from Rd 21 in 2010.

Nothing to do with this season of course. I mean back then we had just lost two games in a row. (of course we only started playing in the last 10 minutes! typical! That coach was rubbish - glad he's gone.

getsmarty

Immortal
Oh sh!t!

Sorry!

Accidentally copied this post from Rd 21 in 2010.

Nothing to do with this season of course. I mean back then we had just lost two games in a row. (of course we only started playing in the last 10 minutes! typical! That coach was rubbish - glad he's gone.

Bennett = Mary... I think not...

ozbuck

Juniors
Bennett won us a Minor Premiership/Premiership/World club challenge....over to you Mary.

Even with all those achievements, he couldnt even do what you demand from Mary. Best coach ever cant do it, why be pissed if mary cant do it. No available coach to take his place doesnt have the credentials to do it either.

But tell me something...Yesterday, the last 10 mins we started playing football again, it was a 10x improvement from the previous 70mins. ....How did that happen?

getsmarty

Immortal
Even with all those achievements, he couldnt even do what you demand from Mary. Best coach ever cant do it, why be pissed if mary cant do it. No available coach to take his place doesnt have the credentials to do it either.

But tell me something...Yesterday, the last 10 mins we started playing football again, it was a 10x improvement from the previous 70mins. ....How did that happen?

Tell me something...are you happy with the use of the Bench...Are you happy with the way under-performing players retain their starting spot....these have been constants over the last 4 years...

That being said if you told me after 18 rounds we would be on 26 points would you be happy the answer would be a resounding YES.

That's not the issue.....the issue is can we win a comp with the current coach....the jury is still out on that one.

Let's see if we can bounce back next week.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Tell me something...are you happy with the use of the Bench...Are you happy with the way under-performing players retain their starting spot....these have been constants over the last 4 years...
I think the bench is working well, I like Merrin’s impact and think the kid will be a future origin & kangaroo rep.

Prior i’m not sold on, can’t see him ever being a premiership winner..

I wouldn’t really say anyone is underperforming in the starting lineup, maybe switch saffy for costigan?

ozbuck

Juniors

That being said if you told me after 18 rounds we would be on 26 points would you be happy the answer would be a resounding YES.

That's not the issue.....the issue is can we win a comp with the current coach....the jury is still out on that one.

Let's see if we can bounce back next week.

The times were we only used 3 players from the bench has been stupid. Its been quite a while since that has happened this year I believe.

Which under-performing players are you talking about?

So please tell me, yesterday the last 10 mins we started playing football again, it was a 10x improvement from the previous 70mins. ....How did that happen?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
So please tell me, yesterday the last 10 mins we started playing football again, it was a 10x improvement from the previous 70mins. ....How did that happen?
The Merrin impact. I like what Bennett is doing with him, but I can’t see playing him in the last 10 minutes working in a grand final.

st penguin

Juniors
I think the bench is working well, I like Merrin’s impact and think the kid will be a future origin & kangaroo rep.

Prior i’m not sold on, can’t see him ever being a premiership winner..

I wouldn’t really say anyone is underperforming in the starting lineup, maybe switch saffy for costigan?

Go easy on that Prior kid. I can see him playing an origin game in 8 eight years time.

Why couldnt Bennett get the boys realigned and re-energised in 2011?

All responsibility starts and ends with the coach right
Jesus really?
That's the worst analogy for what's been happening for the last 4 years I've ever heard.

2010 Wayne Bennett took a bunch of, let's be honest here, rather ordinary footballers and got them to do the simple things right. Gave each player in individual job to do and they all did that thing well.
They over achieved and won the title.

The next year, due to some truely incompetent management in giving him a 3 year contract instead of the 5 he wanted, he had to sort his future carrer out halfway through 2011.
The first half of 2011 we looked again unbeatable.
Then Bennett, as a big FU to Doust for not giving him his original 5 years term, and a bag load of scammed cash from Tinkler, decides he's going to Newcastle.
The combination of a lot of ageing legs, many of whom retired after 2011, and the doubt over their playing futures, who would Bennett take and who he wouldn't, the wheels fell off.

To compare all this with what McGreagor has under achieved in the 4 years in charge is ridiculous.

ozbuck

Juniors
Jesus really?
That's the worst analogy for what's been happening for the last 4 years I've ever heard.

2010 Wayne Bennett took a bunch of, let's be honest here, rather ordinary footballers and got them to do the simple things right. Gave each player in individual job to do and they all did that thing well.
They over achieved and won the title.

The next year, due to some truely incompetent management in giving him a 3 year contract instead of the 5 he wanted, he had to sort his future carrer out halfway through 2011.
The first half of 2011 we looked again unbeatable.
Then Bennett, as a big FU to Doust for not giving him his original 5 years term, and a bag load of scammed cash from Tinkler, decides he's going to Newcastle.
The combination of a lot of ageing legs, many of whom retired after 2011, and the doubt over their playing futures, who would Bennett take and who he wouldn't, the wheels fell off.

To compare all this with what McGreagor has under achieved in the 4 years in charge is ridiculous.

I exaggerated to make it ridiculous. My point is it WASNT all about bennett. And its not all about MARY.

The last 10mins yesterday the boys ATTITUDE changed. Mary didnt do it! and Mary didn't make them play 60% of the intensity they did earlier in the season too. The players themselves shifted in the last 10mins... they finally stood up to their end of the bargain. They switched their attitude when they were the most exhausted all game...thats quite something to say right there.

The players need to figure out WHY they lifted in the last 10. What where they playing for in the last 10 that they werent in the first 70? Thats the question they need to sit down and ask themselves. Or alternatively, what were they playing for in the first 10 weeks that they weren't in the first 70mins yesterday?

I exaggerated to make it ridiculous. My point is it WASNT all about bennett. And its not all about MARY.

The last 10mins yesterday the boys ATTITUDE changed. Mary didnt do it! and Mary didn't make them play 60% of the intensity they did earlier in the season too. The players themselves shifted in the last 10mins... they finally stood up to their end of the bargain. They switched their attitude when they were the most exhausted all game...thats quite something to say right there.

The players need to figure out WHY they lifted in the last 10. What where they playing for in the last 10 that they werent in the first 70? Thats the question they need to sit down and ask themselves. Or alternatively, what were they playing for in the first 10 weeks that they weren't in the first 70mins yesterday?

But again, I respectfully bring that back to Mary.
Luciano made a huge difference in the last ten minuites, really added some spark.
What game was Mary watching that he couldn't see we needed that spark in the first 70 minutes?
Why wait to make the needed change until the game is all but over.

Some player really do need to take a good hard look at themselves.
But once again we are at the point where they don't really need to because they can be sure Mary will do his usual cut and paste team selection and your position in first grade is assured.

As per the last few years certain players could really benefit from the rocket of an enforced stint in ISP, nut it never happens and we dish up the same mediocrity week after week.