What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Confirmed Signings

Nice Beaver

First Grade
Corey Oates 1 year extension and Josh McGuire 4 years with Brisbane

Aura's totally gone

Would any other club take McGuire?

My understanding of things is he is widely regarded in the player ranks as an A grade f*ckwit.

I think we are about to see on the Gold Coast what happens with dickheads in team sports.....

Vic Mackey

Referee
DT have reported the Storm have beat six clubs to sign WTs NYC fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen. Disappointed to lose him but I guess he didn't see a future with Teddy infront him. Having watched them both at the same age honestly Paps looks better, I have my doubts if he'll fill out as well as Teddy has though.

Clifferd

Coach
DT have reported the Storm have beat six clubs to sign WTs NYC fullback Ryan Papenhuyzen. Disappointed to lose him but I guess he didn't see a future with Teddy infront him. Having watched them both at the same age honestly Paps looks better, I have my doubts if he'll fill out as well as Teddy has though.

When a team like storm notice you as a fullback talent, you're something special.

Preparing for life after billy I suppose

Shame to see him go like you said but he would've never got a gig infront of Tedesco

Vic Mackey

Referee
When a team like storm notice you as a fullback talent, you're something special.

Preparing for life after billy I suppose

Shame to see him go like you said but he would've never got a gig infront of Tedesco

Yeah definetly mate. He plays very similar to Tedesco, maybe slightly more of a traditional fullback. Teddy played a bit in the halves and wing coming through the grades whereas I couldn't see Paps playing anywhere else. If he was the older one you could turn Teddy into another position but I just can't see that happening with Paps.

Clifferd

Coach
Yeah definetly mate. He plays very similar to Tedesco, maybe slightly more of a traditional fullback. Teddy played a bit in the halves and wing coming through the grades whereas I couldn't see Paps playing anywhere else. If he was the older one you could turn Teddy into another position but I just can't see that happening with Paps.

Another positive I suppose is this could mean the re-signing of Teddy coming up pretty soon with paps, our only suitable replacement leaving

Spot On

Coach
Would any other club take McGuire?

My understanding of things is he is widely regarded in the player ranks as an A grade f*ckwit.

I think we are about to see on the Gold Coast what happens with dickheads in team sports.....

No one else prepared to have a rat in the ranks.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
From what I've heard McGuire is that sort of asshole that will wind people up just to get responses out of them when he is bored just for the fun of it. Most of the time goes past just pranking his mates

AJB1102

First Grade
Well an upstanding citizen like the honorable Paul Gallen wouldn't drop a forearm into the face of a bloke who didn't deserve it. Therefore McGuire must be a merkin.

As myrrken posted, Dale Copley has been released by the Roosters (source - http://www.roosters.com.au/news/2017/03/15/dale_copley_granted_.html) and has signed a 2 year deal with the Gold Coast Titans (source - http://www.titans.com.au/news/2017/03/15/copley_agrees_to_joi.html).

myrrh ken, this deal has been rumoured in the press as a possibility for the last 2 months or so. The fact that Joseph Manu was named to replace Ferguson in the centres yesterday should say how far Copley had fallen out of Trent Robinson's plans.