What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

David Klemmer

Who do you actually support other then yourself.

You are a troll and not a very good one.

I support the Dragons but I want them to reach their full potential as a professionally run organisation. Once that is in place, the rest, including consistent on field performances, recruitment, right game wrong venue, accountability and transparency, will fall into place.

As it stands, incompetence and cronyism reign supreme. Extension of McDickhead is case in point. A few bright patches are just that. Unfortunately, there's no framework for success. But I see you're very easy to please. Doust loves supporters like you. So does Mary.

Straight Shooter

Last edited:

possm

Coach
All for bringing good or international players to the club . But I would imagine the problem with Klemmer will be his asking price . We let Packer go because we wouldn't match the 4 years or money offered . So what do you think Klemmer will be asking ? ..800k per year? . If we were not willing to pay Packer that why would we then pay something around that to Klemmer ?. A front rower like Paasi who is around the same age and you would get for less than half what Klemmer will be asking may be far better value .
If the rumour is true, Klemmer would be a great buy. Millward's offer will take into consideration our cap situation and Klemmer's asking price. I am sure we will have the cap so it is just a matter of how much Millward wants this player.

I find you a tiresome bore who likes to try and seff promote their own opinions on others like they don't know or have an idea how a rugby league club is run.

You like to throw alot of big words to try and make you seem more intelligent must be so easy to bring up google.

Did i say I was pleased no i didn't yet you try and analyse like you are a physcologist.

Also fyi i find it rather stupid a grown man has to use a catch phrase like straight shooter on every post its the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen.

Gm5

Juniors
I don't know about klemmer tbh, he adds mongrel and is a great forward but his hot head and ability to give away penalties is a worry

Old Timer

Coach
How the f**k do you think Klemmer got so good?
He got a run at an early age and they kept on giving him his chance to succeed.
We refuse to do it and keep looking to go outside and bring them in.
Great incentive to stay at StGI when you are 22 and looking to get a run and we bring in a 24 year old who has been playing 1st grade for 4 years and already made it to the highest level of rep football.
Shortly we will be a club that doesn't need juniors just deep pockets.
If you don't provide real incentive you will lose the foundations of your club.
Looks like Kerr is already heading down the Dufty road of being the forgotten man.

GC Dragon

Juniors
If the rumour is true, Klemmer would be a great buy. Millward's offer will take into consideration our cap situation and Klemmer's asking price. I am sure we will have the cap so it is just a matter of how much Millward wants this player.
I have no doubt that we could find the money for Klemmer if needed . But the fact we let Packer go would suggest Millward has a figure in mind for a front rower that we wont go over . If we was willing to just throw anything at one I would have preferred we paid overs to keep Packer than sign Klemmer .

Old Timer

Coach
Great incentive to stay at StGI when you are 22 and looking to get a run and we bring in a 24 year old who has been playing 1st grade for 4 years and already made it to the highest level of rep football.
Looks like Kerr is already heading down the Dufty road of being the forgotten man.

saintm

Juniors
Agree 100%

Gareth67

First Grade
Your right Life's Good , the man needs a change of club , I believe that it would work wonders for him . Whether or not anything eventuates from the story which is now doing the rounds , is another matter .

Personally , he would be the ideal replacement for big Russ - as said by many others , if we are to continue in the same vein next season the club must find a suitable replacement for him . That is not to say that we deny our younger players their chance , but to have that one prime forward that is essential to all packs in the competition .

Did i say I was pleased no

Also fyi i find it rather stupid a grown man has to use a catch phrase like straight shooter on every post its the most ridiculous thing i have ever seen.

1. So why did you criticise my insightful posts?

2. Courtesy of McDickhead himself.

OV

Weipa Dragon

Juniors
Those watching the Illawarra team, are any of lawrie or Kerr up for a front row bench role next year. Kerr sounds promising according to the reports by some in here. Do they have the size and manpower?

GC Dragon

Juniors
Those watching the Illawarra team, are any of lawrie or Kerr up for a front row bench role next year. Kerr sounds promising according to the reports by some in here. Do they have the size and manpower?
Haven't watched the Cutters for a while just listened to them on the radio . But watched Laurie play for Aust and NSW in the under 20's and he was very good in both . I know he has been one of the Cutters best forwards all season and has been in the 21 for first grade a few times . I have no doubt after a season with the Cutters and another big pre season he will be ready for first grade next year much like Sele is now . He is plenty big and tough

Kerr is huge around 120kgs now and over 6ft 6 . When I watched him earlier in the season my concern was he seemed a touch slow and cumbersome . But he seems to be really playing well now and scores plenty of tries for a front rower . Again a full season with the Cutters and a good pre season should see him ready as well .

Dragsters

First Grade
Haven't watched the Cutters for a while just listened to them on the radio . But watched Laurie play for Aust and NSW in the under 20's and he was very good in both . I know he has been one of the Cutters best forwards all season and has been in the 21 for first grade a few times . I have no doubt after a season with the Cutters and another big pre season he will be ready for first grade next year much like Sele is now . He is plenty big and tough

Kerr is huge around 120kgs now and over 6ft 6 . When I watched him earlier in the season my concern was he seemed a touch slow and cumbersome . But he seems to be really playing well now and scores plenty of tries for a front rower . Again a full season with the Cutters and a good pre season should see him ready as well .

I too haven't seen a lot of Lawrie but what I have I liked. Goes hard.

I agree re Kerr as well. The times I have seen him play he did look cumbersome and his lateral movement in defense was a real concern.

Good news if he is improving as I haven't seen him play for a while.

Huge man and very imposing with ball in hand.

He would add significant size to the bench next season if he continues to improve.

Latest posts