What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Do you want Andrew Voss back

Do you want Andrew Voss back

• Yes

Votes: 426 83.5%
  • No

Votes: 84 16.5%

• Total voters

Tipster

Bench
Can someone fill me in on why Voss is suing Hadley? Was it really because he called him a grub about Rabs' statue? :S

Mr Twig

i cant stand him just like i cant stand the commentator michael cole in the wwe

sorry vossy

I agree but Michael Cole is an act,. He is supposed to be an annoying douche. That's his gimmick. The real person (Sean Coulthard) is probably a normal decent guy.

Andrew Voss is real.

El Diablo

Post Whore
This will be interesting ...

from Adrian Proszenko in the SMH

Two of the Nine Network's biggest league personalities, Ray Hadley and Andrew Voss, are scheduled to face off in court next week. In a bitter dispute that could have ramifications for his future at the station, Voss is suing Hadley for defamation over comments made surrounding the unveiling of the Ray Warren statue in Junee last year. Stuart Littlemore QC will represent Voss in a case scheduled to begin on Monday. Voss has barely been seen on our screens this year. Insiders have suggested his decision to litigate is partly behind his demotion to Queensland Cup duty. Nine may have won the broadcast rights for the NRL but the legal stoush has clouded Voss's future at the network. However, he is holding out hope of extending his stay for a 19th year at the network and beyond. ''I've got no reason to think otherwise at this point,'' Voss said yesterday. ''A contract was mentioned a few months ago but that was before we even knew where the rights went. Since the rights have been awarded our sports boss has been overseas.'' The prospect of the pair being cross-examined in the witness box is sure to be create plenty of media interest.

Triple M NRL ‏@TripleM_NRL
Sunday Telegraph: Ray Hadley and Andrew Voss settle out of court for 'six-figure sum' following Voss' defamation suit #nrl
https://twitter.com/TripleM_NRL/status/244391076008443905

hellteam

First Grade
Ray must be loaded...

I can't believe Hadley is still commentating on 9 by the way.

Pretty funny that the Qld cup commentry team (Voss, Ikin, Psaltis) is better than the NRL team (Hadley, Fatty, Lewis, Lockyer)

typicalfan

Coach
My favourite was at about 30 minutes into the first half and I forget if Wally or Fatty says it but they say the Cowboys were on top for the last 5 minutes or so. I mean really? REALLY?

retch

Juniors
XpFJB.png

Yoda

Juniors
If Ray Warren was to get laryngitis Grand Final Day, who do you think Nein would have commentate the main game? It could be a bigger GF disaster than the Optus TV or Billy Idol if Hadley were to get the gig.

Darren Britt

Juniors
If Ray Warren was to get laryngitis Grand Final Day, who do you think Nein would have commentate the main game? It could be a bigger GF disaster than the Optus TV or Billy Idol if Hadley were to get the gig.

I actually think they will. Head of sport at Channel 9 (Crawely?) has already deemed Hadley the second best commentator publicly.

BDR

First Grade
While I want to make it clear that I prefer Vossy and think he is the clear number 2 commentator in the game, Hadley has improved a lot calling play-by-play. What pisses me off is when he goes on little tangents about stupid shit, especially while there is play going on. Rabs has the same fault but he has the awareness to cut it short when it starts to get too out of hand.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Only think I'll agree with ED about. With the budget they have I can't believe they can't find someone better.

And they f**ken have someone on the books who is vastly better but they refuse to use him.

Hadleys voice is just so bloody grating.

Bretto

Bench
Put Ray Hadley and Tim Tam Gilbert into a dual carriage Luge and catapult that f**ker into the sun.