What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dodged a bullit

ouryears

Bench
Its not just that though although they are very stark in comparison.
Dumb shit penalties creeping back in.
Loose carries and then players (Nighty several times) claiming a strip
Play the ball penalties, Frizz in particular.
Loose around the ruck affording easy metres to the opposition.
Turning our back after penalties then mayhem when the opposition take a quick tap.
JDB starting to be a ball player again which is not his go just f**king run Jack and pass after you bust the line.
Not securing the ball from opposition kick offs.
Letting the ball bounce far too often.
In the 1st few weeks this was not happening but it is becoming more obvious week by week and to me indicates fatigue and is very similar occurrence to previous years.
Maybe we are that bit fitter this year and it might take a few more rounds for it to become even more apparent but they are all momentum killers.
So all the other teams don't have poor games hmmmm?

Storm, rorters, cowgirls, tigers.... who hasn't had several poor games.

They are human.

That's life.

But we...yes we....have had less poor games.

Glass half full.

ouryears

Bench
What a jerk off post you put together.
No one is crying merely stating the obvious.
So you were happy with not playing to he whistle and gifting them 2 tries almost unopposed?
Not sure how long you have been watching them but for sure I have seen many brilliant tries probably in the 100's and indeed I saw a couple yesterday but that doesn't cover up the fact that we were lazy and leaderless at times and that is in fact not the sign of good side at all rather the sign of a side that went to sleep and probably doesn't have a full understanding of the rules.
Grow up OT.
F##k I would hate to be your glass half empty for every day of your life.

We can play shit and win then good on us.

The final series is the only test now.

ouryears

Bench
Turning our back after penalties then mayhem when the opposition take a quick tap.
JDB starting to be a ball player again which is not his go just f**king run Jack and pass after you bust the line.
In the 1st few weeks this was not happening but it is becoming more obvious week by week and to me indicates fatigue and is very similar occurrence to previous years.
Maybe we are that bit fitter this year and it might take a few more rounds for it to become even more apparent but they are all momentum killers.
Lol.

ouryears

Bench
oh wahhh wahhh wahhh keep crying what about the brilliant tries were they a reminder too? They played below best and pulled out the win - sign of a good side. We missed the 8 last year you know...
Great post mate.
Most of this forum are cutting their wrists while we are drinking champagne.
#we are number1suckers

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Wow just wow - hell of a supporter. We are outright comp leaders and you are hoping we are at least competitive whilst losing? Seriously go support the panfers if you don't think we can get near them, what a joke. Sure we did not play great but that is precisely the game we lose last year. Each game starts at 0-0 you know and just as we did for Roosters
ll
Saints have been less convincing week by week- their right side defence just makes poor reads and they react too slowly. In a way, they've been playing poorly but without pressure

Very good and objective analysis DP
You can add to that that we scored 8 points while Rapana was in the bin.
Good to be positive, better to be real.
you clearly struggle to be either!

mw10371

Juniors
Dufty was one of the main reasons we were in the position we were in due to some terrible decisions and errors he made. He hasn't been playing well for weeks. We are lucky he made up for it in the end though, shows he can bounce back during a game.

Very true....I'm surprised more here haven't seen it for the past few weeks.

hazzbeen

Bench
Very true....I'm surprised more here haven't seen it for the past few weeks.
Yea agree , he did make mistake and will continue to do so while he is is finding his feet . But he is a player that can also turn a game on its head . I'm fairly sure they would have lost the game against the Raiders if he had not played . For me I'd rather have him there than Dugan , even with this errors from time to time . What I do know not a lot of players would have scored that try on the weekend .....

denis preston

First Grade
Mate, don't become like Mary when he says we lost because the field was 3 mts short.

We did not win because of the bin.

We won because we deserved to.

Very simplistic IMO. I'd like to think we are all very happy on how we are going this year but the dismal failures of the coaching staff over the past 7 years is still the elephant in the room. Yes it's great that we can play so bad and still win but there is still the nightmares of fade out as per previous years and this game showed all the signs of it, resulting in this thread. Just the fact that we only are using 16 players suggest to some that the coaches haven't learnt anything from past seasons. If we beat the Panthers on Saturday ( playing well or bad ) it will be a very good guide to how we are travelling.This to me is our litmus test as a team , coaching and team health.
As the competition points continue to mount up then we will be in a position to at least make the 4 and then to strategically plan the rest of the season., that is to rest players and injuries and promote others for opportunities. Don't know if the staff will do this or has a clue to how to prepare for this but time will tell.

True_Believer

Juniors
This to me is our litmus test as a team , coaching and team health.

Would it be a litmus test if Panthers weren’t in the top 8 - let alone 4? Apparently every week is a litmus test. If we get through this week the following weeks will be litmus tests because of Origin. Then there’s the 2nd Melbourne litmus test and whatever other litmus tests come up before the finals litmus tests.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
What is scary about Sunday is Saints did not make the 8 last year because they lost to nearly all bottom 8 sides and only had to win a handful. It was like they had this ego where they thought they just had to turn up to win. I hope that is not what we see going forward. I think Graham (if not Mary) will be putting a rocket up the players if they slacken off against the lower ranked sides.

The way the comp is there really is no easy beat. If you don't turn up you get beat. Simple.

Gareth67

First Grade
Yes it certainly is , however I have classed the Dragons as long shots over the last few seasons simply because we never had the same amount of big name players in the team
as many of the top sides .

To think that with no TPA's ( or a minute number off ) and the addition of only 2 quality players in Hunt and Graham , plus a far better attitude to their game the Dragons have and still are leading the competion since round 1 . Of course our Mary deserves some applause also .

Old Timer

Coach
So all the other teams don't have poor games hmmmm?

Storm, rorters, cowgirls, tigers.... who hasn't had several poor games.

They are human.

That's life.

But we...yes we....have had less poor games.

Glass half full.
Poor games by other teams is no defence of poor games by our team.
Every time any constructive criticism is offered you run off a plethora of information re other teams and ignore the obvious with our own team.
Is there nothing in last weeks game that concerned you as to the way we played and incidents within the game that were just plain dumb?
You seem to be obsessed with pointing out every single good thing as a defence to the shit things we do which is just ignoring the facts.
No one is saying we aren't enjoying winning games, some people are merely pointing out things that are deficient and if left as is can / will lead to us losing games.
Its not about glass half full / half empty as you and others like to put it, it is actually about some people including myself wanting the glass to overflow and if we think the team can do better then it is our prerogative to express that opinion and if you don't like it well stiff shit.

Last edited:

possm

Coach
In my opinion, the Dragons had bad games against Souths and Canberra. The good news is that they won the game against Canberra even despite them having an off day.

Unlike last season, the Dragons have not lost back to back this year and have not given up during any game this season.

My tip is that the Dragons will come out firing on all cylinders and come away with a hard fought win against the Panthers. We will hold the Panthers in the forwards and our halves will do the rest. Up until this game, the Panthers have not met a pair of halves who can more than match their own.

Latest posts