What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dragons to wear Illawarra kit

April 18th against Penrith at WIN Stadium Gt George Illawarra will wear the Steelers kit to commorate the first Steelers game in the premiership in 1982.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Southern Rooster said:
April 18th against Penrith at WIN Stadium Gt George Illawarra will wear the Steelers kit to commorate the first Steelers game in the premiership in 1982.

If this isnot an April Fools thingy I say "BOUT BLOODY TIME"

Saint 60

Juniors
lol remembers seimans rofl

i think its a good idea, from what i read Penrith will be wearing their old white and brown strips....(chocolate soldier colours)

good concept for one game :)

grrrr im still getting over that game at Melbourne :evil: :cry: #-o

Simon

Juniors
From what I heard Penrith refused to wear their old chocolate brown strip. They'll wear this years strip while we wear the Illawarra one. It sounds alright to me. It wouldn't bother me if we used the Illawarra strip as our alternate.

Roosterphin

Juniors
Simon said:
From what I heard Penrith refused to wear their old chocolate brown strip. They'll wear this years strip while we wear the Illawarra one. It sounds alright to me. It wouldn't bother me if we used the Illawarra strip as our alternate.

I honestly dont know why you guys dont use it...its a great jumper

Southernsaint

Staff member
The Red Vee newsletter said there would be an Illawarra Sheilas "commemorative day" for the Penriff match. There's been heresay about a Sheilas jumper but I've seen nothing official. If someone could post a link it'd be appreciated.

I thought the jumper was "non-negotiable"?? :roll:

Cheers,
Ben S.

Godz Illa

Coach
I dont have a problem with this.

At St George we have always embraced our traditions, and celebrated our history - why should that be any different now, with Illawarra on board? We should embrace Illawarra's history, too.

At St George we have always embraced our traditions, and celebrated our history - why should that be any different now, with Illawarra on board? We should embrace Illawarra's history, too.

Recently St George had its 80th birthday and the club didn't so much as sneeze yet here we are commemorating the 22nd anniversary of the Steelers?

Stanley Steeler day my arse. If things keep up like this we might have to hold a Stanley Knife day at Kogarah…

drake

First Grade
Denis is serious. Every club has it's looney supporters, and Denis is up there with Skull.
Personally I think one day a year won't hurt, even though I do think that missing the 80th birthday of the St George club was a severe oversight by the club. 80 years is nothing to sneeze at, and we should bring the acheivements in that history up whenever we can.
I still don't see why the steelers strip couldn't be our away strip, if we've got to have something other than the red V, (then we can't get called the socks). Just don't bring Stanley back...what a joke that dude was.

Southernsaint

Staff member
Denis'saints'Freak said:
Denis is serious. Every club has it's looney supporters, and Denis is up there with Skull.

:lol: :lol:

Up there with skull, I like it. :lol:

Denis, all you need is a milk crate & a couple of kids to hold the hessian aside so you can see the game...

Geez, being called a nutter for wanting to retreive 77 years of history, for wanting more than 4 games at our home ground, for not wanting to play a game in the jumper of the club who brings very, very little to our happy little brand?? Where do I sign up??

Cheers,
Ben S.

drake

First Grade
As I've said before, I lived around the Corner from Ross the Skull for years, my little brother used to play with his daughter. Nice bloke as long as you're white and a Saints fan.
I don't think anything is crazy about wanting to recognize the great Saints history, but Denis' rabid hatred of the JV clashes with my own opinion. The looney bit is the rabid, blind and prejudiced hate that espouses, which is mirrored by many others at the games. Nothing like getting abused by someone wearing the same colours as you for having a post '98 jersey. It shits me to my eye-teeth, and I'm not going to get myself in trouble with the law to educate some drunken fool.
You guys have goy your opinions... too bad they're usually aimed at 'fellow supporters'. :x

innsaneink

Referee
drake said:
As I've said before, I lived around the Corner from Ross the Skull for years, my little brother used to play with his daughter. Nice bloke as long as you're white and a Saints fan.
I don't think anything is crazy about wanting to recognize the great Saints history, but Denis' rabid hatred of the JV clashes with my own opinion. The looney bit is the rabid, blind and prejudiced hate that espouses, which is mirrored by many others at the games. Nothing like getting abused by someone wearing the same colours as you for having a post '98 jersey. It shits me to my eye-teeth, and I'm not going to get myself in trouble with the law to educate some drunken fool.
You guys have goy your opinions... too bad they're usually aimed at 'fellow supporters'. :x

You're a merger.
We're a JV.
th_wests_tigers_logo.gif

innsaneink

Referee
No Willow....I'll take your word for it, though I'm sure the transition from merger to Joint Venture would make fascinating reading.

drake

First Grade
innsaneink said:
drake said:

You're a merger.
We're a JV.
you're a bloody joke.
See ya this weekend.