What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eastwood signs with Canterbury Bankstown for 3 years :D

rhino2009

Juniors
It's still speculation over here in Leeds whether a deal for Eastwood has already been done with the Bulldogs and if it's a transfer fee or player swap. From what I've heard all will be announced once the super league play offs are over. So maybe next week if the Rhinos lose in the semi-final or the week after if we get to the Grand Final. Any more news/rumour from the Bulldogs end? Does it now look more like just a transfer fee and not a player swap?

Bulldog Force

Referee
Transfer fee seems more likely. No more news from this end. I'll go with you and say that Leeds are putting talks on hold and waiting until their finals campaign ends - it'll be a huge distraction in the mean time if you have this lingering over your team while you're playing in the finals.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Given he's in a side in the semi's, I'm gonna agree to disagree.

rhino2009

Juniors
Unfortunately Wigan beat Leeds Rhinos yesterday in the ESL Play-off semi-final so it was Eastwood's last match. He acknowledged the crowd and waved his good byes. I would think there will be an announcement soon as to where he is going (possibly the deal has already been done with Bulldogs). Any news/speculation from the Bulldogs about the deal being finalised?

Bulldog Force

Referee
We haven't heard anything yet. One would assume that something would come out in the coming weeks though - possibly after the NRL Grand Final.

MatthewA

Juniors
He has definitely agreed to terms, as reported in several papers and confirmed by Todd Greenberg.

I assume there are only a small amount of hurdles to over come before it's announced that he'll be with us again in 2011 and one of those would be the transfer fee.

Bulldog Force

Referee
He has definitely agreed to terms, as reported in several papers and confirmed by Todd Greenberg.

I assume there are only a small amount of hurdles to over come before it's announced that he'll be with us again in 2011 and one of those would be the transfer fee.
Didn't Greenberg deny the reports via Twitter?

MatthewA

Juniors
http://www.nospam23.com.au/data/media/00000002/00001605/eastwoodcrop-zoom.jpg
http://www.nospam23.com.au/articles/2010/09/28/eastwood-on-his-way-to-the-bulldogs/

By Nathan Ryan
28 September 2010

New Zealand International Greg Eastwood is just days away from having his return to former side the Bulldogs finalised.

Eastwood will join the Kennel on a three-year deal and is waiting on both Leeds and the Bulldogs to agree on the settlement of his transfer fee, which should be finalised later this week.

The back rower’s manager David Riolo confirmed the news Canterbury fans have been anxiously waiting late on Tuesday afternoon, ending speculation of the 23-year-old's future.

“The Bulldogs are about to sign an agreement regarding the transfer fee and he will be a Bulldog again,” Riolo told nospam23.com.au.

“I’m hoping it will be finalised this week.”

Eastwood has already left Leeds following their Super League semi-final defeat by Wigan, which ended the Rhinos' season.

Eastwood was signed to a three-year contract with Leeds in which he has two years remaining, but has been transfer listed since late July after he struggled to settle into life overseas.

Bulldog Force

Referee
Excellent news. Thanks Matt. It seems it's just a matter of formalising everything by putting pen to paper. Bring on BEASTWOOD :D

Evil Homer

Staff member
He'll come back in better shape than when he got here, in honesty though he's had maybe 2 or 3 good games all year for Leeds where he has looked international class and the rest of the time he's been a bit of a plodder. I've included his stats in comparison with a 20 year old in his rookie season who has probably had similar game time to Eastwood.

http://www.superleague.co.uk/statis...1913&hs2=2010&hp2=2799&stat=tries&season=2010

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
Leeds obviously have a different training program to us so I think he'll find the form he had with us last year when he returns and starts training with us again. Might take him a couple of games to adjust to the NRL again but I think we'll see his '09 form sooner rather than later.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I think his poor form probably had a lot to do with his homesickness.

Packy

Bench
The main reason we are pushing for him is for his inpact and offload ability. Those stats indicate that they are still there.

I don't think any of us Dogs fans are upset by signing him.

blake1979

Juniors
Do you think Eastwood and Pritchard will work in the same side , i think they will both want to start and it could cause problems if one isnt getting enough minutes , I prefer Eastwood and i like Halatau coming off the bench . Play him like he played for the Tigers at the back of 05 where they let him get into dummy half ansd get them on the front foot.

I dont know im just not sold on Pritchard , the difference between his best and worst is too far apart

Latest posts