What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels Appoint Brad Arthur as Head Coach (Part Deux)

Avenger

Immortal
Brad Arthur is the man. I can't believe some moron didn't even include him in the Next Parra Coach poll.

Avenger

Immortal
Well, according to the supreme arbiter of truth (Wikipedia), our first jersey in 1947 was blue with a yellow (not gold) hoop, and we switched to gold hoops in 1949.....so I reckon BA is a true believer.

Ours colours were supposed to be green and black IRC. However the founder of our club changed them at the last minute in order to replicate his school colours.

Avenger

Immortal
Peter Gentle is a confirmed applicant. I hope he gets it. Was within a whisker of getting the Tigers job.

amitropo

Juniors
Peter Gentle is a confirmed applicant. I hope he gets it. Was within a whisker of getting the Tigers job.

Know the guy, not mates,just from working with him at Syd uni. Seemed like he had a good head on his shoulders, good people skills.

Tony Bongo

Bench
Firstly I love the fact that both Ando and Arthur are passionate about the Eels and I am happier about them both getting their respective rolls than I was for either Kearney or Stuart. I don't personally rate Arthur as a great tactician of the game (something I do think about JT), so I'm hoping we appoint someone as an assistant who is. In any case anything is better than having the biggest coahing myth in the NRL in Stuart. Onward and upward!

Firstly I love the fact that both Ando and Arthur are passionate about the Eels and I am happier about them both getting their respective rolls than I was for either Kearney or Stuart. I don't personally rate Arthur as a great tactician of the game (something I do think about JT), so I'm hoping we appoint someone as an assistant who is. In any case anything is better than having the biggest coahing myth in the NRL in Stuart. Onward and upward!

Thankfully the tactics aren't rocket science. Win the wrestle, buy a 6/7/9 with vision, hope your other guys can either run fast or run hard. Simples.

lingard

Coach
Ours colours were supposed to be green and black IRC. However the founder of our club changed them at the last minute in order to replicate his school colours.

Macquarie Boys' High was blue and gold.

"Vis Viva, Vis Viva
Living strength is ours!
Let the symbol of our strength in life unfold,
Macquarie's flag of blue and gold!"

lingard

Coach
I like Arthur's comment that the Parramatta team should have its own personality. I know Daniel Anderson said much the same when he first started. I liked it then, too.

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Thankfully the tactics aren't rocket science. Win the wrestle, buy a 6/7/9 with vision, hope your other guys can either run fast or run hard. Simples.

This.

Tactics are no dark art in a game like rugby league - 99% of coaching is having the right (i.e. best) players and motivating them.

I think a lot of nerds like to fetishize tactics in contact sports because it lets them think there's something significantly smart about the game.

Latest posts