What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Eels v Week One Finals Team List Thread

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
7 tackle sets are the dumbest rule change ever. They are already getting ball from 20. Its basically giving it to them on 30. And why? What has the team done so wrong? Its like a penalty for not getting kick right. Stupidity and give the team defending the upper hand.
I believe it was originally brought in to counter the 2010 tactic of teams kicking dead to avoid Hayne's kick returns. Obviously if you kick dead from inside the 20 you weren't trying to 'ice' the ball, instead you f**ked up a grubber or something. So maybe giving away a seven tackle set from a failed grubber is unfair. It certainly goes against the intent of the rule.

Bazal

Post Whore
I believe it was originally brought in to counter the 2010 tactic of teams kicking dead to avoid Hayne's kick returns. Obviously if you kick dead from inside the 20 you weren't trying to 'ice' the ball, instead you f**ked up a grubber or something. So maybe giving away a seven tackle set from a failed grubber is unfair. It certainly goes against the intent of the rule.

Also no way should field goal misses be a 7 tackle set

hineyrulz

Post Whore
So when we do it it's 'good tactics' but when the Storm do it they 'change the game for the worse'....hmmmm
Well you either adapt or die, we've been dying for years about time we adapted.

It's the NRL's fault for refusing to doing anything these tactics for a decade. You either play the game or enjoy the holiday in September.

strider

Post Whore
It is a dumb rule.
I don't understand why every 20m tap now results in a 7 tackle set.
Dropping the ball over the line when going to score a try doesn't seem like a situation where the defending team should get a 20m tap and extra tackle.
I dont think they do ... i thought it was just kicking dead

I thought the rule was brought in as a deterrant to scoring all your tries from kicks

BoneyBlake17

Juniors

It's the NRL's fault for refusing to doing anything these tactics for a decade. You either play the game or enjoy the holiday in September.

Its come too far now and teams have no choice but to adapt.

The fact the nrl sat on their arse as per usual 10 years ago and did nothing about it. Is the reason why the play the ball area is an absolute joke now.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore

We've always known what it takes to be successful, we just weren't capable of it.

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Its come too far now and teams have no choice but to adapt.

The fact the nrl sat on their arse as per usual 10 years ago and did nothing about it. Is the reason why the play the ball area is an absolute joke now.
Sounds like an easy fix. What would you have done?

Latest posts