What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

English lower leagues

The Partisan

That is absolutely diabolical !

Have Bradford asked for an enquiry or explanation ?

One TJ getting it wrong I could understand ....but both of them !

langpark

First Grade

That's the problem I think what's happened here is, the one who got it wrong, signalled it first, and the second one panicked and gave the same signal, which is terrible, because once they've both signalled it, refs cannot over-rule them. It's only ref's call when the touchies give a split decision.

roughyedspud

Coach

Think ive only even seen it once where ones put it up and the other waved it off...think the ref made the deciding call..

Harrigan

Juniors
In all fairness I think it was a lot closer than people are making it out to be. That camera isn't the best angle and you definitely can't tell.

roughyedspud

Coach
bring back ridiculously tall goal posts...

station road
2228381095_1008d00516_z.jpg

watersheddings
normal_Oldham_Watersheddings_1988a.jpg

roughyedspud

Coach
Legend has it that swintons station rd posts where the tallest in the "RLworld"...bet ours were'nt far behind.....if the cross bar is 3m the old style posts must have been 13-14m tall??

Got a good look at ours one day without the pads on..you could see the grain of the wood,knots an all...them where the days

Last edited:

langpark

First Grade
They're having a double header with Wasps RU, who on average are getting crowds of 10-12,000 there. Hopefully a few turn up early to watch the League match.

deluded pom?

Coach
They're having a double header with Wasps RU, who on average are getting crowds of 10-12,000 there. Hopefully a few turn up early to watch the League match.

Thanks. I didn't realise that as none of the articles I've read mention the fact. Makes sense though.

Last edited:

Evil Homer

Staff member
Over 1,000 at the Coventry vs Keighley match today, easily a record crowd for one of the new League One expansion teams. Sounds like they put in a good performance too, pushing an established side.

yakstorm

First Grade
Newcastle Thunder drew a crowd of 3,033 on Friday night in the lead into the Magic Weekend.

Whilst the result wasn't quite what they would have wanted, it is the largest crowd by the Thunder side in over a decade.

Latest posts