What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ESL coverage 2012

Johnny_L_O

Juniors
Still not good enough even France and Im guessing the middle east (via al jazeera sport)will be able to watch superleague live.I mean whats the point of having a 50 inch plasma if you have to watch sport on bloody computer monitor.

Use a HDMI lead :D

Manlybeachbum

Juniors
Guys,

RFL has confirmed that they are still speaking with two broadcasters, but it's Nine & Seven. Fox doesn't appear to be involved anymore. Still no deal I'm afraid.

Lambretta

First Grade
My god Australians are hopeless at getting their act together on the Super League. They started with round 6 last year and I recorded all the games and watched them at my leisure. In fact I saved them up for the Aussie off season and only found out last week that Leeds had won the GF :lol:

Still cant believe they beat Warrington at Warrington after Wire led at half time. Gutted.

Anyway - I dont care what station out of 9 or 7 picks them up or when they show them as TiVo finds it - but I need to tell it what station to record on. So they better fuggin hurry up and make up their minds

customer.service@ninemsn.com.au That email address came up on the Nine MSN website - but they'll probably write back to you to advise you they only accept thank you's and any programming complaints must be put in writing. They've taken their mailing address off the website as they must have been inundated. Wankers.

Lambretta

First Grade
I just sent Channel 9 this email

[FONT=&quot]Dear Channel 9[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The English Super League has already commenced and yet you haven’t started broadcasting games yet.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Can you please advise if you are going to take the rights to the Super League and if so, when scheduling will commence[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Kind regards[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot][/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

I suggest you all do the same asap.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Dear Channel 9

Please let Fox Sports take the rights for SL games, as your network has been pathetic since taking over.

Regards,

PS. F**k you.

PaddyBoy

Juniors
Does this mean it will be streamed? I'm thinking about getting a Smart TV so I could watch it on that which would be great.

Haffa

That's crazy. The SL should stream all games via the net. Charge people $100 for the season they'd make more money then 9 would pay them.

LeedsStorm

Juniors
Well, we are on the eve of the start of the NRL and no hint of superleague coverage by any of the networks. There goes the theory that a network might pick up the rights at the "start of the league season".

I'm amazed. :crazy:

Lambretta

First Grade
I am gutted there is no Super League on TV here in OZ

I really enjoyed recording and watching the games and I hope one of the networks (One HD, or Foxtel) picks it up soon.

PARRA_FAN

Coach
I am gutted there is no Super League on TV here in OZ

I really enjoyed recording and watching the games and I hope one of the networks (One HD, or Foxtel) picks it up soon.

This.

I hope Foxtel get it back, at least they showed the matches at a decent time. 7.30 Thursday night.

If they dont show any Challenge Cup matches I'll be fuming.

Tells you the lack of interest from the media with the ESL. The other day I was reading the paper to see the results, only to see that the Quins had won. :roll:

Panfas

Juniors
Can someone please tell me why only 2 games are televised each week in the ESL? I know its been like this for a while, but I have always wondered why?

Evil Homer

Staff member
Can someone please tell me why only 2 games are televised each week in the ESL? I know its been like this for a while, but I have always wondered why?
Because that's how many games Sky want to show, it's always been that way. No domestic sports league has every match televised here, not even the EPL. I guess the RFL could sell the rights to televise the remaining Super League games, but up to now it hasn't been financially worth sacrificing the extra money Sky pay to have exclusivity.

Latest posts