What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Excited for 2017

Coffs dragon

Bench
Sorry but my excitement is minimal under this current dipshit of a coach. In reality I expect 2017 will be a struggle again!! However under a different coach (JD) then it's a different ball game and up we rise.

kit66

Bench
I want to be positive and it's true we're building a decent looking squad but unlike most other teams we have no idea what our Spine will even look like in 2017 with 3 of the 4 key positions ( possibly all 4 ) undecided. Plus there's something about Mary and we all know what that is.
I'm hoping, wishing that somehow before the 2017 kick off a miracle will happen or maybe just a sudden outbreak of common sense and we'll see Demetriou handed the reins of 1st grade.
Maybe the reported interest in JD from the Broncs will spur Doust and Co into action.

Some good signings though so....Go The Dragons !

Uplifting

Juniors
Their opinion on this point is stupid then, objective speaking.

Straight Shooter
C'mon man, we are all Dragons fans, and we all look forward to next season - especially after such a disappointing one. Who's to know what will happen in the future, maybe more of our concerns will be addressed - one step at a time.

C'mon man, we are all Dragons fans, and we all look forward to next season - especially after such a disappointing one. Who's to know what will happen in the future, maybe more of our concerns will be addressed - one step at a time.

Yes, we are all Dragons fans :)

But don't confuse participation with challenging for the title. And the deep issue for our dysfunctional organisation is the lack of hunger to genuinely challenge in the foreseeable future, let alone next yet. The board is not driven to succeed, just to maintain the status quo (being snouts in the trough). For this board, the very concept of professionalism is anathema.

So no, things aren't 'looking brighter'.

Straight Shooter

MattoDragon

Juniors
A good coach would have got last season's roster into the top 8. But we ain't got one.
We have a good, solid roster with plenty of potential and kids like Dufty, Hame and Luch ready for a chance. But without a coach capable of firing up these players and blooding our youth, nothing will change.
We have every reason to be positive about our footy team. BUT, that positive vibe is shattered by the fact our coach is inept, incapable and incompetent.
As posts above have said, if we avoid the Wooden Spoon, it will be a good year. Sad, but true.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Putting aside 'the coach' (who, as most of us agrees with, is useless as breasts on a bovine), a strong indication of a team's success is its 'spine'.

Unfortunately it's a vital area where the Dragons' are sadly lacking.

1. Dugan: injury prone and diminishing speed (the game is passing him by).

6. Widdop: a fine player sans confidence, who desperately needs a genuine mentor.

7. Hutchison: still unknown at this level but possesses a good kicking game.

9. McInnes: Souths' reject...and an upgrade on Rein? Haha....Good one!

Unless this is strengthened, Saints will continue to flounder.

Last edited:

MattoDragon

Juniors
Going on most of the above posts, it now seems our problem has mostly been the roster. Well done, let the board know that we are in good hands.

All those who were not going to renew membership seem now to be making up part of the 5000.
What posts are you reading? The overwhelming view is we have a capable roster but an incapable coach

Gareth67

First Grade
You're as stupid as deansykes.

Straight Shooter

I must admit that you have me somewhat confused O.V. , Most people whom posted before myself were attempting to be POSITIVE about our chances in the upcoming season .
I was quite pleased to see that they could see that our teams future was not as bleak as I myself had thought ,

Every Dragon supporter realises the obstacles surrounding the team , the coach , the Board , our halves combination etc. etc . However still we live in hope that our fortunes will change , that to me at least is enough to ensure that I will look forward to 2017 with
some happiness .

If that makes me stupid , then I am indeed stupid , in fact anyone else with such thoughts would also be put in that same category - stupid . Perhaps you should start another Thread entitled - ' Craps Thoughts for 2017 ' and others with negative thoughts such as yourself could join you ?
Most disappointed with your point of view , objective - no , stupid - without a doubt !

Last edited:

Old Timer

Coach
Here we go again.

Everyone posts disappointment, rebellion, mass sackings, aparthy, don't renew memberships, mutiny bla bla bla .
We sign 1 forward we have paid overs for and we have a thread "excited for 2017"

Who have we actually signed, who had had a significant impact at a better performing club than ours?

Answer nobody, we have only signed fringe 1st graders and some of those allegedly have attiture or off fied issues.

Now they will go well with a team that lacks spirit and is already down hearted under a coach who sinks our side to lower levels after almost every training run and game.

Yes its is good to be upbeat but for god's sake be upbeat when we have achieved something to be upbeat about.

Last year it was oooh we have signed Lafai, oooh we have signed Lui, Havilli etc and how good did that go for us?

Wake up guys, the club loves it when we get conned into believing it is going to be better.

To be excited about next year with the same coach as we had last year with the roster we have bought to date must mean that you think Mary can coach.

ABSOLUTE INSANITY

deansykes

Juniors
Thanks for the love objective view. Stupidity has always been my forté.

I knew this post could be divisive, but at the end of the day if supporting my team regardless of the shambles above with coach and board, the playing roster still deserves our support in my opinion, be it a stupid one or not.

Not having a go at you mate, I may actually be one of the few on the forum that thinks you raise some good points, they are just worded with a glass half empty innuendo but obviously your passion is still there.

deansykes

Juniors
drink-and-post.png
:joy::joy::joy:

Friday night drinks at work got me again!

_Johnsy

Referee
Excited for 2017, nah not at all.

I'm looking forward to the season, but with ore of a sense of treading water. Wasting valuable time until the bald drunk is punted & the club enacts real change. Such a shame.

I'll still be supporting the players 100%, but jeesus our club management needs renewal & change.

I must admit that you have me somewhat confused O.V. , Most people whom posted before myself were attempting to be POSITIVE about our chances in the upcoming season .
I was quite pleased to see that they could see that our teams future was not as bleak as I myself had thought ,

Every Dragon supporter realises the obstacles surrounding the team , the coach , the Board , our halves combination etc. etc . However still we live in hope that our fortunes will change , that to me at least is enough to ensure that I will look forward to 2017 with
some happiness .

If that makes me stupid , then I am indeed stupid .
Most disappointed with your point of view , objective - no , stupid - without a doubt !

I apologise. Still feeling the effects of a long drinking session.

OV

thebigredv

First Grade
Let me assure you Rein, Marshall and Lafai, just for example, are all competent first graders. They were just three players who were oppressed by McGregor. Get set for more of the same with our new signings.

The signings are irrelevant when the coach is a disease. We will finish last.

Thanks for the love objective view. Stupidity has always been my forté.

I knew this post could be divisive, but at the end of the day if supporting my team regardless of the shambles above with coach and board, the playing roster still deserves our support in my opinion, be it a stupid one or not.

Not having a go at you mate, I may actually be one of the few on the forum that thinks you raise some good points, they are just worded with a glass half empty innuendo but obviously your passion is still there.

Sorry to you too.

I really hate* this club.

*because I love it

Straight Shooter

Apart from the coach, I think the halves are the question mark on the level of success or otherwise.

Hutch hasn't really had the benefit of the forwards laying platform when he has played in the top squad. It will be interesting to see how he goes with a stronger pack leading up front.

Gareth will probably benefit from Benji's departure. Playing those two together wasn't helpful. Talented in their own right, but not what the team needed in terms of steering the ship.

Hutch will need to take a lot of that on next year.

Latest posts