What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

FMD I HATE MELBOURNE

Minh

First Grade
Don't blame Melbourne, blame the lazy merkins at the NRL, they have allowed it from day dot, and now with Cronk taking a stroll around Win Stadium, the NRL should ban him for a week to teach them a lesson but nothing has or will happen and they will do it again down the track, stamp it out straight away and it wont happen again..

Taught well by the coach of course, it's deliberate in every grubby act they do....it's calculated and coached in every facet of the game I bet too....

epDragon62

First Grade
If we had Cam Smith in our team yesterday controlling the rucks and refereeing plus banging goals over from everywhere.....simply We Win! f**k I hate him with envy, but admire him somehow.
I think you are disregarding the fact that the Storm comprehensively out planned us and executed in their typically proficient manner to the point that they had us well beaten after 25mins. Sure, the rub of the green, some shitty decisions and all that, but ultimately they were simply better.

What we need to do is match that level of execution and preparation in both attack and defence. Sadly, speed will continue to be a problem for us.

possm

Coach
I think you are disregarding the fact that the Storm comprehensively out planned us and executed in their typically proficient manner to the point that they had us well beaten after 25mins. Sure, the rub of the green, some shitty decisions and all that, but ultimately they were simply better.

What we need to do is match that level of execution and preparation in both attack and defence. Sadly, speed will continue to be a problem for us.
Just change our defensive plan and it would have been a different game. I believe we had their measure however, they were a man up for the whole of the first half and their grubs were allowed to hold down our players in every tackle. We finished on top and we would have done that in the latter part of the first half if Mary would have sent the boys out with a better defensive plan.

A team in Geelong Vic and another in Sunshine Coast Qld would provide more competition for players and fans. Would only be a good thing.

I feel the NRL are very narrow minded when it comes to expansion. I'd like to see a two tiered NRL competition - 12 teams at each level with promotion and relegation for two teams each year.

Initially run the second division competition with 8 new clubs for two years, then over the next two years drop the bottom two clubs of the first division to second division and from that time on drop the bottom two teams in first division to second division and promote the top two teams from second division to first division. Not so difficult and it gives 8 more areas representation in the NRL.
New franchises to be established in:
1. Second team in Brisbane
2. Sunshine Coast Qld
3. Central Qld based in Rockhampton
4. Geelong Vic
5. Adelaide
6. Perth
7. Darwin
8. Christchurch NZ
Like the idea.
I'd love to see the mid week comp come back. It would give the fringe first graders and young blokes a chance.
I'd also like to see country N.S.W get a team or two.
But.... it all comes back to money.
Bring back the Panasonic Cup!!!

emu62

Juniors
what i hate most about Melbourne. During the salary cap scandal when the team & coach strolled onto the ground to show solidarity. The total arrogance of them denying knowing anything about it. Yet among other things Slater signs 2 different contracts.IMO the players were not punished enough

Gareth67

First Grade
what i hate most about Melbourne. During the salary cap scandal when the team & coach strolled onto the ground to show solidarity. The total arrogance of them denying knowing anything about it. Yet among other things Slater signs 2 different contracts.IMO the players were not punished enough

Yes emu62 , i recall that ' we have been so hard done by ' expression on their faces . And also that ' just because we have 2 sets of books does not necessarily makes us cheats ' look .

Bluudy disgusting is all that I can say , was disgusted then and always will be with their complete and utter contempt for the rules governing all teams in the NRL .
Those blokes must had , had a good laugh when they returned to the change room , and all at our expense .

Ribot and company paid the price , but as you have said , the players also should had been dealt with much more harshly than they were .

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
What I found hardest to swallow yesterday was the time it took for Cronk to acknowledge he had been sin-binned and the time he took to leave the field. Caught out for a professional foul he then committed another and went unpunished by giving his team a couple of minutes extra respite while he ignored Cechin and then finally dawdled off. Should have been upgraded to a permanent send-off for gross misconduct and disrespect for the ref.
He should have been sent off via their dead ball line instead of the cross country slow motion effort....another scheming tactic by the masters of rule abuse...anything to bend the rules and gain whatever advantage they can get

Old Timer

Coach
Melbourne are a haemorrhoid on the competition and arte born from that arsehole Ribot.
Blight on the comp from day 1 and have been given every conceivable consideration by the NRl to ensure their survival.
Despite all of that they are still way too professional from a footy sense for others to get the better of them on a regular basis.
Can't wait to see what the NRL do re Bromwich and the subsequent response from the club and Bellamy.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade
Melbourne are a haemorrhoid on the competition and arte born from that arsehole Ribot.
Blight on the comp from day 1 and have been given every conceivable consideration by the NRl to ensure their survival.
Despite all of that they are still way too professional from a footy sense for others to get the better of them on a regular basis.
Can't wait to see what the NRL do re Bromwich and the subsequent response from the club and Bellamy.

Bang on Old Timer .................... collect a free schooner from the bar.

possm

Coach
Yes your right. Best coach, the big three marquee players for years and the best possible facilities still are not enough. They also need the referee and NRL to favour them each week.

Victoria is always going to be a hard nut to crack for rugby league but I'm afraid the NRL are going about this the wrong way. From the start the NRL should have set up two teams in Victoria, one in Melbourne and one in Geelong then made a concerted effort to establish junior clubs and competitions in these two cities. I'm sure that NRL in Victoria would be in a much better position today if that were the case.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Yes your right. Best coach, the big three marquee players for years and the best possible facilities still are not enough. They also need the referee and NRL to favour them each week.

Victoria is always going to be a hard nut to crack for rugby league but I'm afraid the NRL are going about this the wrong way. From the start the NRL should have set up two teams in Victoria, one in Melbourne and one in Geelong then made a concerted effort to establish junior clubs and competitions in these two cities. I'm sure that NRL in Victoria would be in a much better position today if that were the case.
Yes Possum and the NRL should ensure there's 2 teams in Brisbane...err hang on what am I saying you cant have both reams playing every Friday nite and having a 7 day turn around every week can we...silly me

Gandhi

Juniors
100% agree. And it is quite astounding that they continue to say ....in their opinion they still count all their premierships... including the ones taken from them. Pure cheating rorting grubs!

Life's Good

Coach
100% agree. And it is quite astounding that they continue to say ....in their opinion they still count all their premierships... including the ones taken from them. Pure cheating rorting grubs!
You're not fooling anyone. You only hate them because Widdop came from there.

Latest posts