What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Football violence/hooliganism thread

Deacon

First Grade
up to 100 ultras, the guys stood no chance if there was only 10 of them. Hope the guy pulls through

langpark

First Grade
Respect. Hopefully Wireman got caught up in it and had his champagne glass bumped out of his hand...

;-)

Big Sam

First Grade
Well not really. This wasn't a case of a bit of biff and flares; this was a premeditated and unprovoked attack on a small bunch of defenseless supporters that weren't causing any trouble.

The only reason I posted it in here was because I didn't want to start up another thread. I'm seriously considering removing the 'appreciation' part of the thread title.

langpark

First Grade
haha, I would have thought most people knew I was joking and have been since I began this thread. I do glorify 'ultra culture' but I believe 99% of football fans ('hooligans' included) know where to draw the line, and that an ambush like this is way beyond the line...

WireMan

Bench

What for? 10 to 1 odds and armed. Yeah, big respect.

Reminds me of when United were in Rome and the fans attacked the united lot with knives etc (and the police with there batons), a few weeks later in Manc they were begging to be let into the ground early for protection when the welcoming committee turned up. (The Men in Black, you would love them Langy)

Romans = Cowards.

Hopefully Wireman got caught up in it and had his champagne glass bumped out of his hand...

If i had my champagne flute (not glass you caveman ;-)) in my hand that would of been a weapon. Italians being as soft as sh*t would not of dared to come near me.

Plus you never get in the way of a Northern Englishman and his drink. :D

I would be more likely to get caught up in it than you mind, i go to games, you watch videos of people playing with sparklers and being racist on youtube whilst jacking off to it... :p

The only reason I posted it in here was because I didn't want to start up another thread. I'm seriously considering removing the 'appreciation' part of the thread title.

Nah leave it. Langy appreciates this kind of thing and its his thread.
Not your fault it just keeps coming back to bite him on the ass.

langpark

First Grade
I would be more likely to get caught up in it than you mind, i go to games, you watch videos of people playing with sparklers and being racist on youtube whilst jacking off to it... :p

Nah leave it. Langy appreciates this kind of thing and its his thread.
Not your fault it just keeps coming back to bite him on the ass.
On weekdays that's true, I'll give you that. But on weekends I never miss a match...

I truly believe you're in flare denial, deep down you love them, but just can't bring yourself to admit it since they're non-existent in England....

Big Sam

First Grade

Deacon

First Grade
Spurs fans are no more Jewish than I am now days.

I f**kin hate that stigma attached to Spurs. I instantly receive the 'Jewish team response' when I tell people that I go for Tottenham, wish it would change

Big Sam

First Grade
I f**kin hate that stigma attached to Spurs. I instantly receive the 'Jewish team response' when I tell people that I go for Tottenham, wish it would change

I wasn't stereotyping. The only reason I posed the question is that a few years back I encountered a travelling Spurs supporter group in Brussels for a UEFA Cup tie against Anderlecht and all their banners said 'Yids on Tour'. To me this indicated that Spurs fans took pride in the tag, be they Jewish or not.

langpark

First Grade
I wasn't stereotyping. The only reason I posed the question is that a few years back I encountered a travelling Spurs supporter group in Brussels for a UEFA Cup tie against Anderlecht and all their banners said 'Yids on Tour'. To me this indicated that Spurs fans took pride in the tag, be they Jewish or not.
That's probably just one little faction of fans. Many teams have little factions withing their main section of fanatics....

But yes, most people are aware of the jewish connection, it will never go away for better of for worse. Each club has it's own different history/heritage and they shouldn't be ashamed of it...

Deacon

First Grade
That's probably just one little faction of fans. Many teams have little factions withing their main section of fanatics....

Correct, they all have them.

But yes, most people are aware of the jewish connection, it will never go away for better of for worse. Each club has it's own different history/heritage and they shouldn't be ashamed of it...

Shame its a easy/low way out for some opposition supporters

WireMan

Bench

Thats why they call themselves the Yid army.

Anyone who has a go at a guy in the 'Yid army' about supporting a Jewish football club is onto a massive fail.

Latest posts