What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who have a Foxtel subscription...

Will you keep Foxtel if it doesn't include Rugby League

• Total voters

Bazal

Post Whore
Plenty of other sport on Fox I enjoy, compared to absolutely nothing on FTA. More of a cricket fan than an NRL fan so absolutely I'd keep it for the sport alone, there's loads of cricket on Fox before I even look at the other sports I watch. I watch a lot of docos and stuff as well.

I think those who would drop it if they drop the NRL probably don't need to have it in the first place, personally. I love rugby league, but there's way more to life than NRL

cleary89

Coach
I got rid of it last week after having it for about 12 years. Use stan and netflix in combination with a chrome cast. Use https://livestream.com/nrl for all non 9 nrl games (and delayed 9 games).

Really wish I could have waited till now so I could have used Murdoch as the reason.

cleary89

Coach
The general consensus on LU is that people would drop Foxtel straight away if there was no NRL. I am sure the majority of people on here would but I doubt that extends to the general public.

I get what you are saying but with all the advertising of netflix and word of mouth these days most people are at least looking into some online streaming service.

My 80 year old grand parents are getting me to do it next time I'm up so they can get rid of fox. Probably more that my nan can brag about it at lawn bowls though.

Sea_Eagles_Rock

First Grade
Resisted getting it all the way through to 2010 due to SL war. If Manly wasn't in the comp, I wouldn't ever have got it on at all. I only use it NRL. I'm on a T-Box and off contract right now. NBN due to be delivered any day now. I think I may go back to the shitty app for next season. I Was already thinking of dumping it. I hate Fox, and the T-Box is a shitty example of coverage. I'm always delayed by up to 2 minutes. So annoying when chatting about games with others... I'm done.

Charlie124

First Grade
I've currently got Foxtel (second box in the bedroom) with all channels and the upgraded HD channels along with Netflix and Stan, if Foxtel lost the NRL id have absolutely no reason to keep it and it would be gone in seconds, no question.

babyg

Juniors
Posted the box back last week. Netflix plus NRL app = happy. Bring on Stan or Fetch for nrl.

I still remember the days where you could pay a fox techo $100 and get the card fixed for all foxtel channels free including pay per view. Saw both Tyson Holyfield fights for free. Those were the days.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
With the NRL live app subscription, who gets the breakdown from the $3 a week? If I only had foxtel for NRL I would just use that then apple tv it to your tv - provided you have good/unlimited internet.

Nerd

Bench
Nope with my wife now hooked on Netflix if they lose the NRL Fox is goooonnneee.

Ziggy the God

First Grade
Both IQ boxes would be turfed.

Just use your chromecast or apple tv to stream.

Check out Pluto TV and like apps.

roofromoz

First Grade
Yes, because my wife and kids watch a lot more TV than me, mostly through the Foxtel channels. I generally don't binge on the NRL every weekend and really only watch Penrith matches, and the only other show I watch is Last Week Tonight, so I personally wouldn't miss it, as I'm sure that show is / will be available on one of the streaming services, and I would get the NRL live pass.

With the advent of other streaming services, it is likely that we will cancel our subscription once our current contract is up anyway.

Last edited:

Nugget10

Juniors
I'd get rid of it for sure. With Stan and Netflix we don't really need fox. I can always watch Penrith at the pub

thorson1987

Coach
Posted the box back last week. Netflix plus NRL app = happy. Bring on Stan or Fetch for nrl.

I still remember the days where you could pay a fox techo $100 and get the card fixed for all foxtel channels free including pay per view. Saw both Tyson Holyfield fights for free. Those were the days.

Gold cards were the bomb. Only cost us $50 though.

bileduct

Coach
Gold cards were the bomb. Only cost us $50 though.
That was the only reason we ever got Foxtel to begin with, to watch all the WWE PPVs.

The NRL coverage made it worth keeping after that, but I seriously questioned continuing when they locked out people that weren't using their STBs.

The old dual satellite tuner card and Windows Media Center combination was awesome.