What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

For those who have a Foxtel subscription...

Will you keep Foxtel if it doesn't include Rugby League

• Total voters

bileduct

Coach
What's the best response for when I call and they ask why I'm cancelling my subscription?
Honestly, people should be calling and cancelling their subscriptions on a more regular basis.

You'll get diverted to some clown whose job it is to retain you as a customer. It'll usually get you 3-6 months platinum package at the basic rate.

--Storm--

Juniors
Dave Smith's a halfwit, openly say nine are getting the best 4 games and expect foxtel to be happy about that and still splash some money there way.

RoosTah

Juniors
Dave Smith's a halfwit, openly say nine are getting the best 4 games and expect foxtel to be happy about that and still splash some money there way.

You've been drinking too much Newscorp cool-aid champ.

Fox tried to f**k the NRL by stalling until the ACCC cleared their involvement with C10, and kept changing their conditions and offers, and even submitted offers on behalf of 9 without consulting them. 9 and the NRL got wind of their nasty plan and so went alone.

As for the worst 4 games - those games outrate the AFL on foxtel routinely.

In any case though, that's not the play - Fox would need to offer for all games with a simulcast of 9's in HD. That would secure them value and ensure the NRL doesn't just sell them to another provider (and ESPN is knocking at the door here - a group worth $50bn)

slinkymoose

Juniors
Heres an idea. If you're not keen on dropping foxtel completely so you can watch league next year, why dont we all suspend our subscriptions on the day the last league game is played on their channels this year. Apparently you can suspend a subscription once for a maximum of 3months in any 12months. This is perfect as I can turn it back on for the nines, make a staement and not give them my $$$. If a lot of us do it they may change this option but if we all do it on the same day or two that could be a decent result. What is the last game worth watching this year on fox?

Feej

First Grade
Honestly, people should be calling and cancelling their subscriptions on a more regular basis.

You'll get diverted to some clown whose job it is to retain you as a customer. It'll usually get you 3-6 months platinum package at the basic rate.

In other words, don't protest against News Limited as long as you can get a cheap deal? Isn't that kind of the opposite of cancelling your sub as a protest?

Jono078

Referee
May keep it for NFL, but even then I could get Gamepass which is greater access and cheaper.

So most likely I would not have Foxtel if league was not shown live.

I should point out that I signed up to it this year for the NRL.

My ideal world someone like BEIN sports gets both the EPL and NRL rights (could happen they have a lot of money) and Foxtel would be dropped without a second thought.

My understanding is that this was left open of Foxtel or other provider simulcasting all games and if that happened Nine would pay a bit less.

bileduct

Coach
In other words, don't protest against News Limited as long as you can get a cheap deal? Isn't that kind of the opposite of cancelling your sub as a protest?
If you want to cancel your service in protest, be my guest.

If you want to pay a cheaper rate for your service, call them up every now and then and ask to cancel it.

I thought what I was saying was pretty clear so it's disappointing to have to explain it to you in detail.

taipan

Referee
Look ,I love the movie" Where Eagles Dare'.Battle of the Bulge,39 Steps,Rear Window but seeing them at leat 6 times this year on Classicals is hardly going to get me to continue subscribing if there is no NRL.
Are you listening Rupert ,DUI and Beetroot cheeks?
Don't take NRL subscribers for granted.