What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox Sports NRL shows for 2016

bileduct

Coach
These guys channel the Footy Show pretty hard at times. Disappointing.
Yeah it's cringe worthy at times. That James Rochford clown and his Not the NRL News segment is a new low.

Supercars Life has a pretty good format that could be used for an NRL show. No stupid panel with guests, no narration, etc. Just behind the scenes footage, drivers talking freely about stuff away from the track and so on. There's a show called Broncos Insider that I assume is a bit like this (never watched it), it'd be good to see one that focuses on a different NRL club each week.

Last edited:

PARRA_FAN

Coach
Yeah it's cringe worthy at times. That James Rochford clown and his Not the NRL News segment is a new low.

Supercars Life has a pretty good format that could be used for an NRL show. No stupid panel with guests, no narration, etc. Just behind the scenes footage, drivers talking freely about stuff away from the track and so on. There's a show called Broncos Insider that I assume is a bit like this (never watched it), it'd be good to see one that focuses on a different NRL club each week.

When they did last year it was funny at the start but Id rather it go for 2-3 minutes.

Now that they've got him on the show, its average and looks as though theyre getting to that silly Footy Show type of humor.

Some of the jokes are dragged on a lot, even the Hindmarsh no premiership one.

"Hey Hindy, how many premierships have you won?"

That's about the 450912th time he's been asked that question. It was funny the first time.

Perth Red

Post Whore
What do you think is going to happen when they launch the NRL channel next year?

The entire coverage of the NRL suffers from the same issue of repetitive content. NRL360 just keeps running with the same format and rotation of guests, the pre and post game shows are becoming inundated with Fletcher and Hindmarsh nonsense. Matthew Johns.

I'd really like to see another show like NRL Tactics that actually breaks down the plays used by each team, shows how they work, etc.

No evening. replays of today's games on fox for those of us that missed them, I'll be pleased when we get an NRL channel for this reason alone. And yes I did forget to set the record!

Perth Red

Post Whore
When they did last year it was funny at the start but Id rather it go for 2-3 minutes.

Now that they've got him on the show, its average and looks as though theyre getting to that silly Footy Show type of humor.

Some of the jokes are dragged on a lot, even the Hindmarsh no premiership one.

"Hey Hindy, how many premierships have you won?"

That's about the 450912th time he's been asked that question. It was funny the first time.

There's a place for it once a week. Rest of time should be like the NFL shows, very professional and delve into the games, tactics, outcomes, strengths and weaknesses of each team facing each other etc.

El Diablo

Post Whore
No evening. replays of today's games on fox for those of us that missed them, I'll be pleased when we get an NRL channel for this reason alone. And yes I did forget to set the record!

don't blame Fox then

you can even get an app for your phone to set recordings if you're out

bileduct

Coach
Well there's still a full day of replays tomorrow and on Thursday.

forward pass

Coach
Last year they had a show called "try time" showing every try from the weekend. Wish they would bring that back.

Incorrect

Coach
For those of you that tuned in to the Matty Johns show last night, was Hindmarsh pissed off for real or was he just playing along?? He looked genuinely pissed off. If it was for real, I'm surprised he didn't just storm off the set...

Also nice to see you can just about set your clock to Johns' weekly jizz over the Trbojevic boys... FMD - it's almost getting creepy how much he gushes over them.

El Diablo

Post Whore
didn't you watch it all?

at the end he told Tallis he looked like he'd been shitting himself earlier when Hindy was acting pissed

he then said he knew about the story 3 weeks ago

Incorrect

Coach
didn't you watch it all?

at the end he told Tallis he looked like he'd been shitting himself earlier when Hindy was acting pissed

he then said he knew about the story 3 weeks ago

Nah, I didn't watch all the way to the end.... I think I switched off when Johns started warbling about the Jake T and Tom T

I'm not all that surprised that Hindmarsh was in on the gag. Like I said earlier, if he was genuinely pissed it would have been grounds for storming off the set. And at the end of the day, Johns and Fletcher surely aren't big enough c**ks to go and take a mates boat without his knowledge... I assume?!!

Last edited:

bnie7349

Juniors
For those of you that tuned in to the Matty Johns show last night, was Hindmarsh pissed off for real or was he just playing along?? He looked genuinely pissed off. If it was for real, I'm surprised he didn't just storm off the set...

Also nice to see you can just about set your clock to Johns' weekly jizz over the Trbojevic boys... FMD - it's almost getting creepy how much he gushes over them.

The Johns boys are friends with the Trbojevic family (Joey Johns' son plays for the Mona Vale raiders, same club that the Trbojevic boys played for), hence the weekly frothing from Joey and Matty.

Last edited:

Incorrect

Coach
Either Hindy was pissed or he is a bloody good actor. I have a feeling he was putting it on because he said at the end "James (The professor) told me 3 weeks ago I was getting stitched up".

The Johns boys are friends with the Trbojevic family (Joey Johns' son plays for the Mona Vale raiders, same club that the Trbojevic boys played for), hence the weekly frothing from Joey and Matty.

Yeah I was vaguely aware of the connection, he knows a lot about the family... Even taking that in to account, the ongoing orgasmic adulation of them is strange IMO... Is he their surrogate father by any chance???

I'd like to see a preview show that goes through the upcoming round with injury updates, judiciary, market odds, tips, fantasy etc etc

nrlnrl

First Grade
Just saw an ad about the live finals coverage on Fox Sports plus a dedicated channel with new shows. It sounds like a good time to get a taste of next year with the 24x7 rugby league channel.