What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fox V Channel 9

Sharkman05

Juniors
For those that have FOX do you watch the game on nine or FOX?

I much prefer the FOX coverage, no ads and better commentators.

I think channel 9 ratings would be massively down with FOX televising all games.

Sgt. Kabukiman

Juniors
I would watch it on Fox, but I like that new guy Nine have leading their coverage. Craig Chance I think his name is. Knows his stuff.

some11

Referee
Fox, now to get around to getting a bigger TV for the room with Fox installed..

Pommy

Coach
I watched on 9 tonight because I refuse to pay for HD in 2017 and the picture looked shite.
Binning fox next month due to the reduction in sports coverage but hike in prices.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
fox for me.

is it the best coverage / commentary? maybe not.

but the main reason - it's not channel nine.

for years channel nine treated victorians like 2nd rate citizens when it came to league.. some of their bullshit included:

- screening friday night football at 1am saturday morning
- not showing state of origin live until around 2006/7/8 ish (instead, one year, crocodile dundee).
- cutting the grand final footage at the fulltime siren to go to the news, missing the trophy presentation. this happens to this day. even when the storm won in 2012 they did it.
- not showing finals matches live, even when fox couldn't show it till after they'd finished.
- when they started showing the games at normal times, they'd show the queensland game first on friday nights. you know that that means? ray. f**king. hadley. what a way to kill your friday night buzz.

all absolute bullshit.

channel 9 had the chance to show these games, but chose not do. so, f**k YOU, channel 9. i hope you lose the rights in future. you don't deserve to show the game.

fox all the way for me.

plus now they have yvonne sampson too. an added bonus.

Perth Red

Post Whore
No brainer, Fox every time

Better commentary
Better quality picture
No ads
No gus and rabbits waffling on about nothing to do with game
No johns and Fittler reinforcing the thick rl stereotype

Spot On

Coach
It's not even a contest - Fox every game as was the case last year. No one should have to listen to the commentary on Ch 9. Ever. Even if it is free, its not worth it.

Even my nine yr old son flicks the footy straight to Fox.

Charlie124

First Grade
Rabs and Gus could've died in 2015 for all i know. Fox wins this argument every second of every day of every week of every month of the year. With Fox having every game live and in HD there is absolutely no reason to watch ch 9 outside of Origin time.

Latest posts