What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Game Future NRL Stadiums part II

docbrown

Coach
I obviously want as many Penrith games in the upgraded stadium as possible but we shouldn't abandon the Bathurst game
Sorry for any confusion. I'm not saying they can't take games on the road, it's just a rough guide. Teams can take as many games on the road as they like.

It was mainly to show how teams like Bulldogs & Tigers could share a stadium, and Roosters, Rabbitohs, Tigers & Dragons could share a stadium and do reciprocal membership deals. So we'd go from 9 stadiums in Sydney to 6. Whilst also having those teams properly service Wollongong & Gosford too.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Once again showing you know nothing about Sydney. They should be playing as far west as possible
Is there any evidence that their fans live further west rather than around the balmain area which is a stones throw from a far superior stadium in allianz?

of I was fan I’d much rather travel abit further to watch my club at allianz than at Accor,

Wb1234

Referee
The nrl really should negotiate the grand final rights. Panthers stadium is getting done regardless

so there maybe 800 million left to spend in nsw to get the grand final.

something like Cronulla and Lo 50 million each
Brookie 200 million

still leaves 500 million which could be a roof on accor (which the nsw govt wants) or upgrades to win and Newcastle

another option could be 500 million in upgrades or less (no accor) and selling off one grand final every 3 or 4 years to qld in exchange for a new 1.5 billion Suncorp

Bulldog2020

Juniors
Cronulla should sell Shark Park to Developers. Council will let them use the funds to build a new stadium at the home ground of one of the Junior Clubs. Should be able to build something like one of the Super League stadiums for the money they would get.

Wb1234

Referee
Cronulla should sell Shark Park to Developers. Council will let them use the funds to build a new stadium at the home ground of one of the Junior Clubs. Should be able to build something like one of the Super League stadiums for the money they would get.
Shame is the redeveloped leagues club is built to have great views of the ground from within

Colk

First Grade
You want them to move away from their current supporter base and leagues clubs full time ?

remember when people said the sharks should do that with Perth ?

take a step back and stop being so parochial

what you are suggesting means the same should apply to Cronulla

This is the kind of hypocrisy Perth red is famous for

How many non sharks fans on here think shark park isn’t fit for the nrl

shark park looks like an unfinished building site

it’s awful on tv

It’s hardly that. He is cognisant of the fact that they need to do something in the future. Same as a few clubs, including mine btw.

It would be hypocritical if he said LO is a dump but Shark Park is great. That would be hypocritical.

jim_57

Staff member
Not worth the read, just an opinion piece/brainfart suggesting knocking down the only large stadium in sydney capable of hosting origins and GF's so they can sell the land and put that money into suburban grounds and somehow put 20k extra seats at allianz.

He got the first step right at least. Bulldoze Accor, then rebuild the f**ker to a 75k+ world class rectangular stadium that Sydney should have always had after the Olympics.

40k Newcastle, 30k Liverpool, 25k Wollongong & 20k Brookvale upgrades would be fair compromise though.