What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Game Day vs Raider

R-15-3

Bench
Forward combination didn’t work, don’t think u can have Uele start or on as long. Tolman & Fifita on at the same time.
Hunt & Talakai very short stints could of been split up not on together.
Not wrapping up the offload was the worst part.
From what iv seen of him and listening to the podcast the other day on how Fifita thinks Hazelton is impossible to bring down with his size & strength think he is what’s missing. His extra height and strength would have limited a few of those offloads and adds something different in body type.

Stake Removed

First Grade
Watched the game, a few points of note

The amount of offloads we allowed in the 1st half
Again first half mostly not putting the player down, the 2 lumbering Raider props we struggled to put down, this is not a top 8 team we were playing
Our last tackle option when Hynes is out of play, that needs to be fixed
Uele is not a starter prop, he was no where to be seen, is a bench player
Nikora i swear he didnt play, no where to be seen never gets in for a tough run.

Positives

Hynes looks good bar the attempted tackle on Wighton who actually played decent for first ime since 2020.
Kennedy linking again was good
Fifita when he came on, looked he should be starting if in the 17
Brailey darting from dummy half, but did bomb try in 12th minute after his bust should have turned ball inside to Rudolf.

Neutrals
Moylan - should have thrown body on line for kick that raiders score off, i would expect him to be doing this, he over 100 games experience

Crush

Coach
As a dragons fan watching this game, watching Moylan run around in the 6 reminded me very much of his mate Corey Norman, they could be twins, both absolutely useless. Just go through the motions, he has to go, drop him now I say, not up to NRL standards.

Yeah i appreciate your point , my understanding has always been that the ball carrying arm once touching the ground must not then leave it before crossing the line , when i played rugby many years ago now that as always the interpretation , but as i say that was long , long ago . So many soft tries given now across both codes i have given up say if it's a try or not .

As for that being scored it is on one mans head , Ramien , we had them cooked , stuck in their own end and he gave up that stupid penalty , complete brain fade , i'm sure everyone was told no dumb feck penalties , especially in that position .

He is going to have to sort his shite out real fast for Fitz to keep faith in him or get a contract extension , as i said happy to see him move on , first year wonder , still .
I thought his arm ,once the ball bounced up , then moved forward promoting the ball. Maybe momentum carried his body forward too, maybe it would have been sufficient to get there, but I thought his arm moved forward promoting the ball. Bees dick in it so I wont whine too much, but I thought it worth a mention by sharks club to the relevant authorities just to let them know Sharks wont meekly accept any and all rulings against them.

Card Shark

Immortal
As a dragons fan watching this game, watching Moylan run around in the 6 reminded me very much of his mate Corey Norman, they could be twins, both absolutely useless. Just go through the motions, he has to go, drop him now I say, not up to NRL standards.
I don’t know why some think he will have changed in the off-season?
He looks like a stunned mullet half the time, a sign of a player with SFA confidence…a killer for a 1st grade career.
1 of our worst signings ever because that’s the trait he displayed when exiting the Panthers.
They have not missed him 1 iota.
If he’s to play, it’s 14. Come on when the defence is tired…don’t expect him to win us the game though, as a good 14 may do, he’s simply not up to it.

Special K

Coach
Kennedy was everywhere in D.

I counted Nicho getting tackled on the 4th five times. Can't have that. Bad miss by Nicho for a Raiders try. Can't have that.

Nichos goal kicking was fantastic. SJ and co woulda missed some of those.

Finucane is a beast.

Good to see Andrew get stuck in. Weird to see him and DF on the same team.

Brailey had a brain fart early but recovered well.

We did not try for a repeat set...

Hudson Young and Wighton always f**king kill us. Ballsy to go for a try at the end there!

If we win games we keep teams under 20 points. Letting 18 in the first killed any chance we had. One of the Raiders tries was flukey, one was good by them and another was a kick. You can cop those sorta ones but having them in quick fire was brutal.

Judge them after a month. Not 1-2 games.

Weaponhead

Coach

I counted Nicho getting tackled on the 4th five times. Can't have that. Bad miss by Nicho for a Raiders try. Can't have that.

Finucane is a beast.

Good to see Andrew get stuck in.

Hudson Young and Wighton always f**king kill us. Ballsy to go for a try at the end there!

If we win games we keep teams under 20 points. Letting 18 in the first killed any chance we had. One of the Raiders tries was flukey, one was good by them and another was a kick. You can cop those sorta ones but having them in quick fire was brutal.

Agree. All of that stuff is fixable.

Hynes tried a bit too hard. He needs to remember that he has to wear the boiler suit before he can wear the dinner suit. Play physical and make the tackles then the attack will flow. They need more options for the end of set if Hynes is out of play.

Tiger Shark

Bench

Hynes tried a bit too hard. He needs to remember that he has to wear the boiler suit before he can wear the dinner suit. Play physical and make the tackles then the attack will flow. They need more options for the end of set if Hynes is out of play.
The amount of times he took on the line makes me think he had boiler suit in mind already. Johnson didn't take the line on that much in a season... atleast felt like it

Stake Removed

First Grade

I dont mind Hynes tackled on 5th, but either Moylan or Brailey need to be ready for 6th tackle option, i think thats where Trindall strength lays, Hynes is the dominant half it will allow Trindall to work himself into the game.

On last not sure if Kennedy has short kicking game in him, but that is other option.

We miss Graham as that option as well

R-15-3

Bench
Kennedy was everywhere in defence but needs to be more aware of standing to the open side when defending the line he got caught out standing on the short side a number of times and ending up 1 sec behind where he needed to be.

Weaponhead

Coach
The amount of times he took on the line makes me think he had boiler suit in mind already. Johnson didn't take the line on that much in a season... atleast felt like it
Agree that he took on the line well and that's a real positive. Needs more boiler suit in defence though. More physicality will be the message from the coach IMO

Finucane is a beast.

Good to see Andrew get stuck in. Weird to see him and DF on the same team.

giphy.gif

imasharkie

Coach
He can kick a field goal.