What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Geelong

Evenflow

Bench
lol
its obvious Scott is not after the minor premiership as he's rotating about 6 or 7 key players every week,

the reason we got an easy run home is because we already played and beat the top 8 teams from last season and we beat them all away from home, including Collingwood

LOL it's blatantly obvious why Scotty isn't worried about the MP, he knows there's no chance of winning it so why would he worry about it? They only have to finish second which they will comfortably so that's the only reason why he's not concentrating on top spot.

It's hardly relevent where teams finished last season, i mean if you want to go there we can also point out that the 2 losses you've had this year was against last years wooden spooners and also the team that finished 3rd last ;-)

Another great win from the Pies today as well, stayed in first gear for 3/4 of the game and went into overdrive in the last quarter when it counted to bury them. The juggernaut continues........

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
god you talk some shit, obviously a Collingwood fan

we beat the pies in the last round and we win the minor premiership, why woud Scott possibly think he has no chance ?

we've already beaten them once

Evenflow

Bench
lol no need to get nasty just because you don't like what i'm saying Twiz. You can live on past glories all you like if that makes you feel better but the facts are what happened in round 8 or even last year when we beat you in the finals means sweet f**k all, just like the result of round 24 as well.

You talk about Scotty rotating players but lets not forget the Pies also had the likes of Dawes, Didak, Shaw, Thomas, Toovey and Wellingham out today who all played in last years flag. Not to mention the Cats have only used 3 more players than the Pies this deep into the season so it's not like you've been at any great disadvantage in that respect.

One thing i'm sure we'll agree on is a Pies v cats grand final. Can't wait.

Tommy Smith

Referee
god you talk some shit, obviously a Collingwood fan

we beat the pies in the last round and we win the minor premiership, why woud Scott possibly think he has no chance ?

we've already beaten them once
Isn't it decided on % rather than head to head?

In which case the Pies have a virtually insurmountable % edge over Geelong so if they dont lose again until you meet then you can't possibly win the Minor Premiership.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Isn't it decided on % rather than head to head?

In which case the Pies have a virtually insurmountable % edge over Geelong so if they dont lose again until you meet then you can't possibly win the Minor Premiership.

currently level on points and yes its decided on %

Tommy Smith

Referee
But Collingwood have a game in hand.

So unless they lose before you meet again then it wont matter if you beat them...

But i suspect the Pies will have revenge in mind and definately wont want to go into the finals with their only two losses being against Geelong - so Pies by 50.

Evenflow

Bench
Wow, wasn't expecting that one, especially down at the Cattery where they're virtually unbeatable. Looks like the soft run leading up to the finals that was mentioned earlier in the thread has finally caught up with them, not surprising though.

Still not even guaranteed second spot either any more, that doesn't really matter though given they'll be playing Hawthorn either way. If they can beat the Hawks in week 1 which will be an absolute cracker of a game i don't think there's any doubt they'll make the GF but if they get done IMO they won't make it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
it was like there was a team of impostors out there

dont know how they could play so bad

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
what a limp wristed effort that was from Collingwood, hope they can at least give us a game next time we meet

Cloke = Taylor's bitch

Evenflow

Bench
Excellent footy from the Cats. They came to play, the Pies never and they rightly got smashed. I see the knives are already out with some questioning the Pies premiership credentials, how quickly they forget lol I think they'll get over West Coast next week and go through to the prelim.

Cats v Hawks will be a cracking game next week with the winner going to the other prelim and the loser moving over to Collingwood's side of the draw. Can't split these 2 and can quite easily see it going either way. The only certainty i think is that the GF winner will come from 1 of those 3 and to win it they will all have to beat both of the others to do it.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
dont think they could play that bad again, I just wonder what effect that thumping will have on them

sportive cupid

Referee
So the Cats might slip into the big one and avoid their Nemesis - the mighty Swannies untill the big day?
(oh Hell ,I hope there are some Aussie Bars in Vancouver to watch it)

Latest posts