What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Grand Final Team Vs Storm

Inferno

Coach
Unsurprisingly Flanno said tonight it's between Capewell, Taga and Paula for the final bench spot.

MilkShark

First Grade
Our bench needs to be:

Capewell - can cover anywhere
Heihington - good go forward, can produce offloads. GF experience
Bakuya - hopefully the good Bakuya
Tagatese - and pray to the lord he doesn't make any errors

millersnose

Post Whore
Lol

The taga error myth again

The fact is though the Sharks have the highest error rate in the comp

Our two top error makers are bird and Holmes with fifty errors between just those two players

If errors are a concern to the coach I suspect that's were he will be seeking to address it as it is by far the most awful combination handling wise in the team and could lead to tears if they don't pull their fingers out

Our bench needs to be:

Capewell - can cover anywhere
Heihington - good go forward, can produce offloads. GF experience
Bakuya - hopefully the good Bakuya
Tagatese - and pray to the lord he doesn't make any errors

Everyone has their opinions on the bench and that is fair enough.

In my opinion Capewell is similar to what Bukuya offers but way less experienced. The kid is a keeper but with only 4 First Grade games under his belt he is very green.

Taga offers something different that no other bench player has. Size and power. We only need 20 minutes of that from him while Fafita is off and he will keep our momentum going and keep a big body out there to contend with the big Melbourne pack.

Taga
Heino
Bukuya
Beale

Gives us the variety we need and more importantly the versatility to cover if something goes wrong.

Born BB&W

Juniors

In my opinion Capewell is similar to what Bukuya offers but way less experienced. The kid is a keeper but with only 4 First Grade games under his belt he is very green.

Taga offers something different that no other bench player has. Size and power. We only need 20 minutes of that from him while Fafita is off and he will keep our momentum going and keep a big body out there to contend with the big Melbourne pack.

Taga
Heino
Bukuya
Beale

Gives us the variety we need and more importantly the versatility to cover if something goes wrong.

This is how I feel too.

Yes KC has been solid but the NRL experience should get Bealy in front of him.

Taga adds monster off the bench.

shaggs

Coach
I would like to see a comparison between errors per minute per hit up in each 10m zone of the field divided by what lane they were in multiplied by the dew level.

Only that way can we see who should play.

MilkShark

First Grade

Taga
Heino
Bukuya
Beale

I just cannot see the value in having Beale on the bench.

Whilst I agree about Capewell being inexperienced, he played well and not let us down. He would enable us to have a forward / back on the bench. Beale on the bench won't get used in case one of our centres are injured. Wasted bench spot.

southland

Juniors
The thing about having KC on the bench is it projects confidence and puts a little question mark into both Bellamy and the storm players heads. Touch choice between Beale and Cape. Don't think we can go wrong. I believe Flan will go with Beale with Cape as 18th man. I personally would prefer to see Capewell there.

MilkShark

First Grade
At least if Capewell is on the bench we can sub him with forwards.

If Beale is on the bench he is waiting for an injury.

Weaponhead

Coach
We need Beale for insurance. We don't need KC to play 10 minutes.

Or maybe we do.
Agree. Beale is insurance for a back 5 injury or to shift Bird to lock if we need to play up tempo and chase points. Having Ennis as an 80 minute player gives the luxury of am insurance bench spot. Storm do this with Hampton.

Taga gives more options for prop rotation without losing size.

Bakuya and Heino have done the job all year.

shaggs

Coach
Agree. Beale is insurance for a back 5 injury or to shift Bird to lock if we need to play up tempo and chase points. Having Ennis as an 80 minute player gives the luxury of am insurance bench spot. Storm do this with Hampton.

Taga gives more options for prop rotation without losing size.

Bakuya and Heino have done the job all year.
Having Beale to sub on and move bird to lock for uptempo, basically gives you the same result as cape well coming on.
I think Beale gets the Guernsey

MilkShark

First Grade
Having Beale to sub on and move bird to lock for uptempo, basically gives you the same result as cape well coming on.
I think Beale gets the Guernsey
Except Beale will ONLY come on if we get an injury.
Capewell can play centre or backrow. He can be used in the forwards rotations unlike Beale who will be sitting on the sideline doing a crossword puzzle

Last edited:

PHaTMaN

Juniors
I reckon Taga makes more errors than anyone using any sensible metric

I still want him on the bench tho.

Tough call for Flange. The starters all play 60 mins plus so we don't need much time from our bench forwards. If we get an injury I'd much rather Beale in the centers or wing than Capewell. If we an injury in the forwards Heigno and Bakuya can play more minutes or Bird can always move to lock. I do like the look of KC but just not sure how he fits in to this team.