What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Bird charged with violent attack

If charges are dropped against Bird, should he return immediately?

• Yes

Votes: 85 50.9%
  • No

Votes: 77 46.1%
  • I don't know/maybe/depends, ie. I'm too weak to have an opinion

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Q

Coach
I think this sort of debate belongs in 4 corners, but just so you know Dave Q does have a point without the 'leftist bullsh*t'. There are much better alternatives, such as restorative justice measures, for lower level crimes than gaol which offer much smaller recidivism rates. It is at these levels which gaol needs to be avoided... But certainly for murder, sexual assault, and other violent crimes it is not wise to remove gaol sentences...

But back to the Bird thing, I'm sure his mum is upset... I would be too if I had fathered a brain dead twat...

Yes, gaol is a neccessary evil for some offenders and for some offences.

Maybe the inference to be drawn from Iris's list of excuses, fogging and squibbing, is that her son is somehow less culpable than the court found him to be.

This denial, misappropriation or disfgurement of the crime.....

Are these some of the values that Greg was raised with?

If so, are we entitled to be surprised at his decision to run his matters to hearing?

Last edited:

gunnamatta bay

Referee
I'm still none the wiser whether he is appealing the severity of his sentence or on all grounds. Anyone know?

Personally I would like to see what the prosecution actually have. By simply allowing the brief of evidence to be tendered while maintaining a not guilty plea does not make sense imo.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Youre a pathetic, dishonest, cowardly on-line bully who has his head fully stuck up his arse.

You deserve to be abused as much as possible.

OK but sadly for you I don't give a fugg what you think or say.

I do however take great delight at watching your magnificent suite of psychiatric symptoms.

You are quite probably THE maddest poster ever to grace LU.

Fair dinkum fruit loop.

Dave Q

Coach
OK but sadly for you I don't give a fugg what you think or say.

I do however take great delight at watching your magnificent suite of psychiatric symptoms.

You are quite probably THE maddest poster ever to grace LU.

Fair dinkum fruit loop.

You have a mind full of hatred and darkness. You delight in being an on-line thug and bully. Ive seen you abuse people many times for no good reason.

I take delight in watching you defend yourself your sorry, vulture-like and ultimately worthless, existence.

If I am crazy, you should be in a straight-jacket.

Frenzy.

Immortal
YAY YAY

It's Dave!!

OK forummers. Here is your task

From this small cluster of symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia pick the ones that Dave exhibits most often

Symptoms
Paranoid symptoms may range from mild to severe. They depend on the cause but, generally, a person who is paranoid may:
  • Be easily offended
  • Find it difficult to trust others
  • Not cope with any type of criticism
  • Assign harmful meanings to other people’s remarks
  • Be always on the defensive
  • Be hostile, aggressive and argumentative
  • Not be able to compromise
  • Find it difficult, if not impossible, to ‘forgive and forget’
  • Assume that people are talking ill of them behind their back
  • Be overly suspicious – for example, think that other people are lying or scheming to cheat them
  • Not be able to confide in anyone
  • Find relationships difficult
  • Consider the world to be a place of constant threat
  • Feel persecuted by the world at large
  • Believe in unfounded ‘conspiracy theories’.
By the way Dave, you didn't answer me. Are you stalking me?

Dave Q

Coach
I'm still none the wiser whether he is appealing the severity of his sentence or on all grounds. Anyone know?

Personally I would like to see what the prosecution actually have. By simply allowing the brief of evidence to be tendered while maintaining a not guilty plea does not make sense imo.

On an all grounds appeal, the defence have to make an application to the District Court for it to have regard to new evidence, otherwise His Honour goes with the transcript.

But Brad Walters got it wrong, its an appeal on severity. The defence has to argue that the sentance is too harsh.

Theres lots of things the defence can do, some of which I have outlined earlier.

One of the faves is the statistical argument, where if the numbers fall the right way, the lawyer will argue that the average sentence for these types of crimes as provided for by magistrates is less than that Bird recieved.

In some cases, the defendant will be put on the stand to give evidence.

Dave Q

Coach
YAY YAY

It's Dave!!

OK forummers. Here is your task

From this small cluster of symptoms of paranoid schizophrenia pick the ones that Dave exhibits most often

Symptoms

Paranoid symptoms may range from mild to severe. They depend on the cause but, generally, a person who is paranoid may:
  • Be easily offended
  • Find it difficult to trust others
  • Not cope with any type of criticism
  • Assign harmful meanings to other people’s remarks
  • Be always on the defensive
  • Be hostile, aggressive and argumentative
  • Not be able to compromise
  • Find it difficult, if not impossible, to ‘forgive and forget’
  • Assume that people are talking ill of them behind their back
  • Be overly suspicious – for example, think that other people are lying or scheming to cheat them
  • Not be able to confide in anyone
  • Find relationships difficult
  • Consider the world to be a place of constant threat
  • Feel persecuted by the world at large
  • Believe in unfounded ‘conspiracy theories’.
By the way Dave, you didn't answer me. Are you stalking me?

You are a class hater. You should also reveal the source of your points, are you passing them off as your own?

You are a whining, backsliding, ill-humoured and cowardly thug.

Get on your knees, go and polish your cyber-stalking mates.

Fugg this is pathetic. An allegedly grown man sooking on here about being called names.

There's a simple way to stop all this 'terror' that you are suffering Dave - don't f**kin log in. Simple.

And I don't think Frenz displays the symptoms but I'd suggest that he may know them very well. Probably sees them a fair bit though I imagine.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Ah Dave. I'm sure you are well familiar with DSM IV. You certainly feature in it prominently.

tsk tsk

Add lack of impulse control, lack of insight and severe anger management issues to the list now.

I think you could have dual diagnosis Davey. There's a fair bit of anti social personality disorder coming out in you.

Looking more and more like schizo-affective disorder with ASPD.

You're probably a dangerous person

Possible sociopath.

Can't wait for your neuroses to show as well.

You're a fun dude Dave

Mad as a cut snake but fun to read. You can't really be taken seriously, we understand.

Frenzy.

Immortal
Dave's gone to invisible.

wwwwwwwooooooooooooo

Gonna be some Dave abuse soon.

STALK ME DAVE.

STALK ME

carcharias

Immortal
sorry ..bump with

FORMER NRL star Greg Bird was helping a friend's drunk girlfriend out of a nightclub when two intoxicated women started attacking him, his lawyer has told a Sydney court.
Bird, who now plays rugby in France, appeared in Sutherland Local Court on Monday charged with assault.
He faces five charges, all relating to his alleged attack on Victoria Shannon at Fusions nightclub in Cronulla, in Sydney's south, in the early hours of January 19 last year.
During a brief opening address as Bird's three-day hearing commenced, his lawyer Patrick Conaghan said CCTV footage and evidence from security guards would show it was Bird was was under attack.
``He had been there only for a short time, consumed only a small amount of alcohol and was not intoxicated,'' Mr Conaghan told Magistrate Jayeanne Carney.
``(His friend's) girlfriend was extremely intoxicated and he was assisting his friend (to take her out of the club) when she came into contact with Victoria Shannon, who took issue to being struck and abused the girlfriend.
``Mr Bird said words to the effect of 'Chill out, just relax - she's drunk, she's going.'
``Ms Shannon replied 'You're nothing but a f***wit footballer.'''
Bird retorted, making some comments about Ms Shannon's tattoos, at which point the woman and her sister set upon Bird, Mr Conaghan told the court.
``It's the defence case that that can be supported by video evidence,'' he said.
``There's clearly two female persons attacking Mr Bird, and we can see Mr Bird in a defensive mode with his arms up being pursued.''
The hearing is continuing.
http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,25739049-5001021,00.html

millersnose

Post Whore
I turned around and saw it was Greg Bird and I was just, like, 'are you right?', and he started swearing and was, like, 'are you f***ing right?'."
She said Bird then took a glass Smirnoff Ice bottle and poured it over her head.
"He kept saying 'you f***ing s**t with tattoos' and I was, like, 'you don't even know who I am'," she said.
"And he got his bottle that he had tipped over me and he threw it at my head knocking my right earring out of my ear.
"(Then) he started getting really aggressive trying to throw punches."
Despite being held back by another man, three of the punches connected, Ms Shannon said.
"He was just swinging ... I was just standing in shock and trying to get him off me," she said.
http://www.watoday.com.au/breaking-...w-bottle-woman-tells-court-20090707-dba4.html

intriguing

the outcome will depend on the video i guess but the woman sounds like she was possibly a loon

though i have my doubts that bird is squeeky in this - he and women and glass objects seem to have a habit of grabbing headlines

carcharias

Immortal

Surely

Post Whore
link from article posted by millersnose

A woman who accuses former NRL star Greg Bird of assaulting her in a Sydney club denies she was drunk but admits to memory lapses of the night.
Victoria Shannon, 21, told a court that Bird was only half a metre away when he threw a bottle at her head, swung punches at her breasts, swore at and insulted her after an encounter outside the toilets at Fusions in Cronulla.

:lol:

THE doctor who examined a woman claiming to have been assaulted by former NRL star Greg Bird has told a Sydney court the woman had a lump on her scalp and a tender sternum.
But she had no other visible injuries.

Dr Ching Khoo examined Victoria Shannon the afternoon after the alleged incident in the early hours of January 19, 2008.

Ms Shannon, 21, accuses the one-time Cronulla Shark of swinging punches at her breasts and swearing at and insulting her at the Fusions nightclub in Cronulla.

She also alleges she was left bleeding and shaking after Bird hit her in the head with a glass drink bottle.

Bird is facing a hearing in Sutherland Local Court on five charges relating to the alleged attack.

In his evidence to the court, Dr Khoo said he was relying on notes and partial memories of the consultation.

He told the court he did not write in his notes that Ms Shannon said she was punched three or five times.

"I examined the upper sternum and it was tender,'' he said.

Bird's lawyer Patrick Conaghan asked the doctor if he noted a cut ear or dried blood.

Dr Khoo told the court he didn't but would have taken notes about it if Ms Shannon had mentioned such injuries.

He told the court her injuries were consistent with the attack she described.

Later on Wednesday, Bird's lawyers will show CCTV footage from the nightclub.

The hearing continues before Magistrate Jayeanne Carney.

http://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,27574,25750965-5006009,00.html

Starting to sound a bit dodgy sisters.

Quigs

Immortal
I'm a bit worried bout the Doc.

Name sounds a bit shonky to me.

Although I was a bit worried about Dr Rodney Papovnik when the late Class'ee Fred Blassie mentioned that Doctor Rodney was treating George the Animal Steel. But sure as sh!t Dr Rodney Papovnik was able to successfully get the Animal talking again.

Didn't stop him chewing the turnbuckles, but he could finally talk.

Cheers
Declared Idiot #88
Quigs

Status
Not open for further replies.