What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greg Inglis out for 6 months?

rabbitohs95

Bench
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/03/04/alcatel_update_greg_.html
What is bizarre is how on earth the medical staff didn't pick up it was this serious and allowed him to continue. Most medical staff in the game can generally pick when it is something structural and often get the player replaced straight. I just wonder if he aggravated it by continuing!
They claimed it didn't get any worse after they left him on. I do agree it was a bizarre option though.

Oh well AJ gets his chance to shine at fullback and we get to see a youngster fill in his gap on the wing. Always a silver lining.

callmack1

Staff member
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't describe how devastated I am. I really can't. My favourite player, our captain, our best player gone. It almost feals like there's been a death in the family. I knew GI not having strapping was too good to be true.

A season with so much promise, so much hope, all destroyed in one night. I'm so passionate about the club and there are lterally tears in my eyes as I type this. I am guttered.

southsport

First Grade
There is a curse on us for 2017, Gray injured in the nines, Adam just prior to Rd #1 and now GI gone already.

Pommy

Coach
GI knew it was bad last night. It was all over his face, I'm not shocked one bit, I think he was trying to kid himself by carrying on. From my limited knowledge I don't think playing on will have made the injury any worse, once your ACL is f**ked its f**ked.

AJ had a great game in the CS and whilst I would much prefer GI to be fit we have to take that as a positive.
I don't think losing GI as captain is a huge loss as I've stated on here I don't rate him in that role.

Sam has to step up in to that role now, whilst stepping up his play or he could finding himself captaining the bears with his brothers if he's not careful.

We might as well push on with the youth and giving them experience for the rest of this season make sure 2017 counts for something.

I only considered ourselves to have an outside chance previously but now I think our season is probably over. Got HSC exams in October so at least I won't have finals footy to distract me. lol

Rabbits20

Immortal
They claimed it didn't get any worse after they left him on. I do agree it was a bizarre option though.

Oh well AJ gets his chance to shine at fullback and we get to see a youngster fill in his gap on the wing. Always a silver lining.
f**k. Season over.

We can't make the 8.

Mark my words.

Rabbits20

Immortal
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I can't describe how devastated I am. I really can't. My favourite player, our captain, our best player gone. It almost feals like there's been a death in the family. I knew GI not having strapping was too good to be true.

A season with so much promise, so much hope, all destroyed in one night. I'm so passionate about the club and there are lterally tears in my eyes as I type this. I am guttered.
That's the passion I want to see more of on here bro.

callmack1

Staff member
What makes it hard was that he said he felt the best he had in years and I thought he was going to a massive season. I am just devastated.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Obviously it sucks that he's injured, but now it's time for AJ and burns to shine.
We can only hope that he gets back sooner and we have no more injuries.

It's round 1 and it was a disaster. It can only get better from here. The boys will be wanting to prove that making the 8 isn't out of reach without Inglis. Let's get behind em and push them up there!

JetRider

Juniors
Really bad news and we seem to get no luck at all. I am not sure that AJ is our best option at Full back but at least he will get experience there.

I agree with others that this is an opportunity to get some young players into the team. Sam as captain is a better option and we need to aim up, maybe this disaster toughens the team up.

The balance of the team is poor, how do you not play those in form e.g Burns and Crichton?

Time to get the selections right, give us some grunt in the forwards, pace in the backs and a bench that adds something.

DiegoNT

First Grade
Burns fullback. Baptism of fire. Need a fullback for not only this year, but also next year as gi will likely be centre. Aj or Walker ain't the answer

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Burns fullback. Baptism of fire. Need a fullback for not only this year, but also next year as gi will likely be centre. Aj or Walker ain't the answer
Walker definetly isn't. IF burns has played fullback and is comfortable, sure. If not then to the wing and AJ to fullback.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade

Well we're going to find out. Talk about a chance for our younger players to step up. this is like the Penrith situation a few years ago.

DiegoNT

First Grade
There's always options. George Burgess seems on the outer, and some teams are real short of forwards. Cowboys for example are really short in the front row, and maybe a swap for ponga or coote could work out. Warriors are lacking up front, maybe fusitua or lolahea could be worked out.