What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gus is of the humble opinion that it was a Penalty Try.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
20 odd years of Vautin is suddenly forgotten?

No one has ever thrown a tanty quite like Gus' on Sunday night. You could hear the anger in his voice. I bet he was pounding the table with his fist each time he angrily repeated himself.

I bet he was shaking with rage. That's taking commentary bias too far.

He may as well have been any one of us sitting at home blowing up about a play that went against us. It was unprofessional.

carcharias

Immortal
No one has ever thrown a tanty quite like Gus' on Sunday night. You could hear the anger in his voice. I bet he was pounding the table with his fist each time he angrily repeated himself.

He may as well have been any one of us sitting at home blowing up about a play that went against us. It was unprofessional.

Ha
Yeah right.

He has you blokes f**ked.
It’s his job to carry on like a knob
It’s our job not to buy his bullshit
...at the end of the day he was 100% correct.
Even Johnathan “it’s a NSW conspiracy “ Thurston agreed.

King hit

Coach
Who the f**k cares if Gould was biased. It’s not like Wally, Lockyer, Tallis, Ikin and Vautin aren’t known for cheering Queensland teams. Remember Fatty exploding with joy when Coyne snatched the opener in 94

And Gould was right, it was a penalty try no doubt about it

typicalfan

Coach
I can live with the call but I reserve the right to point out that Boyd Cordner is a pathetic low merkin diver, a diver who took a dive, faked getting knocked over to manipulate the outcome, a cheat if you will. A successful cheat, but a dirty low-down javelin-headed grub of an unsportsmanlike piece of excrement who is willing to trade the spirit of the game for a few seconds of fleeting glory by pretending to be obliterated by a tiny halfback who barely moved.
Did you see Josh McGuire super grub standing over Trbojevic taking credit for a hit Ponga made?

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Ha
Yeah right.

He has you blokes f**ked.
It’s his job to carry on like a knob
It’s our job not to buy his bullshit
...at the end of the day he was 100% correct.
Even Johnathan “it’s a NSW conspiracy “ Thurston agreed.

Reading the above I can only surmise that you agree with everything that I posted.

carcharias

Immortal
Reading the above I can only surmise that you agree with everything that I posted.

You reckon no one has thrown a tanty like gus did .
You ever see Ricky
Or
Tallis at Gallen for punching Myles
Or
Tooves
Or
JT
Or
Flanno
Or
Belllamy
Or
MARY

I can’t even work out what team you were going for.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
You reckon no one has thrown a tanty like gus did .
You ever see Ricky
Or
Tallis at Gallen for punching Myles
Or
Tooves
Or
JT
Or
Flanno
Or
Belllamy
Or
MARY

I can’t even work out what team you were going for.

Only one of all the names you mentioned is even close to a commentator.

billygilmore

Juniors
What does that have to do with Cordner's dive?

Although Cordner’s dive was Christiano Ronaldo esque in its grace he did the right thing, if he stumbles a bit but still gets a play at the ball and doesn’t score the blues probably don’t get a penalty try

carcharias

Immortal
Only one of all the names you mentioned is even close to a commentator.

Have you not heard any commentary?
They go off all he time at refereeing decisions.
Way more than Gould did.

Gould’s wasn’t even a tanty
He actually called the decision correct.

Danish

Referee
I can live with the call but I reserve the right to point out that Boyd Cordner is a pathetic low merkin diver, a diver who took a dive, faked getting knocked over to manipulate the outcome, a cheat if you will. A successful cheat, but a dirty low-down javelin-headed grub of an unsportsmanlike piece of excrement who is willing to trade the spirit of the game for a few seconds of fleeting glory by pretending to be obliterated by a tiny halfback who barely moved.

10/10 butt hurt

Reactions: gUt

TheFrog

Coach

You watched Tallis on Qlders Only last evening?

At least Gould understands the rules of the game.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
You watched Tallis on Qlders Only last evening?

At least Gould understands the rules of the game.

No I don't watch QLDrs only, but I would suggest that he is being paid to provide his opinion (as boneheaded as it may be). Gus is being paid to provide colour commentary and expert analysis. I doubt anyone received any enjoyment or enlightenment from Gus angrily repeating himself.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Have you not heard any commentary?
They go off all he time at refereeing decisions.
Way more than Gould did.

Gould’s wasn’t even a tanty
He actually called the decision correct.

What about calling the correct decision stops it from being a tanty? He still lost his shit and angrily repeated himself in the lead up to the VR decision. Much like you are doing now.

Frank_Grimes

First Grade
Although Cordner’s dive was Christiano Ronaldo esque in its grace he did the right thing, if he stumbles a bit but still gets a play at the ball and doesn’t score the blues probably don’t get a penalty try

That's not the point I'm arguing. I'm not saying it wasn't a penalty try. More pondering why so many around here can't simply debate an issue without having to bring up another topic.