What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How would you brand a club based in Christchurch?

Perth Red

Post Whore
Perth numbers for crowds and junior pathways will always be behind any NZ bid..

If they ever lifted their head above the trench, then big Daddy AFL ( who you respect so much) would nuke them into oblivion by dropping a new AFL team or two on their head

Their benefit to the NRL is as a TV time slot for the East Coast … not pathways
Warriors avg is 14.1k for their lifetime. It’s not unrealistic to say a second nz club will likey be smaller given the markets people are talking about them being located in. I wouldn’t be so sure.

jnrs no argument, not so much numbers but the fact that rl is suited to the nz and islander body type so you will always have more come through the grades due to their natural size. Far fewer white Australians with their build.

AFL will always been dominate in perth, Storm have carved out a strong following in a city with 9 afl teams, I’m sure nrl can in perth. Just like the dolphins won’t make any difference to lions supporter base a third perth afl team (which won’t happen) won’t make any difference to the rugby league base here either.

BuffaloRules

Coach
Warriors avg is 14.1k for their lifetime. It’s not unrealistic to say a second nz club will likey be smaller given the markets people are talking about them being located in. I wouldn’t be so sure.

jnrs no argument, not so much numbers but the fact that rl is suited to the nz and islander body type so you will always have more come through the grades due to their natural size. Far fewer white Australians with their build.

AFL will always been dominate in perth, Storm have carved out a strong following in a city with 9 afl teams, I’m sure nrl can in perth. Just like the dolphins won’t make any difference to lions supporter base a third perth afl team (which won’t happen) won’t make any difference to the rugby league base here either.
Look forward … not to the past…the landscape doesn’t stay the same …

It’s certainly not unreasonable To expect a second NZ team to average over 15k …

The difference between the Lions and any Perth NRL team is 30 years and three premierships …it’s going to be interesting to see what the AFL does to crush then from the start

BuffaloRules

Coach
Anyway .. congratulations to St Thomas of Canterbury College who won the NZ Secondary Schools Tournament earlier this month

Apparently this was the first time in 23 years that a team from outside Auckland won this competition ..

Look forward … not to the past…the landscape doesn’t stay the same …

It’s certainly not unreasonable To expect a second NZ team to average over 15k …

The difference between the Lions and any Perth NRL team is 30 years and three premierships …it’s going to be interesting to see what the AFL does to crush then from the start

You bring up a very good point about AwFuL. They're not going to sit by and let a Perth-based NRL team have an easy run. They'll probably end up running a Magic Round of their own in Perth and think seriously about adding a team in Joondalup.

Kerry Stokes is a Western Australian and owns Ch7. He'll not going to allow a sport that's on Ch9 to gain any free marketing on his network.

This year there were nine AwFuL games played in Perth in the 4pm Sun AWST time slot. I suspect AwFuL would increase that number if we added an NRL team. A third Perth team would allow AwFuL to have a game in this slot every week. A Perth-based NRL team would not want to schedule its games at the same time as the Eagles, Dockers or WA3.

Latest posts