What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Huge wrap on Parramatta Eels' 17-year-old Bevan French

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Overeaction much???

They cut you off at a Ballistic early last night???

We keep hearing how much they all love BA and love playing for him and offering shit sandwiches on game day.

Where did I say it was all BA’s fault, it’s a combination of every single merkin at the club atm.

It’s all BA’s fault!

It’s all BA’s fault!

It’s all BA’s fault!

JokerEel

Coach
Rucking the ball only became an issue since Semi left the club...

Why did they swap French? He was on the left scoring tries then they moved him to the right this season?

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Rucking the ball only became an issue since Semi left the club...

Why did they swap French? He was on the left scoring tries then they moved him to the right this season?
He was on the right in previous years with Radradra on the left. By the time French came back into the team, George Jennings was on the right with his brother.

JokerEel

Coach
He was on the right in previous years with Radradra on the left. By the time French came back into the team, George Jennings was on the right with his brother.

Right left Right left..

I ment Right now he is on left.. scored some nice individual tries on the right..(or was that the left...)

Gronk

Staff member
From the vault

why bother he will be playing for the dogs in 4 years anyway

What a great debut by our future fullback. Did nothing wrong all night. Scored a try and saved us with a great defensive effort in the end. Welcome to first grade young man. :thumb:thumb:thumb
Let's not get too carried away with French. He (and Gutho, Alvaro and Kaysa to an extent) are still boys playing with men.
Gronk. FFS

bloody hell Gronk :roll:
I'm having flashbacks of the Connor Broadhurst thread. :lol:

#undersiege

200.gif

Last edited:

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Laugh all you want, but if he leaves and plays fullback he could end up tearing us a new arsehole every year. Though giving up on the Don chase tonight was a worrying sign. Glad he was immediately hooked for Salmon.

Gronk

Staff member
Laugh all you want, but if he leaves and plays fullback he could end up tearing us a new arsehole every year. Though giving up on the Don chase tonight was a worrying sign. Glad he was immediately hooked for Salmon.

I prefer he stays, gets on the roids and sees a shrink.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Me too. But there's a chance he will never realise his potential in the NRL, even if he goes to a club that can offer him a fullback spot. He hasn't been the same since he got injured early last year.

Me too. But there's a chance he will never realise his potential in the NRL, even if he goes to a club that can offer him a fullback spot. He hasn't been the same since he got injured early last year.

frankly i'd prefer someone else take the punt on him
he just doesn't offer enough apart from speed and when he slows down due to age or injury what else does he have left?

Gazzamatta

Coach
5 games left. Put him at fullback. Gutho in the centers and Hayne to wing. Absolutely not a winger. To my mind it should have happened already. Get busy BA ffs.

5 games left. Put him at fullback. Gutho in the centers and Hayne to wing. Absolutely not a winger. To my mind it should have happened already. Get busy BA ffs.

we already tried him at fullback and he was constantly ragdolled into touch and a few tries were scored because he was caught out in the wrong position

Gronk

Staff member

After yesterday’s effort, and last weeks 19 run metres, why should any coach reward him with his preferred position ?

Our fullback last night ran 200+m and ran flat out into the line without any thought of self preservation.

If he wants to be a fullback, then he should go to Wenty, run 200m, score a bunch, TA a bunch and make his form demand selection. That’s the way it usually works anyway.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
we already tried him at fullback and he was constantly ragdolled into touch and a few tries were scored because he was caught out in the wrong position
Every fullback is out of position at times. And if a fullback is getting thrown into touch he is spending too much time near the sideline.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Cant argue with any of that. If its a confidence thing why not try if hes with us for another year. Id love to see Gutho in the centers and Hayne on the wing and I think thats a way for it to happen. I didnt mind the Norman to 1 suggestion either with Salmon at 6 and Gutho inside Hayne. One think is sure and certain though and that is Bevan cant be selected at wing ever again. Its been diagolical for months and last night was a Sandow type performance. Utter garbage.

Cant argue with any of that. If its a confidence thing why not try if hes with us for another year. Id love to see Gutho in the centers and Hayne on the wing and I think thats a way for it to happen. I didnt mind the Norman to 1 suggestion either with Salmon at 6 and Gutho inside Hayne. One think is sure and certain though and that is Bevan cant be selected at wing ever again. Its been diagolical for months and last night was a Sandow type performance. Utter garbage.

dump him to wenty and bring one of the juniors up