What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mojo

Bench
It'll be non-stop noise until he gets what he wants.

Provided the Dragons get the better deal, I wouldn't be that concerned if he left at seasons send, or sooner.

Onward and upward.
Absolutely. All he and his manager need to do is to encourage one of his heartbroken suitors to put an offer on the table. Whinge, whinge, whine .... they can't even initiate a deal themselves - let alone close one. His manager is proving himself to be incompetent. If he had any brains he should have advised Ben not to extend his contract with us. They seem to think all they have to do is put Ben in the shop-window and expect a stampede.

Exsilium

First Grade
Absolutely. All he and his manager need to do is to encourage one of his heartbroken suitors to put an offer on the table. Whinge, whinge, whine .... they can't even initiate a deal themselves - let alone close one. His manager is proving himself to be incompetent. If he had any brains he should have advised Ben not to extend his contract with us. They seem to think all they have to do is put Ben in the shop-window and expect a stampede.

I think BH having a contract works in your favour at this point. You'll reject anything and everything until it suits the club moving forward.

Go back a decade and the discussion around fighting to keep a 32yr old halfback rarer than hens teeth.

Mojo

Bench
I think BH having a contract works in your favour at this point. You'll reject anything and everything until it suits the club moving forward.

Go back a decade and the discussion around fighting to keep a 32yr old halfback rarer than hens teeth.
Exactly. I'm glad he and his manager are so obviously up themselves. The Muppets dealt us a winning hand and they obviously still don't get it.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
So he wanted Griffin to stay the whole of 2023 no matter how bad they were going? Wow talk about being selfish. The team was going terrible yet all he cared about was keeping it that way so he can have his mate as coach.

As for Kikau, as if he was ever going to join Saints. He wanted to go to the Dogs because of Baz apparently so they had no hope of getting him. Baz then got sacked and he still ended up going as he got the other Penrith Assistant. Nobody wanted to come to Saints because of Hook especially any panthers players. From what I heard they hated him and could not wait to see the back of him. There are so many lame excuses coming out that it is laughable.

Mojo

Bench
So he wanted Griffin to stay the whole of 2023 no matter how bad they were going? Wow talk about being selfish. The team was going terrible yet all he cared about was keeping it that way so he can have his mate as coach.

As for Kikau, as if he was ever going to join Saints. He wanted to go to the Dogs because of Baz apparently so they had no hope of getting him. Baz then got sacked and he still ended up going as he got the other Penrith Assistant. Nobody wanted to come to Saints because of Hook especially any panthers players. From what I heard they hated him and could not wait to see the back of him. There are so many lame excuses coming out that it is laughable.
Plus Kikau is busted anyway!
I honestly think Hunt and his mates believe they are a special breed of RL geniuses.

TruSaint

Referee
As inept as our board is, surely no one believes Hunt was given assurances such as keeping Hook.

For him / his manager to spill their guts and bring in 3rd party names like Kikau is sickening.

I said when this saga started, Hunt needed Hook to keep control of his 7 spot, high salary, and other demands.

Saints stood firm on not releasing him. Good.

Now, do the next step and drop him to ressies. He has been a thorn in this side for too long. Season is done. Send a message.. If you treat this club with such disdain, there will be consequences.

Having him play again in the Red V at NRL level is now off the table.

Sayonara Ben K Hunt.

Sage63

Juniors
As inept as our board is, surely no one believes Hunt was given assurances such as keeping Hook.

For him / his manager to spill their guts and bring in 3rd party names like Kikau is sickening.

I said when this saga started, Hunt needed Hook to keep control of his 7 spot, high salary, and other demands.

Now, do the next step and drop him to ressies. He has been a thorn in this side for too long. Season is done. Send a message.. If you treat this club with such disdain, there will be consequences.

Sayonara Ben K Hunt.

The bloke is a selfish twat

He wanted a clause in his contract guaranteeing Hook remain coach or he could walk. The club didn’t grant his request.

If he were a top class player he should have been able to attract similar players but in reality all he could attract were has been busted broncos.

He should be dropped to 2nds after this last saga and be left to rot there until the club draws an acceptable offer for him,

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

Sayonara Ben K Hunt.

Yep. Load of crap. No club would ever give a player, any player, those sort of assurances.

56to66

Juniors
BH is like a Cheating Husband, leaving his wife and children, without paying Child support, he needs to play in ressies until a deal is struck, with the club that wants him, eye for a eye, player for players!

Latest posts