What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hunt has asked for a release

SHOULD BEN HUNT BE MOVED ON BEFORE THE 2024 SEASON?

• Yes

Votes: 20 95.2%
  • No

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dragonslayer

First Grade
So, what happens after Origin 3?

As it appears, Bud will be out (I hope it's just a twinge, but it didn't look good), so who plays half?

Again, we are in a fight for the wooden spoon, however, Hunt's last 2 "games" have been just deplorable. So, do we risk promoting young Herring, or just go with Hunt?

My thoughts are this: If Hunt really wants out, then I would condition his release by stating that if he can get us to avoid the spoon then he'll be able to negotiate a suitable release that is amicable to both parties. But that's the conditional.

The idea has merit, but I would prefer to see the board act /override coach and just do it.
That would show that despite the clubs current position ,they are not going to be pushed around by a petulant spoilt brat.
At the moment Hunt is doing a ton of damage to the club ,yet still fronting up for his salary and seems to have no concept of how hard he is crapping all over the club.

Plenty of his rubbish performances over the years have contributed to the clubs current position.

He is acting like a DOG treat him like one.
This is no defence of [H]unt, but the single biggest contributor in turning the club into a basket case is the BOD. You are validating this decrepit mob.

SEAT 1A

Bench
My thoughts are this: If Hunt really wants out, then I would condition his release by stating that if he can get us to avoid the spoon then he'll be able to negotiate a suitable release that is amicable to both parties. But that's the conditional.

Tell him, stop the media BS and do his frogging job. If he can't do it for the other players, he's got a problem.

sammymills

Juniors
The Hunt clusterf**k all started with the Jetski.

Imbecile Mc Fookknuckle created a false impression for Hunt and kept reinforcing it.

Hunt was anything but 1 of the boys at the Broncos and has been anything but 1 of the boys in his time with us.

He looks and acts like a bit of a social misfit but not surprising after all he is a Queenslander.
What happened with the JetSki? All I can remember is McGregor showed up on the beach on a JetSki or something isn’t it?

TruSaint

Referee
What happened with the JetSki? All I can remember is McGregor showed up on the beach on a JetSki or something isn’t it?

40ce08990285f96f8f8d72231ea1c71c

Old Timer

Coach
Correct

Our coach decided to take the casual approach to his dealings with a potential new signing emphasising how good the lifestyle was.

One would have thought it would have been about how professional we were, how good a squad we actually had and would have moving forward and of course what a great coach he was himself.

Having said that the Jetski and lifestyle do sort of make sense don't they.

ChocOConnor

Juniors
Your prospective boss rides in on a jet ski to impress you. Really?
Says a lot about Mary being a moron and Hunt only being interested in $$$ caise if my future boss rode in on a jet ski for a power impression I would have realised these guys are to laid back to be in a professional sport and try to win a premiership.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors

As it appears, Bud will be out (I hope it's just a twinge, but it didn't look good), so who plays half?

Again, we are in a fight for the wooden spoon, however, Hunt's last 2 "games" have been just deplorable. So, do we risk promoting young Herring, or just go with Hunt?

I get what you're saying, but if the team plays better without Hunt, how can they have him back in the team? We might be better off with Mbye, who at least is still respected. Mbye is playing for his future too, so he's more likely to have a go.

Not really sure what the answer is, so just tossing around ideas.

BLM01

First Grade

Hunt staying to season end and playing 1st grade

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I thought Mbye did a pretty good job at fullback when he played there last year. And he should be able to organise the line defence. Not sure about Sloan at half though.
Me either really mate; just thinking of the long game here a bit. I thought MBye was pretty composed at FB as well and I don't believe Sloane best position is a five- eighth for many reasons so maybe an interim run at half through injuries etc; he get his hands on the ball a bit more and build his confidence and experience and feel for the game closer to the action in the top grade for a couple of weeks whilst the others are out….

BLM01

First Grade
Me either really mate; just thinking of the long game here a bit. I thought MBye was pretty composed at FB as well and I don't believe Sloane best position is a five- eighth for many reasons so maybe an interim run at half through injuries etc; he get his hands on the ball a bit more and build his confidence and experience and feel for the game closer to the action in the top grade for a couple of weeks whilst the others are out….
I disagree. Sloane's best position in the NRL is at fullback chiming into the backline or the following the ball carrier.
Being only 20 he has to work hard on the effort areas and defensive + bomb taking side of the game which will give him confidence. He has the shape and physique with a bit of muscle added to be a great fullback

dragonreddy

Juniors
This is no defence of [H]unt, but the single biggest contributor in turning the club into a basket case is the BOD. You are validating this decrepit mob.
Agree with you OV ,I have been a very vocal critic of the board for the past decade and there has to be a complete change in the way the operate, the proof is in the pudding.
However in this case I would just like to see some balls from them and drop this overpaid myth to reserve grade ,regardless of the board Hunt is being completely disrespectful ,especially considering the money he has been paid for not very much in tangible return.