What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idris

Kilkenny

Coach
He is an exciting signing for the Tigers just as he was for the Panthers and before them the Titans.

Idris however is an enigma and I wouldn't pin to much faith in him to deliver week in week out. There will be highlights I'm sure, he is very solid defensively, but not sure he will ever quite reach the ability he showed in attack from his Bulldog days.

This is a signing that we'd have ordinarily let through to the keeper in years past while everyone else clamoured on it.

Kilkenny

Coach
We're used to enigmas at the Tigers, so he'll fit right in.
Seriously, I think he's a good signing and worth a try.
I agree he is worth a try. He is exciting and the kids love him so will be good for bringing extra fans thru the gates.

Billythekid

First Grade
He is an exciting signing for the Tigers just as he was for the Panthers and before them the Titans.

Idris however is an enigma and I wouldn't pin to much faith in him to deliver week in week out. There will be highlights I'm sure, he is very solid defensively, but not sure he will ever quite reach the ability he showed in attack from his Bulldog days.

IMO he reached his peak at the Titans not the dogs. For a while there he was the best centre in the league. He carried the Titans attack and led them near the top of the ladder, once he got injured they fell to pieces.

It's not just his attack either, he was one of the only players in the league with the physical presence to shut down the likes of Inglis. He brings a lot of size next to Moses which is desperately needed.

He might not come close to reaching those heights again but he has he potential to be the best signing in the league next year. I'm hoping he performs because at his best he's fantastic to watch. With Moses, Tedesco and nofo around him it's an exciting prospect.

Vic Mackey

Referee
was interested to see that Idris isnt in the nominees for the Indigenous All Star Team and that Taylor has said he wont be playing in the 9s. I would have thought at least 1 of these would be a great way to ease him back into the game. anyways he seems to be doing well at pre season, very much looking forward to seeing him in our first trial game.

BrotherJim05

Bench
Its been reported he's dropped down to his regular playing weight at like 105-110 kg or something. Can't remember where I read this

Vic Mackey

Referee
Its been reported he's dropped down to his regular playing weight at like 105-110 kg or something. Can't remember where I read this

He came in on pre season day 1 at 123kgs. They wanted him to get to 114kgs and he checked in after the Xmas break at 114.5kgs. Apparently this is deemed his ideal weight so well done to him for reaching it.

Kilkenny

Coach
Interested to hear your thoughts on Jamal Idris thus far.

Despite the hype he has been a little quiet thus far. In my opinion he needs to be starting in the centres and would offer more than your current starting centres. He is a very good defender at the very least. Having him off the bench is a waste of time in my opinion.

I sincerely hope he has a good season with you guys, he is a fan favourite particularly with the kids, but as I have alluded to earlier his hype can sometimes overshadow his actual performances.

Tiger Ted

Bench
Terrible so far. Hopefully he comes good.
The ideal situation fou us re the 3/4 lineup is a fit idris + Suli in the centres & obviously Nofa & someone who can defend & catch on the other wing.We cannot continue to persist with Kev & chee-kam in the centres!