What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

If NSW lose this years series should Laurie Daley be sacked?

Should Laurie Daley be sacked as NSW coach if they lose this year?

• YES - Sack him, he must go?

Votes: 27 75.0%
  • NO - Let him stay

Votes: 9 25.0%

• Total voters

Hawkins

Juniors
be careful mate, you'll be accused of a similar agenda of club supporter supporting one of their own.

imagine if qld spoke of langer the same way we speak of laurie....there's absolutely zero pride in the blue shirt. smh

Fair point but I only supported Canberra when I moved here in 2012.

I liked Daley for the 1990's and NSW and still think we could replace him rather than sack him. He's not JT afterall

Mr Saab

Referee
When/If NSW lose then Daley has to go. It will be a record 4th series loss, the most in NSW history.
Bellamy has three (3peat loss)

King hit

Coach
If you like it or not regardless of what happens Daley will forever be the man who was the coach who ended QLDs run of wins

Queensland loyalty - LOL.

Remember how they f**ked off DCE after a few games when they found out he was a dud? Or Ash Graham, Shillington, Hannat, McQueen etc after a few average games? QLD areant affraid to whield the axe when needed and that's why they've been so successful - they can identify a dud and get rid of them while boasting about loyalty to morons like Daley, Sterlo, Bozzo who lap it up and continue to persisit with proven failures.

King hit

Coach
Or Matt Bowen, Ty Williams, Rhys Wesser, Antonio Kaufisi, Danny Nutley, Dane Carlaw, Scott Sattler, Shannon Hegarty etc. They would have some stories how the Maroons always are loyal no matter what.

Remember how they f**ked off DCE after a few games when they found out he was a dud? Or Ash Graham, Shillington, Hannat, McQueen etc after a few average games? QLD areant affraid to whield the axe when needed and that's why they've been so successful - they can identify a dud and get rid of them while boasting about loyalty to morons like Daley, Sterlo, Bozzo who lap it up and continue to persisit with proven failures.

I said the same about NSW imitating QLD's loyalty 6 years ago. Fine if you have talent to be loyal to. A massive blunder if you think that loyalty in and of itself is the correct formula.

NSW has always had the same problem. No match winners and loyalty to duds. Here's what I said about this subject 6 years ago.

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/t...rigin-team-game-2.384426/page-21#post-7465638

http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/t...ever-there-was-one.383120/page-7#post-7407810

TheFrog

Coach
Or Matt Bowen, Ty Williams, Rhys Wesser, Antonio Kaufisi, Danny Nutley, Dane Carlaw, Scott Sattler, Shannon Hegarty etc. They would have some stories how the Maroons always are loyal no matter what.
They are loyal no matter what so long as they win.

Grail

Juniors
He shouldn't be sacked.

If the Blues lose, Daley should do the right thing and resign the position. It shouldn't require him to be sacked.

But going by how pig headed he can be with selections and game plans, he won't, so he should.

GongPanther

Referee
Daley's job will only be safe if he adopts a tactical player change on Wednesday 1 hour before kick-off.

It will be deemed as a master stroke.

Lull QLD into a false sense of security by losing 8 in a row. Then catch them by surprise by winning one series.

Say isn't that the plan that NSW have already been implementing?

mongoose

Coach
He should have been sacked last year. Game 3 2015 and NSW lose by 50, you would expect them to be fired up the following year and what happens? the blues lose it in the first 2 games. That is unacceptable in my view and its sad so many blues fans have just settled for mediocrity over the years...

beave

Coach

Ash Graham has never played an origin game you f**king pot plant.

Danish

Referee
The only way I will be happy with Daley being sacked is if there is a replacement putting their hand up to take his job that is agreed to be a better candidate for the position.

No point sacking Daley if they are just going to spin the unemployed (and thus shithouse) coaches chocolate wheel to hire the next guy

OldPanther

Coach
The only way I will be happy with Daley being sacked is if there is a replacement putting their hand up to take his job that is agreed to be a better candidate for the position.

No point sacking Daley if they are just going to spin the unemployed (and thus shithouse) coaches chocolate wheel to hire the next guy

Fittler and Johns co-coaching.