What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

In an 18 team comp...

I just find it Ironic a Clown Bears supporter wants to bag off at a team thats

IN ... the comp :sarcasm:

the Bears .. I mean who the F..K are they ?:?

nothing but a piece of League memorabillia Like Newtown & University
sent packing ingloriously into the pages of History as a joke club during the time they did compete , had a hilarious key stone cops end , & are still laughed at today with their delusional supporters believing they'll earn the right to compete with " real " clubs Like the Raiders & Manly again soon
:lol::lol:

you just keep telling your fairy tales amongst yourselves & leave the talk of current events in our games to the fans of teams that " currently" compete
that is all ;-)

I find it ironic that someone with a quarter of a brain thinks that their opinion matters.

I'll tell you who the Bears are. They are one of the first Rugby League teams in Australia, they are one of the original teams that helped create the original comp.

They existed before you, your dad and your grand dad. They are a team held together by families and friends, a team whose very fabric of existence goes beyond our generation or the previous.

Without Norths, Manly wouldn't exist. We are one of the most selfless clubs in Australia, we played our part in bringing Manly in, relocating out of Sydney for rationalization and backed by our own funds. No handouts, no salary cap drama's, no trouble.

We have had great players, great men and great people walk through our doors. We've had players sent to world war 1 + 2. We've had our team stripped of 60% it's playing roster to enable Manly to build their first squad. We've been through lean years, we've been kicked down and stomped on, we've been on the receiving end of literal cheat refs, incredibly poor decisions and just outright bad luck. But here we still are, united. Fans and supporters backing our great club with it's amazing traditions and optimism.

While you and your modern bogan views will give up on your team temporarily when they play bad, Bears fans don't. We don't give up and the fact that we're attracting more high profile sponsors, members and general fans then a few clubs and many of those aspect more-so than your club. It'd be wise for you to stfu. Because after all, you said it best. We don't have a team in the comp yet we're accomplishing just as much if not more then your club is off the field. A team that won't even sack it's mediocore coach unless they lose 25 games straight. Who is run by family and due to that has a major conflict of interest from board to coaching ranks. What does that say about your team? Yes your in the comp but keep going the way you are by ignoring history and that League memorabilia you're talking about will be the same place the Raiders will eventually be.

Think before you type mate. It would be in your best interest to do so.

carcharias

Immortal
so what chance are the bears?
I personally would rather them than Melb version2 in Perth or Adelaide.

but.....I would say they are pretty much no chance.

Valheru

Coach
Not sure why some people are death riding the Perth bid. I don’t think they will be particularly successful but the financial benefits are worth it.

As for the topic, I agree with the OP.
2 x Friday
3 x Saturday
3 x Sunday
1 x Monday

Perth in the comp means the following for their home matches

A live double header if it’s Friday
3 live games if it’s Saturday
3 live games if it’s Sunday with the Perth game kicking off 4PM local time and fox showing it live. It would be my preference that Perth plays the majority of games in this slot)

If both the Warriors and Perth are playing away or not playing on the Sunday then the 3rd game on the Sunday should be at 7:30PM. These would be limited and would have a big game feel due to the majority of Sundays involving either Warriors or Perth playing at home.

Raiderdave

First Grade
I find it ironic that someone with a quarter of a brain thinks that their opinion matters.

I'll tell you who the Bears are. They are one of the first Rugby League teams in Australia, they are one of the original teams that helped create the original comp.

They existed before you, your dad and your grand dad. They are a team held together by families and friends, a team whose very fabric of existence goes beyond our generation or the previous.

Without Norths, Manly wouldn't exist. We are one of the most selfless clubs in Australia, we played our part in bringing Manly in, relocating out of Sydney for rationalization and backed by our own funds. No handouts, no salary cap drama's, no trouble.

We have had great players, great men and great people walk through our doors. We've had players sent to world war 1 + 2. We've had our team stripped of 60% it's playing roster to enable Manly to build their first squad. We've been through lean years, we've been kicked down and stomped on, we've been on the receiving end of literal cheat refs, incredibly poor decisions and just outright bad luck. But here we still are, united. Fans and supporters backing our great club with it's amazing traditions and optimism.

While you and your modern bogan views will give up on your team temporarily when they play bad, Bears fans don't. We don't give up and the fact that we're attracting more high profile sponsors, members and general fans then a few clubs and many of those aspect more-so than your club. It'd be wise for you to stfu. Because after all, you said it best. We don't have a team in the comp yet we're accomplishing just as much if not more then your club is off the field. A team that won't even sack it's mediocore coach unless they lose 25 games straight. Who is run by family and due to that has a major conflict of interest from board to coaching ranks. What does that say about your team? Yes your in the comp but keep going the way you are by ignoring history and that League memorabilia you're talking about will be the same place the Raiders will eventually be.

Geez...... :sarcasm: Cry Much :lol::lol:

;-)

Raiderdave

First Grade
Not sure why some people are death riding the Perth bid. I don’t think they will be particularly successful but the financial benefits are worth it.

As for the topic, I agree with the OP.
2 x Friday
3 x Saturday
3 x Sunday
1 x Monday

Perth in the comp means the following for their home matches

A live double header if it’s Friday
3 live games if it’s Saturday
3 live games if it’s Sunday with the Perth game kicking off 4PM local time and fox showing it live. It would be my preference that Perth plays the majority of games in this slot)

If both the Warriors and Perth are playing away or not playing on the Sunday then the 3rd game on the Sunday should be at 7:30PM. These would be limited and would have a big game feel due to the majority of Sundays involving either Warriors or Perth playing at home.

only morons are buddy with little insight into what our game needs to properly thrive , aka the 2 bears boofheads above :roll:

the Reds are assured of one spot in the next round of expansion & I think the 2nd will go to a 2nd Brisbane franchise
they'll be called Brisbane , the Brisbane whosie ma whats its ?? , I don't care what it ends up being as long as it isn't Ipswich :roll:

this is the only logical way to go

as for games
Perth adds time slots all over the schedule

Live Fridays .... 7.30pm kick off WA Time ... 9.30pm Eastern
same on Saturdays
Sunday can be either
a 2pm kickoff in Perth with a live FTA broadcast into the east leading into the news
or a 4pm kickoff .. with a 6pm Live broadcast on Fox back east

the only night you won't have Perth feature at home is Mondays
( unless its a holiday ova there ?)

great stuff
loking forward to the Reds II ;-)

Raiderdave

First Grade
All I did was answer a question which you asked. If you can't handle that then don't bother asking stupid questions. In the meantime go back to your dole que and being a dunce.

My answer .... to my question , was a lot more accurate then yours

that is all ;-)

Goddo

Bench

The case you just made is not that we should expand to accomodate the Bears, but rather look at some current underperforming clubs and ask some serious questions.

The Sydney clubs have known for 30 years now that the NSWRL/ARL/NRL is/has become a national comp, and that their small markets and outdated facilities with low sponsorships isn't enough going forward - they must change their business models to survive.

Look at the best performing clubs right now off field in Sydney - Canterbury, Souths, St George, Wests. They have all adapted the way they operate - memberships, new markets, broadened sponsor apeal, some taking games outside Sydney, mergers.

Yet some clubs just trudge along acting like nothings changed (Sydney, Penrith, Cronulla and Manly especially). Yet pokies laws are changing, sponsors are harder to find in Sydney due to competition, media exposure is a fight - yet the future will see more "strong" big market clubs like Melbourne, Brisbane and Auckland.

We all know that Gosford isn't a big enough market for a full time NRL side (Wollongong is bigger and it didn't work there), and that it would add next to nothing to the TV contract. Yet a strong North Sydney - Gosford franchise would fit the games needs far better than some current clubs do.

I maintain that it isn't expanding by adding clubs in NSW - its contracting back to the NSWRL. What we need is true expansion in Perth, and consolidation in Queensland. But the NRL might also need to tap Manly on the shoulder and point towards the Sunshine Coast or Gosford. It is then that the Bears become a viable option.

Last edited:

Loudstrat

Coach
I just find it Ironic a Clown Bears supporter wants to bag off at a team thats

IN ... the comp

the Bears .. I mean who the F..K are they ?

nothing but a piece of League memorabillia Like Newtown & University
sent packing ingloriously into the pages of History as a joke club during the time they did compete , had a hilarious key stone cops end , & are still laughed at today with their delusional supporters believing they'll earn the right to compete with " real " clubs Like the Raiders & Manly again soon

you just keep telling your fairy tales amongst yourselves & leave the talk of current events in our games to the fans of teams that " currently" compete
that is all

Loudy is a parramatta fan.

:lol::lol: Its even in my sig you dumb spastic! FFS if you learned to read rather than hone your ignorance you might have nutted that out!

Now you have revealed your intellectual capacity, you might explain to us what happens to the time slot when Perth plays away? You do realise that they will not be playing all their games at home. So that wonderful 7.30pm kickoff for the 9.30. pm east coast market means a 9.30 kickoff for some poor club when the Reds are travelling.

You do understand the concept of time differences, do you?

Spastic.

Perth Red

Post Whore
:lol::lol: Its even in my sig you dumb spastic! FFS if you learned to read rather than hone your ignorance you might have nutted that out!

Now you have revealed your intellectual capacity, you might explain to us what happens to the time slot when Perth plays away? You do realise that they will not be playing all their games at home. So that wonderful 7.30pm kickoff for the 9.30. pm east coast market means a 9.30 kickoff for some poor club when the Reds are travelling.

Spastic.
nice use of a derogatory term that people with disabilities would find extremely offensive.

Anyways ignorance aside, it wouldn't be every week obviously but every other week is still attractive and it could be any of the three night games not just a Friday night. I know the Reds would prefer to play every game on a Friday night to get the city crowd down to nib but I think people on the East coast would soon get sick of seeing Perth every other week on a Friday.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Its even in my sig you dumb spastic! FFS if you learned to read rather than hone your ignorance you might have nutted that out!

Spastic.

ah..... :sarcasm:
are you serious ?

you question the intelligence of someone , then actually ask this ? LOL ...:lol:

when the Reds are playing away we go back to exactly what we have right now you dribbling gimp .... :lol:

the new time slots only apply when Perth are at home
I mean .... Really :lol:

what a moron :lol:

beave

Coach

Spastic.

Loudy, all they have to do to offset Perth away games is have NZ games at home either saturday or sunday in the earlier timeslots.

bobmar28

Bench
The case you just made is not that we should expand to accomodate the Bears, but rather look at some current underperforming clubs and ask some serious questions.

The Sydney clubs have known for 30 years now that the NSWRL/ARL/NRL is/has become a national comp, and that their small markets and outdated facilities with low sponsorships isn't enough going forward - they must change their business models to survive.

Look at the best performing clubs right now off field in Sydney - Canterbury, Souths, St George, Wests. They have all adapted the way they operate - memberships, new markets, broadened sponsor apeal, some taking games outside Sydney, mergers.

Yet some clubs just trudge along acting like nothings changed (Sydney, Penrith, Cronulla and Manly especially). Yet pokies laws are changing, sponsors are harder to find in Sydney due to competition, media exposure is a fight - yet the future will see more "strong" big market clubs like Melbourne, Brisbane and Auckland.

We all know that Gosford isn't a big enough market for a full time NRL side (Wollongong is bigger and it didn't work there), and that it would add next to nothing to the TV contract. Yet a strong North Sydney - Gosford franchise would fit the games needs far better than some current clubs do.

I maintain that it isn't expanding by adding clubs in NSW - its contracting back to the NSWRL. What we need is true expansion in Perth, and consolidation in Queensland. But the NRL might also need to tap Manly on the shoulder and point towards the Sunshine Coast or Gosford. It is then that the Bears become a viable option.

Bulldogs, Bunnies, Dragons and Tigers. 4 teams in Sydney? 5 with a merged Eels/Panthers. Sounds about right to me. Bring in Perth, SEQ, CC Bears and Steelers. Maybe Wellington. A truly national/international competition.

Panfas

Juniors
Bulldogs, Bunnies, Dragons and Tigers. 4 teams in Sydney? 5 with a merged Eels/Panthers. Sounds about right to me. Bring in Perth, SEQ, CC Bears and Steelers. Maybe Wellington. A truly national/international competition.
Never going to happen

Latest posts