What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Inglis admits himself to mental health clinic

Witnessed a guy walk down the aisle in the Warriors Dragons game last night with a Bunnies hat on, holding the hand of what I presume was his about 5 year old son.

Copped a torrent of abuse from a group regarding his captain and the fact he had 'mental issues'.

I know we're trying to change opinions on mental health in society and it's happening slowly, but I don't give it much hope while there are still mouth breathers like those in the crowd and in this thread abounding.

Well I can assure you I wasn't one of them Mr. Penrose Warrior. I just don't feel he deserves MY sympathy due to being a woman basher. That's all. Everyone else is entitled to feel sorry for him if they wish.

Cheerio,
This Mouth Breather.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Well I can assure you I wasn't one of them Mr. Penrose Warrior. I just don't feel he deserves MY sympathy due to being a woman basher. That's all. Everyone else is entitled to feel sorry for him if they wish.

Cheerio,
This Mouth Breather.

Hey, that's cool. That's your opinion. You're not a mouth breather because you wouldn't abuse a fan with a Bunnies hat on, unprovoked, over it right? No sympathy and that scenario, two different things right?

Never had depression but wouldn't wish it on anyone. Feel sorry for him? Guess I do. If you don't, I get it. But taunting, gee. If said mouth breathers at the footy had such an affliction suffered by their family and were taunted over it, I bet they'd be sticking up for a fight straight away. That makes them hypocrites. Don't have to sympathise but revelling/laughing at someone's mental state strikes me as pathetic.

Paullyboy

Coach
Depression is a very serious issue, and I'm not looking to make light of it at all. It's killed far too many people and anything to help prevent that is a great thing.

HOWEVER, it's become an easy out for a lot of people who are just having a temporary period of unhappiness to just blame everything on depression. It's like someone who has the sniffles saying they have the flu - if you have the flu, you're out like a light for days if not weeks, yet people with a common cold just say they have the flu because they either don't understand the difference or they want sympathy.

Oh by the way, this isn't directed at GI as such, I have no knowledge of his situation, it's more just a general comment about 'mental health' because that's the way the conversation seems to have shifted.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Depression is a very serious issue, and I'm not looking to make light of it at all. It's killed far too many people and anything to help prevent that is a great thing.

Hmm, didn't you describe Fifita, who was well known to have battled depression and tried to jump out of a window, as:

"a horrific human being. A genuine degenerate. The sooner he isn't a part of society, the better."

Paullyboy

Coach

Hmm, didn't you describe Fifita, who was well known to have battled depression and tried to jump out of a window, as:

"a horrific human being. A genuine degenerate. The sooner he isn't a part of society, the better."

I'll take your word for it that those are my exact words, it sounds about right but I'm not as pedantic as you to go back and find it.

Having said that - I stand by my comments wholeheartedly.

He is a horrific human being and a genuine degenerate that is a detriment to society. He's a perfect example of someone who takes the piss out of the whole 'mental illness' issue. He probably blames his abuse of a junior referee on it as well because he knows it's effectively a get out of jail free card.

myrrh ken

First Grade
Don't think he has ever blamed mental illness for the FKL and junior refs incidents, so I'm not sure what you are referring to.

Wishing he was dead certainly shows a deep understanding of the issue.

Paullyboy

Coach
How have I wished he was dead? I said society would be much better without him in it - i.e - behind bars.

I have zero doubt he'll find his way there pretty quickly once his career is over.

M2D2

Bench
Raiders fans sure are shithead bunch, here i thought skeepe was just a bit of a black sheep.

Paullyboy

Coach
Raiders fans sure are shithead bunch, here i thought skeepe was just a bit of a black sheep.

Don't associate others with my opinion - isn't that against everything you lefties believe in?

But what have I said that would make me a 'shithead' out of curiosity? You think that Fifita is a good thing?

kbw

Bench
He
f**king what?

has been crap in club football since 2015.
Always breaking down and when actually on the field he does bugger all.
Unfortunately he will be go out as an overrated hack instead of being remembered for how he used to be

Lebbo73

Bench
He

has been crap in club football since 2015.
Always breaking down and when actually on the field he does bugger all.
Unfortunately he will be go out as an overrated hack instead of being remembered for how he used to be
I don't think he has been that bad. All the same though, he needs to be shifted into the centres unless he sheds 10kgs. He is too big for fullback. His fitness is not up to the position.

Floyduss

Juniors
I can't see this injury being the cause for this. Probably a bunch of factors and this was the straw that broke the back.

probably something he's been dealing with his whole life

Latest posts